Sat, 23 September 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Need a big performance here. I’d give Martial a shot at LW and drop Rashford that way it keeps him fresh and gives him a kick up the ass. Martial looked the best we’ve seen him for a while off the bench against Bayern. Let him do his thing out wide as it’s clear he’s another one that isn’t a number 9.

Real Name

Need a big performance here. I’d give Martial a shot at LW and drop Rashford that way it keeps him fresh and gives him a kick up the ass. Martial looked the best we’ve seen him for a while off the bench against Bayern. Let him do his thing out wide as it’s clear he’s another one that isn’t a number 9.
    Yup, pretty good cameo from Martial last night, he springed us to life a bit when he came in.

Lee565

I'm getting ole in his last season vibes again where I just can't see us winning in every match we go into now

Redstain

Can't see anything other than a win. The fact it will help the feel around the club shows how low the bar is but the team needs to win a string of games to build confidence.

Cloud7

If we can’t beat a newly promoted Burnley then we might as well pack it in because who can we really beat then?

RonaldoVII

Would hope Varane and Mount are back for this given they were in team training on Tuesday, although we can't be risking them too soon with muscle injuries.

RedIan

Amrabat is training on his own and not yet with the first team according to MEN update, he wont play imo.

CM

I'd start Martial, Hojlund and Rashford for this one. We desperately need to start scoring some goals and really pump a team.

Hughes35

Hopefully Varane is back for this.

What I'd like:

---------------------------------------Onana---------------------------------------
    Dalot---------------------Varane----------Martinez-----------------Reguilon
    --------------------------Casemiro-----------Hannibal----------------------
    Pellistri------------------------------Bruno------------------------------Rashford
    -----------------------------------------Hojlund------------------------------

I imagine Lindelof and Eriksen will start though.

Actually wouldn't mind the above but with Garnacho starting instead of Rashford. Feel like he needs a kick up the arse about his workrate.

It will be a slog at the weekend. No confidence in this team at all.

astracrazy

I feel if we can start like we did against Brighton and Bayern but actually get a goal then I think we will be fine - in fact a solid win. We have yet to see this team grow in confidence during a game, only the opposite.

Hopefully it will get the ball rolling.

Romez

Wouldn't be surprised if we lose this.

Late night game, crowd will be up for it and Burnley will probably start off by pressing the shit out of us.

Litch

Burnley will be up for this one, the fans absolutely hate Utd....

Havak

Pokemon master
    This run of games now will be huge. Must get the away day blues resolved here and throw some wins together with 6/7 games at home after this.

James35

Since our joyous Wembley win we have lost 10 and drawn 4 of 28 competitive games.

We have kind of fallen off a cliff since then and this season is looking awful so far. We really need some players back and to start putting away chances as we will always concede them.

Conceding 39 goals and scoring only 40 in that time also tells its own story.

If we lose this we really are in big trouble as the pressure will be the highest it has been since EtH arrival and I don’t trust these players to handle it very well. Rinse and repeat part whatever is on the horizon unless we improve drastically.

philippexyz

Very important game between two sides who are similar in quality, form, goal difference and league position. Probably a draw should be expected, taking all of this into account. But Burnley are in more of danger in terms of a relegation battle and they're the home team, so they must feel slightly more pressure than Man United.

I'm only partially joking.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
    In some ways this is more important than the Bayern game. Bayern were always going to be favourites against us and losing away to them doesn't really do much damage to our CL prospects, with easier games to come. But Burnley are a team we should be beating in a competition where we badly need to get more points on the board. If we don't win here then things get a lot more negative....

joedirt87

Interested to see if he flip flops again on his formation after Bayern. I don't think Pellistri was any worse than most of team yesterday. Maybe Varane and Mount are available for selection since they were training with the team, that will be a boost.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
    If we play 4231 again with Casemiro and Eriksen as the 2 in midfield then I'll drive him back to Ajax myself.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
    I also hope to see the likes of Gore on the bench instead of McTominay.

saik

Haggy's first real test? If we lose this the pressure will be ginormous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Jonny Evans image Jonny Evans 48% of 313 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions