Bring in Conte, sack him at end of season, then bring in Ten Hag

Status
Not open for further replies.

sport2793

Thoughts? This is based on the reports of what the Glazers want and Ten Hag's unwillingness to move mid-season. Biggest issue with this approach is that Conte will want a multi-year contract and to be handsomely paid so it could become quite expensive.

If Conte wins a trophy he can't be sacked of course but Ten Hag is the only option that gels with what we all want as a fanbase long term in my opinion.

EtH

Our board doesn’t operate like that.

Caesar2290

From a financial standpoint of view, it doesn't make sense.

Ten Hag is under contract. There is a rumored 25 million release clause.

Sacking Conte isn't going to be cheap.

Also there is the severance package for Ole. Rumored around 12 million

I don't think the Glazers are generous enough to spend 50+ million on new managers within the year.

BlueHaze

Thoughts? This is based on the reports of what what Glazers want and Ten Hag's unwillingness to move mid-season. Biggest issue with this approach is that Conte will want a multi-year contract and to be handsomely paid so it could become quite expensive.

If Conte wins a trophy he can't be sacked of course but Ten Hag is the only option that gels with what we all want as a fanbase long term in my opinion.
We havn't heard a single rumour linking us to Ten Hag. Sadly as of now it seems the board doesn't even consider him. And make no mistake, there is absolutely no chance someone like Conte will come here accepting some sort of caretaker or short term deal. The man is literally notorious of leaving clubs because of his high demands.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Sack Ole. Rehire him as interim to end of the season. Then hire Ten Hag.

sport2793

It's not ideal but this club never does anything the right way. Do you really want Conte here for 3 years, it will be the same crap all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.