Sat, 13 April 2024 @ 5:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BorisManUtd

We'll get played off the park again mark my words
    Yeah possible. Happened at Brentford so no reason why shouldn't it repeat vs Bournemouth. After all they battered us at Old Trafford.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    If we work hard, we might be in with a chance....

Of staying in the game for 30 mins before they inevitably hammer us with a million shots on goal and eventually go on and win.

3-1 Bournemouth.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    That's a given. The only unknown is whether they'll actually take their chances or let us sneak a win or a point.
    How on Earth do teams who are paid a fraction of what our team is paid, play us off the park?
    It is staggering to see these so-called "small" teams treat us like the small team.

Red Regista

This is the type of game where we usually struggle and lose.
    Smaller club (no disrespect), away and after a big match.

I'd wish Ten Hag for once would know what the word 'rotation' means and give the likes of Amad, Eriksen and Mount a start!

NicolaSacco

Supports
    Ipswich
    You can get Utd at 2.75 (or 7/4 for weirdos). Seems very generous to me. I know Utd have been up and down this season but so have Bournemouth and they’re clearly an inferior team. I may have a piece of that cake.

NLunited

How on Earth do teams who are paid a fraction of what our team is paid, play us off the park?
    It is staggering to see these so-called "small" teams treat us like the small team.
    How on earth do these small teams give Pool , Cheaty and Arsenal a horrid time?

It is staggering to see these so-called "small" teams treat them like the small team.

E-mal

How on earth do these small teams give Pool , Cheaty and Arsenal a horrid time?

It is staggering to see these so-called "small" teams treat them like the small team.
    Where is the white text or you have been living under a rock the last 2 seasons?

tomaldinho1

We'll get played off the park again mark my words
    They just countered us to oblivion last time, didn't really play us off the park. I feel like we carry a lot more goal threat now that it won't be the same, be something mental like 2-4.

Von Mistelroum

I almost feel like a negative Nancy saying we'll get hammered here, but we do give away 30 shots per game and I can't see Bournemouth letting us off with that one.

4-1

Offsideagain

This is Bournemouth's Cup Final as it is with most teams when playing United. I can't see EtH not picking Casemiro or Bruno. If Casemiro can tie up his boots, he'll play which is a mistake. The bloke's legs have gone. Bruno needs a rest. I'm definitely in the start Amad camp. Just for something different and energetic. Think we'll just sneak a win.

dutchred

Onana
    Dalot - Willy - Maguire - Amass
    Kobbie Amad
    Bruno Mason
    Garnacho Hojlund

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Onana
    Dalot - Willy - Maguire - Amass
    Kobbie Amad
    Bruno Mason
    Garnacho Hojlund
    'Allow me to squeeze all of my favourite players into my predicted lineup - knowing full well there's no realistic chance of Ten Hag picking that 11 vs Bournemouth'.

dutchred

'Allow me to squeeze all of my favourite players into my predicted lineup - knowing full well there's no realistic chance of Ten Hag picking that 11 vs Bournemouth'.
    That is the purpose of the site, to allow all of us to dream. Of course there is no realistic chance.
    I just hope that Amad plays

USREDEVIL

Onananaa
    AWB Wiley Maggy Dalot
    Mounty Mainoo
    Bruno
    Amad Hojlund Garnachos

Bit light in midfiled but i think we can risk it to keep a more proative attacking side. Mount was sharp in the last game.

Last edited:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    We must try and make it difficult for Bournemouth

E-mal

What are the bookies offering for a bet on united conceding more than 20 shots?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Manchester United Wage Bill 2023/2024
    • Forwards: £47,780,000 (#1)
    • Midfielders: £58,500,000 (#3)
    • Defensmen: £63,955,000 (#2)
    • Goalkeepers: £10,400,000 (#5)
    • Total Salaries: £180,635,000.
    Bournemouth Wage Bill 2023/2024
    • Forwards: £10,400,000 (#18)
    • Midfielders: £10,998,000 (#15)
    • Defensmen: £12,740,000 (#19)
    • Goalkeepers: £4,004,000 (#16)
    • Total Salaries: 38,142,000
    Source: Spotrac.com

Manchester United players cost whopping ~5x (4.7x) more than Bournemouth squad and yet we all know Bournemouth has at least 40% chance of winning, if not more. This is totally fecked up

What we don't talk enough about is the need to have performance-based compensation at United. Motivation and effort from players has been an issue that has plagued us for over a decade. In the face of FFP restrictions this is an existential issue for us, we cannot keep paying players who don't deliver insane salaries. We need structural solution to it.

