Brexit Rule Changes for Academies

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Haven't seen a thread on this but United's Academy Head has spoken out against the proposed rules by players having to be 18 now before they are signed. This would prevent clubs signing players under that age which would mean players signed previously such as Pogba, Fabregas etc could not be signed under the new rules.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55314305
Think we all knew this was coming. I'd imagine the best English academies will hoover up the young British talent even more aggressively than they already do. I don't know what the rules around it would be, but if it's legal I can see a lot of future transfers being set up for talented youngsters when they're 16 to join clubs when they're 18.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Anything stopping UK clubs just setting up feeder academies in the EU or ROI and transferring players to the parent club once they're 18?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Anything stopping UK clubs just setting up feeder academies in the EU or ROI and transferring players to the parent club once they're 18?
I think clubs are already looking into that, even we've been linked with a feeder club fairly recently.