Bordeaux in trouble

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Didn't see this anywhere, but Bordeaux - a pretty storied team - is now imo the poster child for vulture capitalists f*cking things up: https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/bordeaux-king-street-administration

" Top-flight French soccer side Girondins Bordeaux have placed themselves under the protection of the city’s commercial court after King Street, the team’s American owners, withdrew its financial support for the club. "

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wow if only the 12 super league clubs had got their way, they would have all been in a position to help Bordeaux out of the sheer goodness of their hearts.

Cloud7

American owners are the worst possible thing to have happened to football.

Also a lesson that, contrary to what we might think, while we do have some bad owners, there are many far worse ones out there, and "anyone but the glazers" is not a solid approach.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's likely they have enough points to avoid relegation this season but it'll be close.

They don't really have any decent prospects to sell off with the exception of Adli.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
American owners are the worst possible thing to have happened to football.

Also a lesson that, contrary to what we might think, while we do have some bad owners, there are many far worse ones out there, and "anyone but the glazers" is not a solid approach.
True... feels hard to fathom but it could actually be worse.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
First tranche release setting the pricing for the market was always doomed to failure.

Charlie Foley

Really sad to see. Plummeting down the table too. I had fond memories living there and going to matches at Chaban-Delmas.

90 + 5min

Shame but I don't see to many problems. Sell the players.

I'm getting little bit tired of clubs and owners talking about finance. Nobody pushed you to give wages and buy players for big money. Hopefully one thing about this Corona crisis can bring is clubs being little more thinking when it comes to investing in players and giving wages. Risk calculation.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Shame but I don't see to many problems. Sell the players.

I'm getting little bit tired of clubs and owners talking about finance. Nobody pushed you to give wages and buy players for big money. Hopefully one thing about this Corona crisis can bring is clubs being little more thinking when it comes to investing in players and giving wages. Risk calculation.
Bordeaux don't pay big wages or do big transfers. That's an incredibly misguided comment. :lol: