Film Blue Story

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Great film. Too real, both unfortunate and ironic that so many great acting performances have had to be smothered and essentially silenced due to the potential incitement such a film invariably brings with it.

Films of this nature tend to be quite hammy an inaccurate, which is probably why they get sanctioned and a full cinema run. Thought it was unfair when this got pulled, but having seen it, I can understand the line of thought that led to the decision being made.

The moral message can be selectively bypassed, or not even taken in by the audience it's intended for, which would ultimately leave you with a very violent and destructive movie.

As far as British cinema goes, this is in the top bracket of at least this century, but there's absolutely no way it will, or can, earn the plaudits it so rightly warrants.

I think an audience who have no idea about the subject matter would be quite mortified by the movie. It's an insight that doesn't necessarily need to be conveyed to a wider audience, which again leaves the film stuck between a rock and a hard place. I wonder if its full cinema run would have completed if this:

Didn't happen. I seriously doubt it.

As filmmakers, it must be seriously discouraging to see your work pulled after going through as many green lights as this type of film must have done. Any chance of anything as close to the bone being released again is highly unlikely.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Going to bump because I would be curious to know who on the caf has seen it and what hey thought of the movie.

Wanted to ask also if there is anything like this flying under the radar in other territories that anyone knows of?