Television Bosch: Legacy

SirAnderson

As advertised, the Bosch Spinoff (more a Continuation than a spinoff) is happening, first trailer has come out.

Premiering May 6 on IMDb TV.

Not entirely sure on the direction they going with it, I'd prefer more Bosch screen time than Maddy, but let's see.

Didn't see any shots of Jerry, understandable I suppose, but really liked his character, he could have a spin off on his own imo.

I digress though, May 6. Can't wait.

Hope they drop it all at once, but I figure it will be weekly.

choccy77

Just saw this thread after I posted.

Looking forward to the Character returning, hopefully will be strong series that can keep going for a while.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s just the next season rather than a spin-off, although it seems we don’t get J-Edgar which sucks and I’m not sure Maddie can carry a bigger involvement.

I’m here for it though, love this show.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
This is out on Prime / Freevee if anyone is interested.

Roane

Enjoyed all of Bosch seasons from the past.

Watching this one and not as impressed. Maddie isn't all that in a bigger role and honey chandler should have been kept in the court rooms

SirAnderson

Just finished episode 1 and :drool: it's just as good as the first for me.
Was worried about Maddie but the angle they focusing on is intriguing and it still feels like she's getting just enough time without it taking away from Bosch.

Basically Honey Chandler taking the place of Jerry it feels like, early days, in terms of the next supporting character that gets more screen time.

The season arc also seems to be good and sticking to what worked so well in the original.

Will be bingeing the rest all weekend!

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Just finished first episode too…but wtf was the ‘this season on Bosch: Legacy’ bit at the end they gave so much of the plot away?

SirAnderson

Just finished first episode too…but wtf was the ‘this season on Bosch: Legacy’ bit at the end they gave so much of the plot away?
Oh yeah you have to always beware of that, skip it instantly when it come after the episode is done.

It's really stupid, clearly designed to "wet the appetite" but that's clearly not a good idea for a series that thrives on seeing how things unravel.

Anyway, going to jump into the next episode this morning

SirAF

Ageist
Watched the double finale tonight, can’t wait for next season!

choccy77

The ending was predictable, but it was a good Finale & setup for next season

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Maddie is so awkward as a cop. It’s about as natural as De Niro doing some enforcing as a mobster that is supposed to be like 30 years younger. I get that she is supposed to provide balance in relation to Bosch but it doesn’t always work. edit: to clarify, just awkward in general behavior. Not just physically like old man De Niro trying to kick a guy on the ground.

Overall, it is more of a continuation than a spin-off, which isn’t a bad thing really. The biggest difference I noticed was the inferior intro credits music which was top notch before but I now skip like with most other shows.

Anyone else immediately think of The Expanse during a certain interrogation scene? “You’re not that guy”…”I am that guy”

Last edited:

SirAnderson

Just finished watching it now, and thought it was excellent, as Organic just mentioned it's really more of a continuation than a spin-off. So the quality hasn't changed at all, very well done. I like the chaos of it, so many movie parts and things that needed getting done.

@SirAF On Maddie's role; in the end she was decent :), thought I wouldn't like her getting more screen time but it was good enough, and especially interested in seeing how it goes with season 2 now with how season 1 ended. The cop role suits her much better than what she was in the original.

Not sure how I feel about Bosch's side kick tech guy Mo. He was good but I think Jerry was a much more stronger "partner", and just felt like a weird fit, no back story of how they met or anything, he was just, there.

Enjoyed the Honey Chandler angle as well, giving her even more screen time than Maddy, even though at parts it was overly predictable, was still good to see it unfold.

Really looking forward to season 2, albeit very far from now.

choccy77

Maddie is so awkward as a cop. It’s about as natural as De Niro doing some enforcing as a mobster that is supposed to be like 30 years younger. I get that she is supposed to provide balance in relation to Bosch but it doesn’t always work.

Overall, it is more of a continuation than a spin-off, which isn’t a bad thing really. The biggest difference I noticed was the inferior intro credits music which was top notch before but I now skip like with most other shows.

Anyone else immediately think of The Expanse during a certain interrogation scene? “You’re not that guy”…”I am that guy”
She's actually quiet a boring character as a cop.

She's basically no different to Officer Chan in the Rookie.

I'd rather have had her gone the lawyer route, but it's understandable why she went with cop.

SirAF

Ageist
Just finished watching it now, and thought it was excellent, as Organic just mentioned it's really more of a continuation than a spin-off. So the quality hasn't changed at all, very well done. I like the chaos of it, so many movie parts and things that needed getting done.