For instance, learning a thing or two from another industry - in technology, finance etc. compensation for high-earners is predominantly performance based. For instance you can be making 5-10million in actual compensation as an Amazon executive, but your guaranteed ("base") salary is only $160,000, everything above is bonus and stock-based. If company is underperforming and stock is crushing, your compensation is hurt directly. Similarly at wall street, people who make millions - their compensation is mostly bonus and performance-based. If they don't perform they get peanuts compared to their potential.

We don't do enough of it at United. There is only slight dig to our multi-millionaire footballer's salaries if we don't finish top 4 or are out of Champions League. That shouldn't be the case. How about:

Rashford's base (guaranteed) salary is the same as Dango Ouattara as Bournemouth and it only becomes the whopping $350K/week if he is playing, performing in every game and through very carefully thought-through incentives if he is contributing to our tangible success. Why the feck are we paying people insane wages and letting them down tools?

Here's the thing, now that these lazy bums are used for making money for nothing (like Sancho sitting on his ass and making hundreds of thousands a week to play Playstation) they may refuse such contracts. FIRE THEM! Now is the time for starting from scratch anyway, so this may be our only chance to restructure compensation and give everybody similar performance-based wages. They will still be very high if the team performs but wages should be that of a relegation team if we can't even win over relegation teams confidentally. Whoever doesn't want it is out. There are plenty of hungry players we can recruit and build things around them and set this approach as standard, so in the future nobody even dreams joining us who is not ok with performing every game.

gajender

Manchester United Wage Bill 2023/2024
    • Forwards: £47,780,000 (#1)
    • Midfielders: £58,500,000 (#3)
    • Defensmen: £63,955,000 (#2)
    • Goalkeepers: £10,400,000 (#5)
    • Total Salaries: £180,635,000.
    Bournemouth Wage Bill 2023/2024
    • Forwards: £10,400,000 (#18)
    • Midfielders: £10,998,000 (#15)
    • Defensmen: £12,740,000 (#19)
    • Goalkeepers: £4,004,000 (#16)
    • Total Salaries: 38,142,000
    Source: Spotrac.com

Manchester United players cost whopping ~5x (4.7x) more than Bournemouth squad and yet we all know Bournemouth has at least 40% chance of winning, if not more. This is totally fecked up

What we don't talk enough about is the need to have performance-based compensation at United. Motivation and effort from players has been an issue that has plagued us for over a decade. In the face of FFP restrictions this is an existential issue for us, we cannot keep paying players who don't deliver insane salaries. We need structural solution to it.

For instance, learning a thing or two from another industry - in technology, finance etc. compensation for high-earners is predominantly performance based. For instance you can be making 5-10million in actual compensation as an Amazon executive, but your guaranteed ("base") salary is only $160,000, everything above is bonus and stock-based. If company is underperforming and stock is crushing, your compensation is hurt directly. Similarly at wall street, people who make millions - their compensation is mostly bonus and performance-based. If they don't perform they get peanuts compared to their potential.

We don't do enough of it at United. There is only slight dig to our multi-millionaire footballer's salaries if we don't finish top 4 or are out of Champions League. That shouldn't be the case. How about:

Rashford's base (guaranteed) salary is the same as Dango Ouattara as Bournemouth and it only becomes the whopping $350K/week if he is playing, performing in every game and through very carefully thought-through incentives if he is contributing to our tangible success. Why the feck are we paying people insane wages and letting them down tools?

Here's the thing, now that these lazy bums are used for making money for nothing (like Sancho sitting on his ass and making hundreds of thousands a week to play Playstation) they may refuse such contracts. FIRE THEM! Now is the time for starting from scratch anyway, so this may be our only chance to restructure compensation and give everybody similar performance-based wages. They will still be very high if the team performs but wages should be that of a relegation team if we can't even win over relegation teams confidentally. Whoever doesn't want it is out. There are plenty of hungry players we can recruit and build things around them and set this approach as standard, so in the future nobody even dreams joining us who is not ok with performing every game.
    Must have sounded real smart in your head , such revolutionary ideas though might have issues with legality and actual real life implementation but who actually cares about that right .

NewGlory

Must have sounded real smart in your head , such revolutionary ideas though might have issues with legality and actual real life implementation but who actually cares about that right .
    You are aware that you can disagree without being condescending and offensive, right?

What "issues with legality"? If it is not illegal for Solanke to be on £50,000/week, at Bournemouth, it is certainly not illegal for Rashford to be on that base salary, either. And it is certainly not illegal to then further incentivize Rashford with bonuses on top of the base salary. There is nothing illegal here.

