Best United academy defender in the premier league

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Having sold some good defenders like Shawcross, Evans, Keane, Simpson etc to fellow PL clubs, who do you reckon is the best now?

For the life of me I can't seem to create a poll.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I haven't seen enough of Keane to make a good judgment so I'll go with Evans who I never really rated here.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Evans. Keane potentially can surpass him and Shawcross but at the moment both are proven defenders of very good quality.

WhoDaGOAT

Evans by a long way. He was genuinely class for us during 08/09 and 12/13.

LvG and him did not click for whatever reason, and he really lost form as a result.

He was great at Euro 2016; leading a team of veterans and Championship players to respectable showings against world class players.

Bwuk

Evans comfortably. Wish he was still here rather than Jones or Smalling.

Lj82

Agree with most posters here that it got to be Evans.
Evans had a couple of very good seasons with us. At one stage, Fergie was saying that Rio and Vidic needs to fight hard to keep their spot in the starting eleven. Pity that fans' memory of Evans at Utd was marred by his poor performances during the Moyes/LVG era.

ariel

Evans by far. I still think he's the best option in comparison to Smalling/Jones/Rojo.

In the whole PL era, not just current active players, I'd go for Wes Brown

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Evans and Keane are pretty much at the same level, wouldn’t be surprised to see Keane move next summer (although it would be better for his career to stay).

Chip

Evans, but I think Keane will be within a few years.

Blind

I'd be surprised if there wasn't interest from bigger clubs in Evans this summer because he's been immense for West Brom since he moved. He could walk into the Everton or Southampton defence.

rocks13

I'd be surprised if there wasn't interest from bigger clubs in Evans this summer because he's been immense for West Brom since he moved. He could walk into the Everton or Southampton defence.
He could walk into the Manchester United defence.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Evans, Keane is like younger version of Evans though.

Shawcross had very good career though, mainstay and captain of midtable club in PL.

Andy Jones

Supports
SUNDERLAND
Evans or Shawcross.

I was gutted we didn't go for Evans again when he moved to WBA for £6M. Especially when we spunked £8M on Djilibodji the dodgy and go and sign crocks like Lescott and unproven young'uns like Denayer. He was absolutely immense for us under Keane in 06/07 and 07/08. Can see Evans going to a Everton or Southampton type team in the summer. Think Keane will go to Chelsea before too long too.

Robbie Boy

Evans. Shawcross was quite good for a period of time and I'm surprised he never made a slightly bigger move when his stock was high. I'm nowhere near as convinced by Keane as some on here seem to be.

Andy Jones

Supports
SUNDERLAND
Evans would have been comfortably been part of Arsenal's best central defensive partnership.