Budget deals this summer

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I actually agree with this. Nico is a great personality and professional. If you can sell on Telles you could probably get £15m for him? Then you could land Nico for €4m, you would have raised some cash and have a good player to compete with Shaw for the leftback position. Seems like quite a sensible move. The question is probably if you are able to move Telles since obviously teams that might be interested might not be able/willing to afford the wages that hes currently on.
Yup. Even if Shaw regains his form, and nails the LB spot, and Nico is surplus, you could easily recoup the €4m + some profit by selling him in 1-2 years time.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Yup. Even if Shaw regains his form, and nails the LB spot, and Nico is surplus, you could easily recoup the €4m + some profit by selling him in 1-2 years time.
Even if you don't, you dont need to make a profit on every player. If he can be in your squad for 3/4 years and be a decent squad player it's also fine for a player that you can get for €4m if he leaves on a free after that.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Like De Jong?
De Jong has not been 'poor' in any of his 3 seasons.
He has been average to decent and has played mostly as a right sided box-to-box instead of a left sided deep-lying playmaker where he is most comfortable.
Lenglet has been played in the position he is most comfortable in - LCB - and has still underperformed massively.

Avero

I would take Jonny Evans as a squad player on a two year contract if both Bailly and Jones leave

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
Fabian Ruiz is an interesting option if the 25 million price is accurate.

NoPace

Fabian Ruiz is an interesting option if the 25 million price is accurate.
Soler as well has a 42M pound release clause so maybe gettable for 30 or so. Probably both backup options to Eriksen on a free, but promising ones.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Charles de Ketelaere linked to Leeds for a measly 26m.

croadyman

Like I said earlier we would be in the race for Dembele IF champions league football had been secured

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Doesnt have the individual strengths of Raphinha but reminds me of a quicker version of the one season Michu wonder.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Doesnt have the individual strengths of Raphinha but reminds me of a quicker version of the one season Michu wonder.
Completely different player to Raphinha, as he'll eventually play centrally as he mostly did last season. Michu comparison more apt, but Ketelaere is 21. More mobile, more technical, similarly difficult to define perhaps. Hard to compare them also for the reason Michu wasn't playing in a top league until he was 25, at which point he did pretty well for one season in La Liga, was sold to Swansea and had an outstanding season, after which he ceased to be a top player. Curious case.

Anyhow, 30m euros. I predict he'll be sold for 50-60m within two years.

Lee565

Considering ten hag's preference of players that have either played under him or played in the Dutch league and our need for 1 or 2 attacking players and ajax slapping a silly price on Anthony, why not go for the far, far cheaper ajax attacker in tadic, I know he didn't have the greatest spell in the premier league previously but I would feel confident he could do really well as temporary cheap solution at united because he has done so well over the years in ten hag's set up on the wings and as a false 9 and constantly delivered not only in the Dutch league for but also in the champions league.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is one that would actually infuriate me. He would be perfect for us.
That's what I think too. ETH would of course be highly aware of him. One can hope we're waiting for other clubs to set a fee before we can swoop in.

rbnZz

It kinda dissapoints me that Ten Hag is only focussing on players who he worked with but he doesn't look around. De Ketelaere would be perfect for us but I also really like Diaby from Leverkussen. Won't be cheap but neither is Antony. Why not reaching out to Gnabry? Bowen also played very good last season and has the right age. Dybala doesn't have a club at the moment. Asensio probably leaves Real Madrid, has 1 year left. Ten Hag likes players who are comfortable on the ball. Like Asensio.

fps

It kinda dissapoints me that Ten Hag is only focussing on players who he worked with but he doesn't look around. De Ketelaere would be perfect for us but I also really like Diaby from Leverkussen. Won't be cheap but neither is Antony. Why not reaching out to Gnabry? Bowen also played very good last season and has the right age. Dybala doesn't have a club at the moment. Asensio probably leaves Real Madrid, has 1 year left. Ten Hag likes players who are comfortable on the ball. Like Asensio.
Given everything he must have heard about the Man Utd dressing room, it does make sense to me that he puts weight of numbers in there of players whose attitudes he trusts, and who he knows. Then in a year's time they'll still at least (in his mind) be loyal, dedicated squad members and therefore the basis of a culture.

Man Utd's culture at the minute seems all over the place, so I get it.

EtH

CDK the only one I’m remotely bothered about as I think he’ll be a star. Gnabry would be costly and has injury issues. Much rather have Antony than Diaby, especially if EtH prefers him. The rest you mention are either too expensive or too shit or a combination of both. We just need to trust in EtH and the club right now.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Not really the same positions, but Diaby we know will cost a lot, Dybala would be a mercenary signing and he doesn't have the pace for the wing so we'd have two non-pacey players on the wings (with Sancho). Asensio is a party boy. Gnabry though would be quite interesting (definitely would require high wages). I can't see the club going for Antony if it's anywhere close to the rumoured price.

Gurtej

Not really the same positions, but Diaby we know will cost a lot, Dybala would be a mercenary signing and he doesn't have the pace for the wing so we'd have two non-pacey players on the wings (with Sancho). Asensio is a party boy. Gnabry though would be quite interesting (definitely would require high wages). I can't see the club going for Antony if it's anywhere close to the rumoured price.
Apparently Gnabry wants 18-20m euros a year to sign for BM. He is a very good player but those wages are atrocious. He apparently rejected 15m euros offer!!

gica_7

I have not followed him since 2017 summer but it looks like Belotti is out of contract. Would not he be a temporary option just like Cavani was? Especially when we do not have that much of options on strikers.

croadyman

Given everything he must have heard about the Man Utd dressing room, it does make sense to me that he puts weight of numbers in there of players whose attitudes he trusts, and who he knows. Then in a year's time they'll still at least (in his mind) be loyal, dedicated squad members and therefore the basis of a culture.

Man Utd's culture at the minute seems all over the place, so I get it.
Yeah not worried about him doing that because believe he needs players who already buy into him helping the existing squad members to do it too

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Apparently Gnabry wants 18-20m euros a year to sign for BM. He is a very good player but those wages are atrocious. He apparently rejected 15m euros offer!!
Yeah, that's steep.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Axel Witzel seems to be going to Atletico on a free, not watched him much lately, would this be worth a look? With such a cool name he must be good.

fps

Axel Witzel seems to be going to Atletico on a free, not watched him much lately, would this be worth a look? With such a cool name he must be good.
I've always thought of him as a bit of a Vidal, in the sense that he's an "all-action" midfielder who's a bit older now so can't be quite as all-action.