Film Brightburn

reelworld

The movie took a Superman trope and turn it on its head. Looking forward how this played out. The not so subtle dig to Man of Steel is priceless. There are literally the same shots from MoS

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Yeah saw this trailer the other day. Looking forward to it, the origin of Superman as horror should be pretty cool.

Oldyella

Superman as serial killer? I'm in.

They really didn't need to rip off man of steel as much as they have though. We get it, no need to copy it to the exact same font on the credits! Let's hope General Zod is a good guy this time..

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I don't like horror films I'm a bit sensitive to stuff like that.

Think I might brave this one though after a few beers.

Oldyella

Looks OK. Not the most original premise but will give it a watch.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Looks like a really cheap thrill but I'll definitely watch it since the premise is too fun to pass up on.

I can already see a predictable ending though, a mothers love causing him to let his guard down, then kryptonite to the face and it's all over.

Hope I'm wrong though :)

Sylar

Did most of the people here watch this? Only just watched this over the weekend. It was 'entertaining' but I reckon there was so much more they could have done with this. Im glad they didnt go with the predictable ending with the mother.

The kid did a decent job of playing an emotionless person once the turn happened.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Did most of the people here watch this? Only just watched this over the weekend. It was 'entertaining' but I reckon there was so much more they could have done with this. Im glad they didnt go with the predictable ending with the mother.

The kid did a decent job of playing an emotionless person once the turn happened.
I thought it was pretty good and quite enjoyable - it did feel like a missed opportunity to take what was a really cool idea and make it into a really great movie.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Saw this in the cinema a few months ago. Was pretty ordinary. Feel like it just got excessively bloody for no real reason and really had to strain to force the final act to come together. Liked the visual cues with the lights flickering every time he was nearby, but I'm glad it wasn't any longer than it ended up being, you know?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Completely wasted the opportunity to do something good with the concept. Just a pointless, aimless movie in the end. Very disappointing.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought it was an interesting concept, then I watched the Boys a few months later who did the evil Superman thing so much better.

Sylar

Yeah, thats how I feel. A wasted concept (altho i gotta check out The Boys)
As a movie, it was entertaining enough. Thankfully it was only 90 minutes cos they kinda kept doing the same thing towards the end.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah, thats how I feel. A wasted concept (altho i gotta check out The Boys)
As a movie, it was entertaining enough. Thankfully it was only 90 minutes cos they kinda kept doing the same thing towards the end.
The Boys does a kinda similar concept but sooo much better - it's fantastic and you will love it.

Sylar

The Boys does a kinda similar concept but sooo much better - it's fantastic and you will love it.
Oh wow wicked. Ill have to watch it cos I kept seeing and hearing ads for it and it looked like a great concept in the ads (well similar to this but also focusing on the ones who take out the 'superheroes' ha)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Watched this the other day. Didn't do anything interesting. Quite boring. Nice kills though.