Bruno is underrated thread

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Crazy to think there’s a decent chunk of this fanbase who don’t even rate Bruno.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Deserves a better team. It's a shame he's wasted his prime years with us tbh.

El Jefe

Sofascore's highest rated player for 2023.

If Bruno comes out as the highest rated player they were better off keeping this in the drafts. He's barely been a top 20 player in the league this year.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If Bruno comes out as the highest rated player they were better off keeping this in the drafts. He's barely been a top 20 player in the league this year.
This is why some stats that constitute these ratings are dogshit.

Chumpsbechumps

Crazy to think there’s a decent chunk of this fanbase who don’t even rate Bruno.

Twitter-verse level insight would have us believe Bruno is a disgrace, he whinges about things and shows frustrations. This trumps all else

I remember when Keane would show his frustrations on his own team mates , let alone rival players, it wasn’t less frustration then Bruno shows..

SmashedHombre

Oh do feck off with that shit. He's part of the team as well you know.
What's your point? He's been carrying us for ages. I'd have gone postal if I'd had to work with coworkers as incompetent as Bruno's over the years

Wilt

Would swap Bruno for Maddison in a heartbeat.

Class, consistent and no hissyfits.

gajender

What's your point? He's been carrying us for ages. I'd have gone postal if I'd had to work with coworkers as incompetent as Bruno's over the years
You are absolutely right He's been carrying us for ages no wonder we aren't getting anywhere .

SmashedHombre

You are absolutely right He's been carrying us for ages no wonder we aren't getting anywhere .
RIght. Clearly we'd be performing much better if Bruno wasn't in the team. Stick McTom in there instead, Bruno isn't good enough.

Gopher Brown

My point is, with your attitude, we would never sign another player, let alone any players who would improve the team.

Wilt

And also missed more games through injuries in the past 2 hours than Bruno has his entire life.
Maddison still the better player and doesn’t go missing when needed

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Turns out that the more you spam Hollywood balls the more theses ridiculous sites recognise you. Roy Keane would not have featured, neither would Scholes. 66% pass completion but the best creative player in the league…our goal diff is -5 and only Sheffield United have scored less. But of course that’s not Bruno’s fault. He created six wonderful chances against Bournemouth that were so good nobody saw them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Turns out that the more you spam Hollywood balls the more theses ridiculous sites recognise you. Roy Keane would not have featured, neither would Scholes. 66% pass completion but the best creative player in the league…our goal diff is -5 and only Sheffield United have scored less. But of course that’s not Bruno’s fault. He created six wonderful chances against Bournemouth that were so good nobody saw them.
Exactly :lol:

gajender

RIght. Clearly we'd be performing much better if Bruno wasn't in the team. Stick McTom in there instead, Bruno isn't good enough.
Just because United isn't a Top team anymore doesn't mean Bruno is too good for Us infact him being one of United's better player is indicative of the fact where we are as a Club at the moment , I highly doubt any Club competing for highest honours would have him as integral player but we do go figure .

Just because we have other players who should have no business being at the Club of United's stature doesnt mean Bruno is beyond Reproach either .

JimiboyX

He quite literally goes missing for months every season.

I agree Maddison is the more convincing player currently, but you do have to factor in the chance of semi-regular injuries when assessing how much of an asset a player is.

Bruno has perhaps had the opposite problem. I'm still convinced that part of the reason for his drop-off in recent times is playing 90 minutes twice a week all year, then only getting a 10 minute break between whatever international tournament and trekking to the US for pre-season.

Wilt

He quite literally goes missing for months every season.

I agree Maddison is the more convincing player currently, but you do have to factor in the chance of semi-regular injuries when assessing how much of an asset a player is.

Bruno has perhaps had the opposite problem. I'm still convinced that part of the reason for his drop-off in recent times is playing 90 minutes twice a week all year, then only getting a 10 minute break between whatever international tournament and trekking to the US for pre-season.
There’s absolutely no doubt Bruno is very talented but consistency, body language and all the moaning let him down badly. He’s not captain material.

He’s a professional athlete and should be able to manage the game time, many others do.

eire-red

The Bruno debate kind of reminds me of Coutinho at Liverpool. There's no doubting he's a mercurial talent, but the game has moved in recent times so that players like Bruno are less valuable.

mav_9me

Except when he is injured. Kidding. I rate Maddison a lot. I have no issues with Bruno though. Slightly different but both are quality

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Covers more ground than anyone, creates more chances than anyone, twitter will tell you he's crap. C'est la vie.

Hammondo

When was the last time that United sold a player that they didn’t want to sell? Cristiano?
When was the last time a big team wanted a player from us? When was the last bid?

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
We'd be much worse off without him, regardless of how frustrating he can be at times.

Martial

Same posters bashing him were raving and certain Van de Beek would replace him any day now...

Still makes me laugh.

Shows the extent of their knowledge.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Same posters bashing him were raving and certain Van de Beek would replace him any day now...

Still makes me laugh.

Shows the extent of their knowledge.
There are only 2 things needed to take Bruno's spot:

1. Have a higher pass accuracy. They can all be backwards or sideways, it doesn't matter.

2. Don't, under any circumstances, look visibly frustrated. That includes raising your arms obviously.

arnie_ni

Can he both be under rated and also a player (more so his style) we need to move on from to improve as a team? Because I think he's class but his style of play causes us alot of problems at the same time.

goalscholes

Bruno at his best can do passes that only KDB can do. His work rate is excellent, as is his fitness (an underrated quality in today’s game).

But he’s incredibly frustrating. He gives the ball away stupidly. He disappears at times. He’s very inconsistent. He’s petulant too.

Players like KDB, Maddison and Odegaard grab the game by the scruff of the neck, put consistent pressure on the opposition and drive their team on. Bruno relies on deft touches and 4 failed passes for every quality one. His shooting has also gone significantly downhill despite taking every shot on and therefore he squanders more chances than he creates.

In short, Bruno is a worse player than the others and relies on a quality midfield to enable him. Give him a Rice and a Rodri behind him through and he’d probably be the most effective creative player in the league.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Can he both be under rated and also a player (more so his style) we need to move on from to improve as a team? Because I think he's class but his style of play causes us alot of problems at the same time.
This 100%

Bruno needs to be strategic part of the style of football manager plays. If we play the style in which he fits - he can be our most valuable player, if not - he needs to go.

Right now we have no style to speak of and our manager makes idiotic team selections (like playing McT in midfield) that further emphasize Bruno's weak points so it isn't working. Doesn't mean he wouldn't work under the right manager and right style so I want to know what style we are building for and who is our long-term manager before saying if he should stay or go

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Bruno is our best player. Problem is, he knows that and sometimes tries to do too much, and that makes him one of our worst players. Let me explain. I used to play with a guy who was our best player, and he knew it. So he'd try and do too much, and when he did that, he became our worst player because he was all over the place, held the ball too long, and often got caught either out of position or caught in possession. He then left our team to play with guys who he saw as his equal or better and he became a really good player again. In my eyes, Bruno tends to do the same. How many times do we see our wingers or fullbacks in great positions to cross, but instead they pass it to Bruno so he can cross it instead. Bruno, you're a #10. Why are you out wide doing the wingers/fullbacks job? Be in and around the 18. He is trying to do too much and in turn, he's hurting the team. If he stays in his position and puts more trust in his teammates, he will once again show that he is in fact our best player...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Ouch :lol:

Jeepers, jeppers :lol: