Sat, 23 September 2023 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
    We will come out of our shell and batter these Championship Citeh boys of Kompany's. Burnley will bring energy and not much quality of play, and I fully expect us to batter them because we have a Cfwd now :devil:

Artimities

This game is the true start to our season. If we are going to do anything this year it has to start now and build off of the positives from the CL game.
    Loving our new striker... kid has passion!
    Injuries should hopefully start to clear themselves so we can see our true 11 play.

Drizzle

Can see us conceding a soft early goal, inbred crowd gets hyped up, players heads go, lose 3-1.

Yet another team whose season gets back on track courtesy of MUFC.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
    Can see us conceding a soft early goal, inbred crowd gets hyped up, players heads go, lose 3-1.

Yet another team whose season gets back on track courtesy of MUFC.
    Just came to post that we would be gangbusters until the 12th. minute when we give up a goal completely against the run of play. Then it's anybody's guess.

Gordon S

I would love it if he had the balls to swap our semi retired midfield and try some younger legs there.
    Hannibal and Gore are inexperienced and have lots of things to work on, but would like to see us look forward and try something new instead.
    We lose every other game with the old guard regardless so, we certainly wont lose much trying.

The White Pele

Things could get ugly very quickly if we can’t pick up 3 points here. If we don’t concede an early goal and play with some controlled attacking intent then we should hopefully win comfortably.

Drizzle

I would love it if he had the balls to swap our semi retired midfield and try some younger legs there.
    Hannibal and Gore are inexperienced and have lots of things to work on, but would like to see us look forward and try something new instead.
    We lose every other game with the old guard regardless so, we certainly wont lose much trying.
    Hoping Mount will get a start, with Amrabat on the bench. Hannibal isn't ready to start games like this.

Stadjer

We have too many players who have good cameos off the bench, but are crap when they start.
    Luckily we also have some consitent players like McT. Starting or coming off the bench, he will be crap.

Hopefully he will sit on the bench for 90 minutes against Burnley. Rather give his minutes to Hannibal.

bstb3

I just have this horrible feeling we will concede early and make it doubly tough. We'll probably still win, but where we really need a clean sheet something stupid will happen and it will go in off Dalots left nut or something, most likely involving a dodgy VAR call.

Gordon S

Hoping Mount will get a start, with Amrabat on the bench. Hannibal isn't ready to start games like this.
    I really think it is time to give the youngsters a chance. These kids need games to develop. They wont just turn ready one day after 2 years of training and watching the first team lose game after game

Offsideagain

This is how it will go on Saturday night. Crowd had all day in the pub. Burnley fans will be singing abuse and their players will be well up for it thanks to ex-City man Kompany. They will press high and hard and defend with 10 back. They might even score in the first half. Second half, the fans will be knackered as will their players and United will introduce Garnacho and Hannibal to run them ragged and ,hopefully, created a hatfull of chances for Hojlund. If we get beat, turn your phone off.

Greyfog

Supports
    Enugu Rangers
    Burnley will get battered. They like to play out from the back. Plenty turnovers to feast on.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    I just have this horrible feeling we will concede early and make it doubly tough. We'll probably still win, but where we really need a clean sheet something stupid will happen and it will go in off Dalots left nut or something, most likely involving a dodgy VAR call.
    Ye we are desperate for a clean sheet. That will give the defence confidence but teams will be watching us and if they’re seeing the mistakes Onana is making then they’re just gonna shoot and hope he makes more.

FriedClams

This will be the only game the whole season the burnley players are 100% up for. Id wager a fair amount that their team covers the most distance, performs the most sprints and presses harder than any other game they have this season. And they'll win, simply because they want it more.

red_de_pologne

I really think it is time to give the youngsters a chance. These kids need games to develop. They wont just turn ready one day after 2 years of training and watching the first team lose game after game
    throwing youngsters in the deep end, when we're under immense pressure isn't by any means how to 'develop' youth, what a ridiculous comment.

Smores

throwing youngsters in the deep end, when we're under immense pressure isn't by any means how to 'develop' youth, what a ridiculous comment.
    It's how most of our successful players do end up making it. I'd argue the opposite that it's those who've had carefully managed minutes that end up disappearing. Lack of minutes damages potential its as simple as that.

You've either got the mentality to play for United or you don't it's not a gradual build up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    We really need to batter this lot, for every reason.

But mostly because I know an obnoxious Burnley fan who is always gloating on facebook about everything that goes against us.

RuudTom83

Would be a shock to see the players angry and fight for 90 mins.

But we live in hope.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    We'll see how accurate this guy is or if it was just the Wan bissaka thing he got early

Parma Dewol

Burnley (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Brentford (H)
    Sheffield United (A)
    Man City (H)

What I'd give for a five-game winning streak. The league season has to start somewhere, please let this be it. :nervous:

saik

Burnley will get battered. They like to play out from the back. Plenty turnovers to feast on.
    I agree with this. They are playing like they are still in Championship and going all out attack. In a way I like that they are trying to be fearless and attacking but it should play right into our hands.

Hopefully this time around we take that early chance that falls our way. Brighton and Bayern could have been so much different if we put away the early chances we had.

Oranges038

One of them games where you can see Burnley nabbing a 1-0 win thanks to some shitebag like Zaroury who almost never scores and will never be seen again.

But that's not going to happen.

Gonna batter this lot 4-0.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
    Can't imagine Amrabat starts even if he makes the squad, has he even had a pre-season?

poleglass red

I'm kind of the mindset, start Amrabat, give him 60 mins or so then sub him. Even if he's only 70% fit his mobility alone is better than a Casemiro and Eriksen as a mid 2.In saying that I don't expect ETH will start him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Jonny Evans image Jonny Evans 48% of 313 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions