Birmingham lack of success in English Football

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bad place in general:
low wages, high cost of living, everything is expansive and full of taxes, one of the biggest national debt in the world, corruption and criminality everywhere, pollution and trash everywhere

So a bad and unsafe place
Italy is a massive country and while those problems do exist, they don't exist in the entire country. The south is much less developed than the North. The cost of living is similar to other western European countries and this goes down in the south. There are problems with trash collection in the south but the North is very clean. Even here I'm generalising but you've painted the whole of Italy with the same problems when in reality these can depend on the region.

passing-wind

Away from the economic / political ascendancy, what about the transcendence of grass-roots levels ? I've heard Birmingham suffers from much gang culture so how likely will a talented player be influenced with the confides of those types of environments.

London certainty suffers from the same issues but because the infrastructure from youth level is more extensive I think there's a larger pool of players who are able to be filtered through into professional clubs. It's certainly a reason why Chelsea for example probably have the best youth system in the country, not necessarily representing the first team but the sheer volume of talented players that come through their academy every few years is astonishing.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Bad place in general:
low wages, high cost of living, everything is expansive and full of taxes, one of the biggest national debt in the world, corruption and criminality everywhere, pollution and trash everywhere

So a bad and unsafe place
We must live in parallel dimensions then. UK crime rates are much higher than Italy. While you have more chances of returning home and see your door broken at Italy, you have much higher chances of getting assaulted, raped and murdered at UK. London is even more problematic than places like Napoli, where urban myths prevail about how bad it is, but if you go there you will just find a city which is disorganized due to being part of "poor Italy", but the bigger risk you'll get there are the scooter drivers.

thepolice123

Never been to Birmingham but from what I heard its like Mexico minus the tacos in there. :nervous:

dal

Birmingham is brilliant and tbh it’s my fave purity place to go out in the Uk everything is close they’re a some swanky bars great bars on the lake and proper up market clubs all within a 5-7 cab ride of each other.

Players will be able to get a train into London in 40 minutes soon also(hs2) The same as travelling from Hertfordshire.

The Brummies are great nightlife amazing surprised why it hasn’t done well bar Wolves recently

I’ve been to Manchester and Birmingham and of 100 percent rather love in bham.

I think it’s just more history of clubs and recent wealth rather than where is best to live.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
You know I've always thought of folk from Edinburgh as being like how the Canadians are portrayed in South Park, wee flappy heads, beady eyes. "Ken whit am tawkin aboot' eh?"

Obviously, with being a Glasgow man, I'm a little biased here but I never felt Edinburgh was a very welcoming City, very cold, the natives attitude changing when they heard your Glaswegian accent and of course it is full of middle-class tory you know whits ;)

I'm not sure the English understand the depth of hatred there is between the inhabitants of Glasgow and Edinburgh. Way more than Mancheser and Liverpool for example, which is only about football and Liverpudlians constantly stealing anything that isn't nailed down really, not such a big deal.

RoyH1

I'm not sure the English understand the depth of hatred there is between the inhabitants of Glasgow and Edinburgh. Way more than Mancheser and Liverpool for example, which is only about football and Liverpudlians constantly stealing anything that isn't nailed down really, not such a big deal.
:lol: