Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Won league MVP or in other words the best player in the league today! If Sporting sell him for less then 70M after what Felix went for it would be a joke.

With that being said I really hope he stays!!:D

minh_loc_xoay

If he comes in, Pogba is off. I can see us going for Bruno, Longstaff, Maguire and Ben Yedder and then sell Pogba and Lukaku after having spend on replacements
Pogba's agent Raiola has openly said that Pogba is looking to move on. I hope we get the other deal done quickly before we sell Pogba/Lukaku and getting rinsed by other selling clubs for their players.
Buy first, sell later. The players being soll sould also have less leverage in that case.

Bondi77

I have only seen youtube clips of the guy and he looks impressive but will he stand up in England, that is the question
I suppose if it is any kind of reference Neves has done really well in England and he is not a starter for the national side and Moutinio is decent though he has come late in his career so he is probably worth the punt as long as the price is right.

I agree with a lot of the posters in that I have seen nothing concrete that shows any link between us and the player and it could be purely that it is obvious we need to strengthen in that area and he has excelled at his club and all I have read is him commenting on City and Liverpool and that he would prefer to play in the system that Liverpool use.

Last edited by a moderator:

ash_86

Reddit crowd seems pretty convinced that we're signing him today. Would be great if that happens.

dasty

I have only seen youtube clips of the guy and he looks impressive but will he stand up in England, that is the question
I suppose if it is any kind of reference Neves has done really well in England and he is not a starter for the national side and Moutinio is decent though he has come late in his career so he is probably worth the punt as long as the price is right.

I agree with a lot of the posters in that I have seen nothing concrete that shows any link between us and the player and it could be purely that it is obvious we need to strengthen in that area and he has excelled at his club and all I have read is him commenting on City and Liverpool and that he would prefer to play in the system that Liverpool use.
Jimenez couldn't even buy a start at Benfica and yet he had 13 goals and 8 assists last season for Wolves, including 6 goals 3 assists vs top 6 sides. Portuguese league is at a good level and the step up isn't as massive as it seems.

Walters_19_MuFc

If he comes in, Pogba is off. I can see us going for Bruno, Longstaff, Maguire and Ben Yedder and then sell Pogba and Lukaku after having spend on replacements
Exactly this, although it worries me that we'd be going into next season with Matic as our only identified holding midfielder.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Also forgot to mention yesterday this is his second season in a row he won the league MVP award.

For those (few) who said he was a one season wonder this is the response to that. He has been the undisputed best player in the league for 2 season running.

Bestietom

Pogba is off anyway. Milenkovic Savic to take his place, and Fernandes to come in also.

mewnew11

It makes sense. The delay is from Bruno's side as he wants to attend the ceremony where he was named most valuable player and also must have got a good chance to say his goodbye's to his friends. He also got a good holiday in Dubai with family.

Now that all is taken care of, the signing will progress. He would be a superb addition to the team. Hard working player with intelligence and an attacking intent.

If not anything, the team would have an instant upgrade on set pieces from corners. No more matas slow looping balls or Rashfords Dip ball which can't beat the first man

Bestietom

We are off on tour tomorrow and only 2 signings. Kinda guessed that Woodward wouldn't get transfers over the line in time.

Eric's Seagull

We are off on tour tomorrow and only 2 signings. Kinda guessed that Woodward wouldn't get transfers over the line in time.
Thought the same thing myself when I heard Ole wanted all his transfers done by the time the tour started. Think Woody should have got them in now to give Ole time to get them used to his methods, to give him a better chance tio succeed but it looks like Woody has fecked him over.

I just hope that Woody gets a few signings in soon.

Eric's Seagull

It makes sense. The delay is from Bruno's side as he wants to attend the ceremony where he was named most valuable player and also must have got a good chance to say his goodbye's to his friends. He also got a good holiday in Dubai with family.

Now that all is taken care of, the signing will progress. He would be a superb addition to the team. Hard working player with intelligence and an attacking intent.

If not anything, the team would have an instant upgrade on set pieces from corners. No more matas slow looping balls or Rashfords Dip ball which can't beat the first man
Really hope that you are right on this :devil:

jasT1981

Twitter seem to think he landed in Manchester.

