Wed, 19 January 2022 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    Brentford are rubbish today I bet they'll be prime Barcelona on Wednesday night
    They don't need to be prime anybody. Being a competent Brentford will probably suffice. The myth of teams raising their game to play us has to die.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
    Shaw
    Lindelof and varane
    Dalot
    Carrick
    Scholes
    Keane
    Park ji sung
    Darren fletcher
    Greenwood and elanga

This lineup would be good

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    Shaw
    Lindelof and varane
    Dalot
    Carrick
    Scholes
    Keane
    Park ji sung
    Darren fletcher
    Greenwood and elanga

This lineup would be good
    A 1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-2. and no goaly.

A bold strategy. Lets hope it pays off.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Liverpool are currently pumping Brentford with ease.
    When we play them, we'll make them look like prime Barcelona.
    We are so inconsistent that it's impossible to make a score prediction or even predict who will win.

Heinzesight

Brentford’s fourth defeat in five league games. What better way to get back on track than a game against United.

Bogga

We might just be able to get our heads straight, perform like we should and possibly get a draw out of this

eltigreFalcao

De Gea
    Lindelof - Maguire - Varane
    Dalot - Bruno - Fred - Donny - Telles
    Sancho - Greenwood
    From what we've seen recently I think this formation should work well with our current squad and under our current form. Dalot and Telles are a liability defending, hence the back three, is obvious that Maguire wil be shoved back in so no use in moaning about it. We clearly played with a midfield 5 against Villa, including our best moments at the beginning of the game. We hade a deeper and much more influential than recent Bruno Fernandes in an 8/10 role, and we also had Fred on very high position in which, lets face it, despite the assist he is crap there, even a liability. Matic will probably still be recovering from the last game in midweek so we either play McT or Fred there in the CDM role, and then my DvB FC badge shines on because I'd really like to see him where Fred played last time out at Villa, pressing high, moving the ball quick to the front line or wide spaces where Dalot or Telles can attempt to put in crosses or back passes (given we have no proper Nº 9). If Ronaldo is fit for wednesday then put him in, but we saw a very rusty Cavani, probably tired, and Rashford is so out of form that's ridiculous to play him.

Edit: Elanga has to start, you pick who gets dropped.

Josh 76

There is no easy game for Utd nowadays. We made Norwich and Newcastle look like Brazil. Brentford are better than those two.

MichaelRed

I'd go with:
    De Gea
    Dalot Varane Jones Telles
    VdB Matic Bruno
    Sancho Ronaldo Elanga

Try win the game early & sub off Matic & Ronaldo around the 60th minute. I'm sure we won't go for this obviously.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
    Supports
    Rangers
    I don't care about the result of this but I do want to see a good perfornance.

VivaRonaldo85

If we don’t start winning games like this soon, we’ll be fighting for a top half finish let alone top 4.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    I see a scrappy 1-0 win with a goal from Wan-Bissaka that in reality was an overhit cross.

Mr PG

Svidersky, Savage, IQ Ball/Zidane.

The kids we saw during the YB game.
    Zidane Iqbal and Hannibal are good enough tbh. Would add so muc quality on the ball. They played with Elanga and looked even more talented even though he has surprised me with his adaptation tbh.

Zidane ordinarily would need another year to grow but such is our need.

Negative Red

I've gone for a 1-1 draw.

In terms of effort against Villa, I don't have many complaints. Our midfield completely ran out of legs though and Cavani had a shocker.

De Gea
    AWB Lindelof Varane Shaw
    Sancho Fred Bruno Matic Elanga
    Ronaldo

Bring McTom and Greenwood on around the 60min mark to freshen things up. Bring Donny on around 88, because that's what we do.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    I saw a big improvement in performances against a Villa side who are going to take some scalps ahead I reckon.

We need to be good for 90 mins rather than 60 but have got the faith itl happen soon.

SonyaCross493

Watched the Aston Villa away game again

Greenwood was worse than I thought initially;

his selfish greedy shots second half when the better option was pulling the ball back for Cavani to make it 3-0 and game over

both the goals for Aston Villa came down his side

In the second half when we are under pressure (after facing a corner) you can see Matic (camera caught it clearly) shouting at Greenwood to tuck in and not go so far forward. Which he of course ignores... which is what Ronaldo was talking about in his interview about young players arrogantly thinking they know it all and ignoring the experienced pros

it doesn't matter who plays in Midfield for Manchester United when you have wide players like Greenwood and Rashford who don't keep the shape when we don't have the ball. Even Bruno is guilty of it at times.

Rangnick needs to see the main problem with this team is the wingers not wanting to do the defensive work.

we can buy Haidara and Zaharia but they'll still have the same problems.. you can't defend with a 2-man midfield again an oppositions midfield 3 plus dealing with overloads from the oppositions full-backs and strikers.

i hope Rangnick wakes up and stops playing Greenwood and Rashford on the wings. They are the main problem in this team currently as they are not proper wingers. We need to be more compact.

we need experienced pro heads to get top 4.. I would even be tempted at playing Cavani on the wings like he did at PSG

I just hope we don't play Greenwood or Rashford in this game otherwise the midfield will be exposed again.

Ladron de redcafe

This is a relatively easy game against a poor side that just got pilloried by a weakened Liverpool team.

Some good signs in the Villa match, offensively. Bruno and Greenwood need to start again. Cavani started to look a little leggy but it's expected when you're as relentless with his pressing as he is, and his movement helped create lots of gaps for teammates to exploit.

3 points are important, and I think they'll get them.

TrustInOle

Elanga deserves to keep his place. If Ronaldo is out put Greenwood up front and Sancho out wide. McSauce back in for Matic.
    Pretty much this! Elanga has pleasantly surprised me quite alot with his desire and directness with the ball, definatley deserves to keep his spot.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Maybe I ll be a bit alone, but according to me, we are less effective when Dalot is playing instead of AWB. Even if Aaron is not prime Dani Alves, I thought that he has done an ok job lately and we are way too weaker when he s not there.

It will be a very tough game, I dont expect anything from us unfortunately....

--------------------------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------------------------
    Wan Bissaka-------------------Maguire-------Lindelof------------------------------Shaw
    ---------------------------------------Mc Tominay-----Fred-----------------------------------------
    Sancho---------------------------------------Bruno------------------------------------Rashford
    -------------------------------------------------Ronaldo--------------------------------------------------

AngliaRed

Pogba on the bench no doubt.

At this stage, i’d give Jones a game just in front of the back 4. I recall him playing a few games there under Fergie. That was 20 yrs ago though:D He’d probably do a decent job.

SonyaCross493

Ronaldo is turning into the forgotten man due to his injury. And not scoring the last few games.

the hope and excitement of his first few games was amazing. Even until the Arsenal game in December. Since that Arsenal game he's lost his mojo and needs to get it back. I don't know if it was an injury he was carrying since the Arsenal game (he was substituted with an injury) but after that Arsenal game he doesn't run as freely.

I hope Ronny can get his spark/mojo back. We need him in order to get top 4 and go deep in the CL. It's thanks to him we are even in the CL in the first place.

Last edited:

Lee565

__________henderson
    Mctominay_varane_maguire_shaw
    ___________jones
    ________beek__bruno
    ____sancho_greenwood_lingard

rooney2009

Maybe I ll be a bit alone, but according to me, we are less effective when Dalot is playing instead of AWB. Even if Aaron is not prime Dani Alves, I thought that he has done an ok job lately and we are way too weaker when he s not there.

It will be a very tough game, I dont expect anything from us unfortunately....

--------------------------------------------------De Gea-------------------------------------------------
    Wan Bissaka-------------------Maguire-------Lindelof------------------------------Shaw
    ---------------------------------------Mc Tominay-----Fred-----------------------------------------
    Sancho---------------------------------------Bruno------------------------------------Rashford
    -------------------------------------------------Ronaldo--------------------------------------------------
    you are not alone mate,Dalot and to a lesser extent Telles are very poor defensively
    They are probably better suited to a 3-5-2 but AWB and Shaw are better players

el diablorojo

Supports
    Brentford
    We’re “rubbish” and “a poor team” but this is “our cup final” :yawn: so you never know….
    We are just a bus stop in Hounslow inject the arrogance and belittlement straight into my veins ;)

That being said we aren’t playing the same way we did when we started the season so a good time to play us. Game under the lights should make for a cracking atmosphere will be in the pub early doors for this one!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
    Hopefully we move on from that mess we made a few days ago. Brentford can be pretty tough so hopefully we take them seriously.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 305 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw