Television Blue Planet II

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Ohhhh. Ok that makes sense. I was racking my brains for ages trying to work out how they could have a prequel to a 15 yer old wildlife documentary.

I forgot that trailers get their own trailers now. FFS.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Am really looking forward to this. The deep sea episode in The Blue Planet is still the nature documentary high water mark.

I'm pretty sure a preview isn't a prequel though even if you think your doc is cinematic, regardless of what the wanker in marketing says.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Anything with attenborough is a must watch, be a sad day when that man goes. I recommend his doc on the Galapagos Islands, a good watch indeed.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
I love Attenborough but I found the original blue planet very dull, something about ocean based wildlife programmes I just can't watch which is strange as I wanted to be a marine biologist at school and I love the Numa series of Clive Cussler books.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I love Attenborough but I found the original blue planet very dull, something about ocean based wildlife programmes I just can't watch which is strange as I wanted to be a marine biologist at school and I love the Numa series of Clive Cussler books.
That's really odd :lol:
South Pacific is another great one, with quite a lot of ocean stuff in it.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
It is here! :)

The camerawork takes up the baton where Planet Earth II left off by the looks of it.

Last edited:

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24

Re: the release date

I think we can do some educated guesswork here. If we assume that they'll want the series concluded in time for Christmas, it can't really start any later than the first week of November, and likely a week or two earlier. I'd be surprised if we have to wait more than a fortnight.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My Girlfriend and I have both applied for tix for a preview hosted by David Attenborough in Bristol. I think I’ll actually cry if we are successful.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
^ I'd like to ask if it's still possible to apply. but i'd only be taking a place from someone else more suitable.

While i hope that Blue Planet II is as good as Planet Earth II, it would be nice if my favourite ep isn't so early in the series. The one focused on Islands was never bettered IMO.

I've been catch up on some of the Fargo novels this year. The early books were okay but like his other adventures the formula has taken a firm hold.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
^ I'd like to ask if it's still possible to apply. but i'd only be taking a place from someone else more suitable.

While i hope that Blue Planet II is as good as Planet Earth II, it would be nice if my favourite ep isn't so early in the series. The one focused on Islands was never bettered IMO.

I've been catch up on some of the Fargo novels this year. The early books were okay but like his other adventures the formula has taken a firm hold.
Undoubtedly, you know what you're getting as soon as you open a new one but I think that's what I like. They're easy to read, hard to put down and as soon as you've read one you've forgotten it.
As I knock on in years I'm noticing I can't concentrate on anything with too much of a plot or oodles of characters to keep track of.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
So looking forward to this, have to break my cherry viewing it in UHD/4k much the way I did Planet Earth in 1080p

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So looking forward to this, have to break my cherry viewing it in UHD/4k much the way I did Planet Earth in 1080p
I’m seriously considering investing in a 4K set for this alone.

Does anyone know if it will be broadcast in 4K to a Virgin V6 box?