Learjet flight went out from Manchester, scheduled to Lisbon but went to Porto, picked someone up and returned to Manchester. Landed at 16:34

Same private company used for AWB apparently.

Note - ALL Twitter speculation at this point.

Chairman Steve

This would be fantastic from my point of view. I’d say the club has played the window very well if this happened.

Also I love how exciting this thread has got the past few hours :lol: I love live flight tracking

dasty

According to flight tracking muppets on reddit, a plane departed from Manchester, landed in Porto and have now returned back to Manchester. It was the same plane company that AWB arrived in and Bruno was confirmed to be in Porto last night after some Instagram stalking.

gulli_G

Twitter seem to think he landed in Manchester.

Learjet flight went out from Manchester, scheduled to Lisbon but went to Porto, picked someone up and returned to Manchester. Landed at 16:34

Same private company used for AWB apparently.

Note - ALL Twitter speculation at this point.
Check the ITK thread it was all going down there.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
One of my friends that works in banking confirmed that he opened an English bank account yesterday. Liverpool have no interest in him, Chelsea can't sign anyone, Arsenal can't afford him and I haven't see any good links to City/Spurs. I'd say he is very likely to be a United player. Probably a replacement for Pogba.

laughtersassassin

That a worse midfield than we had last season by far. If Pogba goes 3cms is the only acceptable option.

laughtersassassin

Everyone is saying this will happen if Pogbas off.

It makes no sense. Keeping Pogba we need 2 CMs. No question about it

If we lose Pogba and only bring I. Two our midfield is worse than last season.

Lose Pogba we have to get 3.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Reckon we'll actually use him properly?
Hopefully. I think his workrate is being under valued. It looks as though Ole wants more energy and intensity in our game, and having an attacking midfielder willing to run himself into the ground can only be a good thing.

dutchred

For our older readers. I haven't seen enough of Bruno. Is he similar to Rui Costa in his style of play?

ivaldo

For our older readers. I haven't seen enough of Bruno. Is he similar to Rui Costa in his style of play?
From the admittedly very limited time I've seen him play, yes in a sense. Though I'd say his dribbling ability isn't quite up there and he's a wee bit more selfish. Those with better knowledge of Bruno feel free to tell me I'm wrong!

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Hopefully. I think his workrate is being under valued. It looks as though Ole wants more energy and intensity in our game, and having an attacking midfielder willing to run himself into the ground can only be a good thing.
Sounds positive. A blend of creativity and dynamism would be a welcome change from the unsavoury mix of plodders and prima donnas we've become accustomed to these last few miserable years.

I really asked since I thought I read earlier in the thread he plays almost closer to a number ten position and I wasn't sure if we'd cater to that. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Now that would be nice. I still have my old Euro 2000 Portugal top with his name on the back.

dev1l

His movement reminds me a bit of Christian Erikssen, though defensively the Dane looks better

dutchred

His movement reminds me a bit of Christian Erikssen, though defensively the Dane looks better
Christian hardly ever defended when he was at Ajax so I have to assume that improved in his time with Spurs
Also if we are looking at a goal scoring midfielder I'm not concerned about his defensive ability. Work rate ( being a nuisance) is more important

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I hope that his work rate won't screw him over as it did at Samp. Because of it he was moved deeper in midfield were he became less efficient

The guy is a no 10. He should be played as a no 10

dove

From the admittedly very limited time I've seen him play, yes in a sense. Though I'd say his dribbling ability isn't quite up there and he's a wee bit more selfish. Those with better knowledge of Bruno feel free to tell me I'm wrong!
In terms of selfishness, in the scale of 1 to Rashford, how selfish is he?

ivaldo

In terms of selfishness, in the scale of 1 to Rashford, how selfish is he?
I’d say a 7. But again as a caveat I’ll say my knowledge of the player is limited. He seems to be a player that wants to force the issue and has complete confidence in his own abilities. He’ll take the occasional shot that’ll go sailing over the bar when there are better options available, bringing a collective groan from the fans, but he’s certainly no Jonjo Shelvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.