Bruno thinks 307 year old Michael Carrick is a better midfielder than Fred

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It’s not only because we revere ex United players. But standards have dropped so so much at United that putting in a first teamer from yesteryear’s would dramatically elevate the team. They were less than the best in a world beating side. Some of the current players are average in an average team.

So yes, Carrick, Fletcher, O Shea, Neville, Butt, Nani, Berg, would walk into this team and be a level higher let alone the true top level players like Scholes or Rooney
Agree with your point, not so sure about your list.

youngrell

This is from an interview he did more than a year ago.

EDIT But it seems to have resurfaced now for some reason.
For the simple reason it's United-bashing season and even its own fans will jump on any bandwagon without looking into the facts, as evidenced by this thread.

DeepSpace

Supports
ATL
My only problem with Fred is he isn't smart enough to know when to intentionally foul a player to stop a break.
I'd like to provide a different opinion. The one player you actually don't want on a yellow card is your defensive midfielder. So I'd say he's smart enough not to get booked, especially if it's early on in a game. Are our forwards smart enough to intentionally foul players to stop a break?