Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The S*n are saying that we've finalised an agreement with Sporting for him and it's now onto contract negotiations. I've got to be honest; I hope I'm wrong because I'm not overly excited about this. His stats are good from last season but after watching a video of his goals and assists all I can see is a bunch of poor defending which resulted him him scoring or assisting. Can any Caftards help alleviate my concerns?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The S*n are saying that we've finalised an agreement with Sporting for him and it's now onto contract negotiations. I've got to be honest; I hope I'm wrong because I'm not overly excited about this. His stats are good from last season but after watching a video of his goals and assists all I can see is a bunch of poor defending which resulted him him scoring or assisting. Can any Caftards help alleviate my concerns?
There are a few portugeezers on here that should help. They've been all over this thread mate.

pacifictheme

Second highest scorer and top 3 for assists. I dunno, could be great, could be a one season wonder.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think there's an element of that with some goals, but you can only beat what's in front of you. My favorite goal of his from those highlight videos is one where somebody pings it over the defence and he runs through, controls the ball in one touch from over his shoulder, and dinks it over the keeper before the ball even touches the ground. Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Bergkamp etc...they'd all have been proud of the goal. It was elite stuff.

But yeah, it's without doubt that he's got an amazing shot on him. No matter what level it's at, he'll be a goalscoring threat.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
But yeah, it's without doubt that he's got an amazing shot on him. No matter what level it's at, he'll be a goalscoring threat.
Yup, we need that threat from outside the box. He's shown he can hit the target from range. You don't lose that by playing in a different league.
Even if defenders are better over here, if he gets some space, he'll test keepers frequently.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's scored plenty against Benfica and Porto who are hardly a poor level, they both did well in Europe this year.

The rest of the league isn't great that's true, but if it was that easy surely every good player would be doing it?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ok thanks folks, good to know that I'm being a pessimistic twat and he's not a total disaster.

Also, he looks two footed which is a plus.

Bestietom

He has a good accurate shot on him, and can open up defences with his passes. He would be a good addition to us.

shayanr

Reports are saying we have agreed a deal with him, but are yet to finalised the fee with Sporting. I hope this is true and we can get him before pre-season starts.

I do worry though about a midfield of him and Pogba. Seems a little light, defensively. I hope we push hard enough for a solid DM. Whoever that plays behind them will be key to making this midfield work imo.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I do worry though about a midfield of him and Pogba. Seems a little light, defensively. I hope we push hard enough for a solid DM. Whoever that plays behind them will be key to making this midfield work imo.
We definitely need more creativity and goal threat from midfield, and Bruno certainly offers that, but I agree with you that a top quality DM is required to provide a platform for these two, and Matic just doesn't have the legs for it anymore.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
https://www.abola.pt/Nnh/Noticias/Ver/795697

In Portugal but quoting an italian article by La Gazzetta dello Sport they're saying that Manchester United has already reached and agreement with the player but hasn't yet reached a final agreement with Sporting. 60 million euros is now the fee mentioned, 10 million lower than last week's amount.

Bestietom

If true that he has agreed to come, then it's only the fee with sporting to be agreed. Ole want's this wrapped up this week.??

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Reports are saying we have agreed a deal with him, but are yet to finalised the fee with Sporting. I hope this is true and we can get him before pre-season starts.

I might be wrong but I think he works his arse off, so that will go some way to mitigate any perceived frailties that midfield would have.

UnitedObsession99

In Portugal but quoting an italian article by La Gazzetta dello Sport they're saying that Manchester United has already reached and agreement with the player but hasn't yet reached a final agreement with Sporting. 60 million euros is now the fee mentioned, 10 million lower than last week's amount.
If we screw this up its a disaster. Genuinely looks a world class rare talent. Full of energy, brilliant at free kicks, long range shots, great vision. I think he'll be a bargain at any price in the range mentioned.

There are very few players who have what he does.

Thiagoal

Yup, we need that threat from outside the box. He's shown he can hit the target from range. You don't lose that by playing in a different league.
Even if defenders are better over here, if he gets some space, he'll test keepers frequently.
Before we signed Pogba I used to watch the amazing YouTube videos of him smashing them in from 30 plus yards... then he turned up at Old Trafford and barring a couple of exceptions his long range shots have been very ordinary... hope this guy's different

Suv666

Reported by Nicolo Schiera :(
He's not reliable at all

Bestietom

Don't think that is his buyout clause, I believe he has some weird clause whereby if they get a bid of 31 million and turn it down they have to pay Bruno 5 million. Strangest clause I have ever heard of but that is what was reported.
So they will have to pay him 5 million then.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think this one might just be all rumour with little behind it. No decent sources are strongly linking us at this point. I dunno. Seems an odd one.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It was on sky's transfer centre this morning.
That would be their round up then. They aren't running with it, they're simply collating all reports, irrespective of their validity, into one place. Much like BBCs gossip section.

Nialinho

This isn't happening, really don't get why so many on here seem to think it's on and we've had bids rejected?! Only the crappiest of media outlets are saying he's agreed a deal..

Status
Not open for further replies.