Best/Worst match ups in knock out rounds.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just made a post in the match thread about which teams England would like to play/avoid in the knock outs and it got me thinking.

For England I reckon the three teams they'd want to avoid would be Spain, Brazil and France. Can see them struggling against all those teams styles.

Think England-Germany would be a fascinating match up. England would create chances v Germany for sure, just how they'd handle the mental aspect.

Think England could beat Portugal. 50/50 v likes of Mexico and Croatia.

Interested who fans of other teams already through or about to go through to knock outs would ideally like to play/avoid.

I see Charles Miller (Brazil fan) was already declaring they will beat Germany in round of 16 if they meet so looks confident for that clash. I imagine Brazil would want to avoid France due to history in last 20 years and also Mexico who always give them tough games.

Croatia I imagine after last euros will be desperate to avoid Portugal after the way they were shut down in last euros.

History does matter, look at the way Portugal knocked out England in 2004 and the mental side played a big part in the rematch two years later.

Thoughts?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can we not turn this into an England thread please.

Genuinely interested who the Spainish, French, Belgium, Portugal, Croatian etc fans would be happy playing/desperate to avoid in knock out round.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Colombia will be a difficult match up next round. Lots of good technical players but also got pace and physicality.

Apart from Ospina. Never seen a keeper get so many apparent injuries in games.

Robertd0803

I reckon England would struggle massivley against Croatia on the midfield basis alone never mind the likes of Spain/France etc.

Brazil would probably love the chance of revenge vs Germany while wanting to avoid them completley.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like my thread got ditched in favour of a very similar last 16 discussion one, ah well.