Bukayo Saka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea-Cow

Hes not even a RW
I listen to the Arsecast because its brilliant and James is hilarious, and they both seem to think RW is his best position. But he is an overall brilliant footballer and I imagine he would be good at any position on the park apart from CB.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Can we have a vote for Sako vs Sancho for RW?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I listen to the Arsecast because its brilliant and James is hilarious, and they both seem to think RW is his best position. But he is an overall brilliant footballer and I imagine he would be good at any position on the park apart from CB.
I thought Andrew was the funny one? Regardless Saka would be a great signing for pretty much anyone. Got all the skills to rip it up in a lot of positions.

Hard to think of many top teams who wouldn’t want that mix of quality/versatility.

red thru&thru

Has there been any actual credible evidence to suggest that a transfer for him is even possible? I've seen nothing to say Arsenal are looking to sell to raise funds.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Has there been any actual credible evidence to suggest that a transfer for him is even possible? I've seen nothing to say Arsenal are looking to sell to raise funds.
I think there’s credible evidence that Arsenal are skint and people are extrapolating. Saka has had a few links from mediocre sources for a year.

Bwuk

I like Saka but Arsenal would be wanting a ridiculous fee for him which he isn't worth.

Patchbeard

I watch almost every Arsenal game due to my missus supporting them :nervous:

Don't think he's quite as good as is made out. Still very raw decision making and end product at times. He would maybe be our best option at RW if he came in (which is very very unlikely), but Sancho would be considerably better, and I'm not sure which of Diallo or Saka will be the better player in the long run yet.

I think his versatility is almost making him overrated at this moment in time. He looked pretty good at LB/LWB last season, although he was so on the front foot that it was difficult to know what his defensive abilities are like. And he has also played LCM in a midfield 3 a few times this season, as well as LW quite a lot.

We don't really need that versatility, so for the amount of money he would cost we would be much better off getting a more proven RW.

red thru&thru

I think there’s credible evidence that Arsenal are skint and people are extrapolating. Saka has had a few links from mediocre sources for a year.
Yeah I saw there were some links before he signed his new contract. After he signed that, this ship sailed with it...or I thought so.

TheReligion

Abusive
No idea why he renewed with Arsenal recently. From our point of view that was the time to get him. Can't see any genuine interest here sadly as I like him.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I watch almost every Arsenal game due to my missus supporting them :nervous:

Don't think he's quite as good as is made out. Still very raw decision making and end product at times. He would maybe be our best option at RW if he came in (which is very very unlikely), but Sancho would be considerably better, and I'm not sure which of Diallo or Saka will be the better player in the long run yet.

I think his versatility is almost making him overrated at this moment in time. He looked pretty good at LB/LWB last season, although he was so on the front foot that it was difficult to know what his defensive abilities are like. And he has also played LCM in a midfield 3 a few times this season, as well as LW quite a lot.

We don't really need that versatility, so for the amount of money he would cost we would be much better off getting a more proven RW.
Yeah same here and his finishing is below par too. We don´t need another player who can be good in interplay but can´t score most often than not in big chances. He´s still yougn but Sancho was on another level wskillwise at the same age and now we need a ready player not another younsgter to compete with Amad, Pellistri, Greenwood..

Dve

He plays both wings and even wing back, it's not sustainable to give Rashford 50 games a season. He needs rest and some healthy competition.
Yes, if he is ready to give Rashford competition, is he? We already have Martial and James as competition, and both Diallo and Pellestri can play at the left (Pellistri is even right footed). Does not look like a urgent need.

Dve

Hes not even a RW
According to Transfermarkt, that is indeed his main position, although he has also been utilised in other position. RW is also where he has played most of his games.

Sea-Cow

I thought Andrew was the funny one? Regardless Saka would be a great signing for pretty much anyone. Got all the skills to rip it up in a lot of positions.

Hard to think of many top teams who wouldn’t want that mix of quality/versatility.
Blogs is great and his blog has been outstanding for years and years, but James is so strange I find everything he does/says hilarious.

His name is James McNicholas and his videos are so insane. His vacation video with his wife is a classic.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I think he'll be a very good centre mid and a decent left back. Don't think he scores enough to be a top RW in the long run, although I agree it's probably his best position at the moment.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
Won’t be this summer but certainly only a matter of time before he upsticks and leaves, my money would be on him going to City if he keeps up this trajectory,

Arse are a selling club these days, there best players move on to their rivals and their rivals sell them their duds because they’re the only club daft enough to reward declining players with extended contracts.

whitbyviking

If Anthony was the thick end of £90m, and Caceido £115m what does this value Saka at? I think he's priced himself out of any transfer. Strange to think we were linked with him a few seasons ago for relatively small money.

He's definitely exploded since then.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
If Anthony was the thick end of £90m, and Caceido £115m what does this value Saka at? I think he's priced himself out of any transfer. Strange to think we were linked with him a few seasons ago for relatively small money.

He's definitely exploded since then.
The link with him was always idiotic. We were never ever going to sign him. Anyone could see he was going to be a superstar.

Chief123

Bale vibes.

Started as left back to become a world beating right winger.

Erik the Red

Recently signed a new contract until 2027. This thread can be locked until 2026....

Status
Not open for further replies.