As for real-life implementation challenges, I did acknowledge that and did say that current spoiled players may refuse such new contracts, which only means they need to be moved on. And then you recruit future "Solanke" who will be happy to make at least £50,000/week but potentially £200,000/week if they play well and to play for United instead of Bournemouth. It is not any crazier than giving Antony 10x the salary than he had at Ajax, while our squad cannot even compete with Bournemouth reliably, and to think THAT is normal.

Other industries do performance-based compensation, all over the place, it is doable. You may not like it, others may think it is a bad idea, all of which is ok, but please don't be a thought police - it's not a good look

soapythecat

Easy game for Bournemouth. Put your chances away and win comfortably. Pretty much the same brief for any team facing ETH’s United. Attack the space, dominate possession and control the midfield. Easiest brief in PL history. As for United…

Xaviboy

Didn't their manager say in his post manager interview back in November when they beat us that utd will always give you space so we have to take opportunities.

Well same applies here. All they need to do is leave a Midfielder or few atrackers to stand in that huge space between our defence and midfield and we will concede chances.

He seems a good tactical manager so one that will get his team to exploite the spaces we leave wide open.

always_hoping

Raphael Varane confirmed out for a few weeks with a muscle injury. Jonny Evans is out of this game with a short-term muscle injury.

sugar_kane

It’s been a long while since I’ve been so disinterested in one of our games.

Hope he shakes it up and starts Mount and Amad.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    This is the type of game where we usually struggle and lose.
    Smaller club (no disrespect), away and after a big match.

I'd wish Ten Hag for once would know what the word 'rotation' means and give the likes of Amad, Eriksen and Mount a start!
    No way I’d also be taking a financial hit on these shocking performances :lol:

NewGlory

It’s been a long while since I’ve been so disinterested in one of our games.

Hope he shakes it up and starts Mount and Amad.
    Big +1. I dont have a hope that Erik has balls to do it, but he really should

We need to win remaining games so we dont end up in fecking Conference League next year, but other than that the only thing interesting about this game would be to see Mount and Amad starting. And Kambwala should be starting every remaining game, as far as I am concerned

gajender

You are aware that you can disagree without being condescending and offensive, right?

What "issues with legality"? If it is not illegal for Solanke to be on £50,000/week, at Bournemouth, it is certainly not illegal for Rashford to be on that base salary, either. And it is certainly not illegal to then further incentivize Rashford with bonuses on top of the base salary. There is nothing illegal here.

As for real-life implementation challenges, I did acknowledge that and did say that current spoiled players may refuse such new contracts, which only means they need to be moved on. And then you recruit future "Solanke" who will be happy to make at least £50,000/week but potentially £200,000/week if they play well and to play for United instead of Bournemouth. It is not any crazier than giving Antony 10x the salary than he had at Ajax, while our squad cannot even compete with Bournemouth reliably, and to think THAT is normal.

Other industries do performance-based compensation, all over the place, it is doable. You may not like it, others may think it is a bad idea, all of which is ok, but please don't be a thought police - it's not a good look
    You can offer whatever terms you want for completely new contracts but you will be laughed out of the room by players representatives if we really go down the path you are suggesting but that's besides the point .

You actually went beyond that by suggesting amending their existing contracts and what not
    And if they are not amenable to it just fire them do you not see the problem with thats quite different from trying to move them on .

Apologies if I offended you .

NewGlory

You can offer whatever terms you want for completely new contracts but you will be laughed out of the room by players representatives if we really go down the path you are suggesting but that's besides the point .

You actually went beyond that by suggesting amending their existing contracts and what not
    And if they are not amenable to it just fire them do you not see the problem with thats quite different from trying to move them on .

Apologies if I offended you .
    Thank you. I did mean to say "move them on" when I said "fire", not literally firing :) My bad for misspeaking

Also, understand it is radical and and not surprised that people may find it not a good idea or next to impossible, all of which is fine - no need for everybody to have the same ideas, right?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
    Scout
    Thank you. I did mean to say "move them on" when I said "fire", not literally firing :) My bad for misspeaking

Also, understand it is radical and and not surprised that people may find it not a good idea or next to impossible, all of which is fine - no need for everybody to have the same ideas, right?
    There isn't a single club where this will be implemented, reason is players and agents are not dumb and also most of the contracts are already incentive based, but not just on goals, assists or "playing well".

wolvored

We will be lucky to get a draw, but I think we will be lucky. 1-1

Oranges038

They're safe.

They'll coast the last 6 or 7 games.

Really should be battering them on Saturday.

Utd to win by 4 goals to 1.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 168 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win