Music Blink 182 are back!

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
I don't exercise my musical snobbery when it comes to Blink. All of them are very proficient at playing their instruments, especially Travis who is a genuinely excellent drummer.

They're not going make Led Zeppelin V but they will churn out harmless, good-natured new wave punk rock with cracking riffs and lyrics with heavy doses of self-aware irony.

Most of the other stuff that the 90s Punk movement churned out was awful though.

Brophs

The One and Only
You know who are worse than them though? Good Charlotte.

Wankers. Or "Good Charlotte? More like a mediocre Greenday" to borrow from Chris Rock. You aren't a 'serious' band when your two main members (who are tattooed to the hilt), go out with Paris Hilton and Lionel Richie's daughter. You're less of a serious band, and more of an all-round shower of cnuts in that case. IMO, of course.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
feckin' nice one.

Stop comparing them to other bands, and putting them in genre's.

Nothing worse than categorizing music in that way.

Top band, who's last album was pretty wank, hopefully it will go back to the 'Dude Ranch' style.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Does it matter?

Punk died inside a year.
Yeah that childish American shite-pop-punk drivel did, that was being churned out a few years ago - not real punk from days gone by :cool:

Green Day had some elements of their music that resembled Punk & then had to feck it all up by faggoting the vocals & that repetitive riff that all these knob-jockeys fecking used!

lets see who gets pissed off first

lynchie

I don't exercise my musical snobbery when it comes to Blink. All of them are very proficient at playing their instruments, especially Travis who is a genuinely excellent drummer.
This isn't exactly true. The bloke on bass really couldn't play to save his life. He just got by on ridiculously simple lines. At least when Sid Vicious did it, he was fecked off his tits.

Christofaux

This isn't exactly true. The bloke on bass really couldn't play to save his life. He just got by on ridiculously simple lines. At least when Sid Vicious did it, he was fecked off his tits.
Hoppus is self taught and pretty damn good, Barker is one of the best drummers in the world, Delong is the only one i have my doubts about musically.

lynchie

Hoppus is self taught and pretty damn good, Barker is one of the best drummers in the world, Delong is the only one i have my doubts about musically.
Hoppus is shit. I was self taught for 6 months before I got bored and was far better than him.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
So their new single is out.

It's very Box Car-ish. I think I like it though. Even if they have managed to piss half legions of their UK fans this year, I can't bring myself to hate them. I mean, it's Blink innit. Super excited about this new album.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
So their new single is out.

It's very Box Car-ish. I think I like it though. Even if they have managed to piss half legions of their UK fans this year, I can't bring myself to hate them. I mean, it's Blink innit. Super excited about this new album.
Sort of leads nowhere that song, maybe it's just me.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
i absolutely love their new stuff, they have their new music video out now just released the other day, song is called wishing well, its my favourite track on the album, link below

Blink 182

Ludens the Red

Ahh, a Blink thread, I'm still upset with them for cancelling their UK shows last year, making us wait a bloody year!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Good god... I've only just discovered that the album name "Take off Your Pants and Jacket" is actually a naughty play on words!

All this time I've been so naive...

Yes, I did think this warranted a thread bump, what of it?

Member 39557

Good god... I've only just discovered that the album name "Take off Your Pants and Jacket" is actually a naughty play on words!

:lol::wenger: Welcome to 2001

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
:lol:

Seriously... all this time I've just assumed it was a simple instruction to get naked, and that's all... never did I realise it meant anything more!

This revelation has changed my whole outlook on the world as I know it...

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Really? It took you that long? Wow. That's probably not something you want to be shouting about...