Both Van Persie and Falcao need to go this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

They're both cleary way past their prime, and shadows of their former self. Its holding us back as a team having these two playing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Fully agree.

A £500k a week striker partnership should get you more than 13 goals combined in February.

Revan

Assumptionman
Completely agree. Or at-least one of them (Falcao) should leave while RVP to stay as backup (as long as he accepts a lower wage).

Man-United

Would get rid of Di Maria too if he's as bad as he's been the last months. Mata can go as well for me.

thejtrain

I don't know what people expect of RvP these days; IMO, it's more about us not getting him the needed service. With a service as bad as that, do people honestly think Rooney would have done more?

Agree on Falcao though, it's hard to believe he's a footballer after a game like that.

Jev

RvP did fine today. Has had an okay season all things considered.

Falcao is completely useless.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We're definitely not signing Falcao barring a miracle at this stage. Van Persie may stay but largely because his contract ends next summer.

Ryan7

I'd keep RVP. Or drop Falcao now and try RVP with Wilson. RVP and Falcao are just far too similar. Whilst neither were impressive today, at least RVP controlled the bloody ball and didn't constantly lose it... unlike Falcao.

prateik

van Persie is fine.
Rooney is the one who needs to go. Well.. not really go.. but he is undroppable. That can never be a good thing. He needs to stop being the first name on the team sheet.

thejtrain

Would get rid of Di Maria too if he's as bad as he's been the last months. Mata can go as well for me.
Why not get rid of Rooney while we're at it? Calm down, it's hardly entirely Di Maria's and Mata's fault - the manager has to take a fair share of the blame with his handling of several players.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've moaned this ad-nauseam. Forget the summer, we need to play Rooney up top alone, or alongside Wilson.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
van Persie is fine.
Rooney is the one who needs to go. He is undroppable. That can never be a good thing. Or if we keep Rooney, he needs to stop being the first name on the team sheet.
Van Persie is also undroppable it seems.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The money would have been better spent if United gave me Falcao fee/wage. I would allocate 2 million to give Wilson a pay raise and ask United to pay him more often, while use the rest on myself :lol:

Man-United

Why not get rid of Rooney while we're at it? Calm down, it's hardly entirely Di Maria's and Mata's fault - the manager has to take a fair share of the blame with his handling of several players.
Would get rid of the manager too and let Giggs or someone try it. Can't be any worse can it?

crossy1686

career ending
I think they're both finished. I'd be glad to see them both leave and be replaced.

At the moment, I don't see why we should try to take someone like Higuain or Cavani and pair one of them with Harry Kane. If he carries on the way he is doing he'll end up at City.

Castia

I agree. I'll always love RvP for winning us the league but it's time to move on. The pair of them are costing us about £450k a week in wages ffs.

PvsNP

RvP got one year left on his contract, which I don't mind him seeing out. Falcao needs to go though, he's lost it.

VanGaalEra

Most definately, one has to leave. It's also time we as a club make a decision which one it is. That way, we can then proceed to only playing one of them at a time.

Robbie Boy

The service has been woeful but yeah, both are quite painful to watch at times. Our whole system, to be fair, is an utter mess. A striker with genuine pace is needed.

Aint gota Kalou

I'd keep RVP, I know he's not been at his best for a while but he's still class IMO. Falcao looks shot.

Roboc7

One or both of them needs to be dropped for the next game, let alone not being here next season. It's hard to see any scenario where falcao will be here next season unless we have already agreed to a deal we can't back out of.

Ekeke

Van Persie is clearly on the wane and its understandable given his age/fitness. However he's still our best striker at holding up the ball and making runs in behind the defence by a country mile

So unless we sign a striker who is one of the best in the world at those things, he has a place in the squad

Krits

Falcao needs to go. I'd keep RVP. His touch has been miles better than last season. He isn't getting the service to score from. But RVP should not play with Rooney either. Rooney needs to be dropped as captain so that he doesn't have an automatic starting spot and he and RVP should be playing for the same spot.

DevilRed

I doubt RVP will leave and the strike partnership is clearly not working.

It would make more sense to have Rooney playing behind either ONE of them.

To be fair though, they hardly get any service and teams just know they can press right up to them because neither is going to beat their defender with pace.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Can people stop clubbing RVP and Falcao together?

One is barely championship standard while the other was our best player today until Blind popped up with the goal.

Kazi

Don't mind Van Persie seeing out his contract to be back-up to Rooney in a 4-3-3. But we shouldn't buy Falcao.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
At Least one has to leave and we need to play with wingers again. Mata behind Rooney with Di Maria and a new winger on the flanks.

Cmz'

100% behind this and been saying it for a while, neither of them are good enough any more. Get rid, save on their wages and get a new, younger pacier? striker in

Ryan7

Most definately, one has to leave. It's also time we as a club make a decision which one it is. That way, we can then proceed to only playing one of them at a time.
Surely it has to be Falcao to go, seeing as though he's on loan. And no way is he worth the fee.

gza the genius

Rooney is much more harmful to the squad currently. He's obviously not rated as a striker ad highly as these two (though I'm not sure how that has been determined) so LVG plays him in midfield instead where he's terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.