@SirAF On Maddie's role; in the end she was decent :), thought I wouldn't like her getting more screen time but it was good enough, and especially interested in seeing how it goes with season 2 now with how season 1 ended. The cop role suits her much better than what she was in the original.

Not sure how I feel about Bosch's side kick tech guy Mo. He was good but I think Jerry was a much more stronger "partner", and just felt like a weird fit, no back story of how they met or anything, he was just, there.

Enjoyed the Honey Chandler angle as well, giving her even more screen time than Maddy, even though at parts it was overly predictable, was still good to see it unfold.

Really looking forward to season 2, albeit very far from now.
:D :drool:

Seriously though, I think Lintz is great as Maddie. Her being awkward as a cop sort of ties in with her being a rookie.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Maddie is so awkward as a cop. It’s about as natural as De Niro doing some enforcing as a mobster that is supposed to be like 30 years younger. I get that she is supposed to provide balance in relation to Bosch but it doesn’t always work. edit: to clarify, just awkward in general behavior. Not just physically like old man De Niro trying to kick a guy on the ground.

Not got around to watching this but it saddens me that the music has changed. The Bosch intro music was perfection.

Also I’m not surprised that Maddie is a bit meh, she worked perfectly as a small role but doesn’t have enough about her for a main character and certainly isn’t what you expect from a cop.

SirAnderson

Not got around to watching this but it saddens me that the music has changed. The Bosch intro music was perfection.

Also I’m not surprised that Maddie is a bit meh, she worked perfectly as a small role but doesn’t have enough about her for a main character and certainly isn’t what you expect from a cop.
Never new intro music mattered all that much. Actually, I think there's a thread dedicated to it, so maybe, but hopefully not to extent of it being a part of how it's rated.
The Shield would be the worst series ever then :lol: @Shane88

I give any series intro 1 complete watch when I start it and then I skip it everytime, all the time. Hate them, and the longer it is the more I hate it.

On Maddie, I really didn't want to see more of her, but they didn't give has as much screen time as I thought and the cop role works much more better for me than her previous role.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Never new intro music mattered all that much. Actually, I think there's a thread dedicated to it, so maybe, but hopefully not to extent of it being a part of how it's rated.
The Shield would be the worst series ever then :lol: @Shane88

I give any series intro 1 complete watch when I start it and then I skip it everytime, all the time. Hate them, and the longer it is the more I hate it.

On Maddie, I really didn't want to see more of her, but they didn't give has as much screen time as I thought and the cop role works much more better for me than her previous role.
They’re obviously not part of how a show is rated but good intro music can be iconic, and Bosch was one I didn’t skip.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Just finished it, not as solid as Bosch but still good. Intro music sucks utter balls.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Finished it, really enjoyed it. I actually liked Maddie's character as a rookie cop and I would be more interested in the beat cop storylines than any courtroom stuff with money chandler.

SirAF

Ageist
Finished it, really enjoyed it. I actually liked Maddie's character as a rookie cop and I would be more interested in the beat cop storylines than any courtroom stuff with money chandler.
Totally agree!

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Finally finished it. It’s just a continuation of Bosch but not exclusively in a cop setting. Good season overall. I do miss J Edgar though!

SirAnderson

Finally finished it. It’s just a continuation of Bosch but not exclusively in a cop setting. Good season overall. I do miss J Edgar though!
Yeah pretty much, and kept much of what made it a great series.

Miss him also, was something I was immediately disappointed with when the plot was broken down.
Keep saying the guy can have a spin off of his own. Just love he's character.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It was ... grand. I think there's only one or two seasons of Bosch I've been genuinely invested in. The others have been a bit half arsed.

Welliver himself isn't even a very good actor, he's far from convincing at times.

Amir

Intro music sucks utter balls.
It actually grew on me by mid-season.

I've only recently started watching Bosch. Completed the 7 seasons in a few weeks and now the first season of Legacy as well. Really good show. Not as pretentious as some of the modern TV shows, and it serves it well.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Oooh, I was hoping this was the reason this thread was bumped.
Great stuff!!
I see it's 2 episodes per week, I think I may just wait for it all to come out and binge it all over a weekend.
And Amazon need to fix their bloody subtitles, they're out of sync with the sound and is really irritating, not just this show, everywhere, I have hearing impairment and I use the subtitles to catch what dialogue I might miss