Bundesliga Gameweek 29 (COVID-19 discussion-free zone) | Featuring Bayern v Fortuna Dusseldorf today at 17:30 UTC+1

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Hertha looking good again this week, only against Augsburg but still. Leading 1-0 after a nice goal from ex-City youth prospect Dilrosun.

Wolfsburg have been banging on the door against Frankfurt but they trail 1-0 to an Andre Silva penalty.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There looks to be life in Bremen too. The break, and how I was handled by different teams, could decide so many things.

It’s really interesting, and you can never say with certainty that teams form would not have changed either, but it is definitely something else to question the credibility of it all.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Somehow the extend of Schalke's annual implosion keeps surprising me every time.. This year it's a piece of art again..

Berbaclass

Somehow the extend of Schalke's annual Implosion keeps surprising me every time.. This year it's a piece of art again..
I watched them on Wednesday night and they we're truly awful. Don't ask me why I decided to watch Fortune v Schalke but it was a dull affair :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I watched them on Wednesday night and they we're truly awful. Don't ask me why I decided to watch Fortune v Schalke but it was a dull affair :lol:
I'm watching their game vs Bremen right now as well. The extent of their meltdown just leaves you awestruck, it's like the scene of a traffic accident, you can't really look away. If the fans were allowed in, with their frustration boiling over, it would be even more impressive. They would force Wagner to be sacked immediately for sure.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Schalke are useless. Meanwhile Bremen now gone 3 games without conceding so looking like another great escape.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Brilliant work from Kimmich, Müller and Lewandowski.

Woodenlung

Alphonso Davies has the defensive game of AWB but with a vastly superior attacking side. He's incredible.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Alphonso Davies has the defensive game of AWB but with a vastly superior attacking side. He's incredible.
Image how good he will be when he learns how not to be out of position. :drool:

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Image how good he will be when he learns how not to be out of position. :drool:
Bayern started the season with prominent LB names, auch as Alaba and Hernandez. And ended up with a 19 year old canadian. Alaba plays CB now and Hernandez is benched.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Not sure how many people care, but here it goes:

The 2nd division is shaping up for a quite tense run in:

At the top end Bielefeld (used to play BL in the 00s, then fell down hard into the 3rd tier twice) seem all but certainly promoted, which leaves Stuttgart and Hamburg, who - even a tier below - probably have the revenue of an upper mid table BuLi club and were favourites for promotion by a mile, in a tight spot. Neither has been particularly consistent recently, most games I've seen they are usually better, but could easily drop something if just a bit unlucky. Which leaves the rather provincial Heidenheim within striking distance of either.

Meanwhile at the bottom the relegation battle is a completely unpredictable mess as Dresden have THREE games in hand thanks to their two week Covid-19 quarantine. Between them, KSC, Nürnberg and St. Pauli (the latter two being the two who would fall the hardest) there are also quite a few prominent names endangered.

Oh and Gladbach vs U. Berlin has kicked off 5 minutes ago!

edit:

Gladbach up 1:0 after 17 minutes.Weird goal, felt like half the players on the pitch were just standing still while Neuhaus made some run that was half dribble, half clumsy muscling through the defense.

Last edited:

Brightonian

Paderborn 1-6 Dortmund.

Tale of two halves. Paderborn defended well and Dortmund were pretty apathetic in the first half, ended 0-0. Dortmund picked it up in the second half, aided by Paderborn utterly capitulating. By the end it was men against training dummies.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Did I hear it right, near the end, they said Morey got two assists?
He was only on for 5 mins or so.
edit; never mind. I just found the summary and they said witsel and Reyna has the last two assists.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Meanwhile at the bottom the relegation battle is a completely unpredictable mess as Dresden have THREE games in hand thanks to their two week Covid-19 quarantine. Between them, KSC, Nürnberg and St. Pauli (the latter two being the two who would fall the hardest) there are also quite a few prominent names endangered.
Der Glubb is a Debb.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC

So we may end up with an epic relegation clash between Hamburg and Bremen and nobody will be around to see it. :|

That would have been an amazing matchup with full stadiums.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
No, he doesn't have the defensive qualities of Wan-Bissaka but he is a more complete player. He is a souped-up version of Reece James which is very, very, very good.
He plays on the left as well.

Bobski

The penalty in the Dortmund game :lol:
Just saw it, don't think the defender could have done anything more to keep his arms out of the way, blasted at him from a few feet away, the arm hit tucked into his torso, head instinctively turning away from the impact, interpretation of handball is very strange these days, with or without VAR.

Lee565

I have to say I have already gotten use to no crowds during these Bundesliga matches and I take some comfort that it seems like normal service has picked straight back up in Bundesliga with teams you expect to win are doing so and we ain't seeing a load of unpredictable results

Berbaclass

Just saw it, don't think the defender could have done anything more to keep his arms out of the way, blasted at him from a few feet away, the arm hit tucked into his torso, head instinctively turning away from the impact, interpretation of handball is very strange these days, with or without VAR.
It was ludicrous. Even more ludicrous when you consider the Boateng one in the Bayern v Dortmund game which was a penalty but not given/reviewed.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
clean:

penalty:

Paderborn 1-6 Dortmund.

Tale of two halves. Paderborn defended well and Dortmund were pretty apathetic in the first half, ended 0-0. Dortmund picked it up in the second half, aided by Paderborn utterly capitulating. By the end it was men against training dummies.
Games often go like this. Lesser teams front loading their energy investment, then running out of steam later on, if the favourite manages to play through their period of pressure.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I have to say I have already gotten use to no crowds during these Bundesliga matches and I take some comfort that it seems like normal service has picked straight back up in Bundesliga with teams you expect to win are doing so and we ain't seeing a load of unpredictable results
I think it is because unpredictable results are often the underdog winning at home against a heavy favorite. With no crowds pushing them on the favorite just wins more often.