Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Anybody seen much of Burnley and know what to expect? I know they've just picked up their first point to Forest so their tails will be up. To me this looks like our easiest of the 4 easier games coming up, so expecting a convincing win even with our issues.

JuriM

Anybody seen much of Burnley and know what to expect? I know they've just picked up their first point to Forest so their tails will be up. To me this looks like our easiest of the 4 easier games coming up, so expecting a convincing win even with our issues.
    Very very young team, that tries to play out of back "Manchester City" style, but obviously less experienced to do it, but they are slowly growing into the league now. A lot of very promising players, but they still have a long road ahead of them.

bstb3

I'm kind of the mindset, start Amrabat, give him 60 mins or so then sub him. Even if he's only 70% fit his mobility alone is better than a Casemiro and Eriksen as a mid 2.In saying that I don't expect ETH will start him.
    No, I don't think he will risk it either. I'm not sure he should - the lad has had no preseason, if he comes in and is sluggish he'll get pelters, if he pulls something we're doomed. Safer just to ease him in all-round, even though we desperately need him going forwards. However if we are at the stage where we need him to get anything against this Burnley side then we are done anyway and losing the points won't matter. No sense to risk it.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    I know that we shouldn't take anything easy at this period, but since we are absolutely light in terms of players, I would try to rest one or two from yesterday's game and have fresh legs.

We don't have many choice but I'd try to avoid the post CL trauma that many teams had.

We may also have Varane, Amrabat and Mount on the bench boosting the end of the game if needed.

------------------------------------------------Onana------------------------------------------------
    Dalot---------------------------Lindelof---------Maguire-----------------------Reguilon
    -----------------------------------Casemiro-------Hannibal----------------------------------
    Rashford-----------------------------------Bruno--------------------------------Garnacho
    ------------------------------------------------Martial-----------------------------------------------

Ollie Derbyshire

…………………..….Onana
    Dalot….Lindelof….Martinez…Regulion
    ………..Amarabat…...Casemiro
    ……………….……..Bruno
    ….Martial……Hojlund…..Rashford

Martial actually looked like he was up for it against Bayern so I’m down to try him against Burnley.

Teja

I watched the City - Burnley game for the Kompany v City drama and their high press / play out of the back was pretty good actually. Don't know what happened to them after - let's see.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
    Away game against a side that will be far more up for it than us. We know how this goes.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
    …………………..….Onana
    Dalot….Lindelof….Martinez…Regulion
    ………..Amarabat…...Casemiro
    ……………….……..Bruno
    ….Martial……Hojlund…..Rashford

Martial actually looked like he was up for it against Bayern so I’m down to try him against Burnley.
    Ah, the old 'Martial looked like he could be arsed this time' selection.

That old chestnut. :drool:

roseguy64

Amrabat and Mainoo have just this week returned to individual training. Neither is making the starting lineup.

Very good chance of both Mount and Varane starting.

roseguy64

I really think it is time to give the youngsters a chance. These kids need games to develop. They wont just turn ready one day after 2 years of training and watching the first team lose game after game
    They'll play in the League Cup game that's next week or the week after.

FerociousCorgis

feels ridic to say a must win game, but for really any serious hopes this season to be a factor at the top of the table (not saying necessarily leader but just a respectable up in the top) this has to be a win. Lose and vibe just gets worse and worse. Being near a double digit distance away from 5th will just put a huge pressure on us. This is burnley anything other than 3 points is pretty unacceptable

jesperjaap

They remind me a little bit of Forest at the start of last season, trying to play same postive brand of football that worked for them in the championship, some of it is good, but they are young, look naive and though some talented young players, need to change as the levels up they are playing at, it wont work.

This for me is a must win game and even in or current form, really is a should win game. I think we have a reasonable run of games now, hopefully a steady flow of players retrning.....this can be a turning point in our season, lose this and I really fear where we will be come January

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Saturday night? Are you kidding me. Bad enough I have to watch us lose when I don't have anything better to do....

RedOrange

feels ridic to say a must win game, but for really any serious hopes this season to be a factor at the top of the table (not saying necessarily leader but just a respectable up in the top) this has to be a win. Lose and vibe just gets worse and worse. Being near a double digit distance away from 5th will just put a huge pressure on us. This is burnley anything other than 3 points is pretty unacceptable
    These matches against the bottom of the table clubs are always must-win anyways.

Waynne

We're going to get teabagged 5-0 and the CAF is going to crash

Care_de_Bobo

They'll play in the League Cup game that's next week or the week after.
    If we go full strength in every competition again this season there's no way we're making CL again next year, so I really do hope to see Ten Hag use some of the squad players in the competition this season.

We've had some horrible games against Burnley in the past, so I'm really not sure what to expect on Saturday considering our options and their extra few days of rest.

Micky Targaryen

You won’t see Burnley try harder in any other game this season. They will play like men possessed and go back to the useless c*unts they are the following week. Mark my words.
    And that shouldn't still be a problem for us. That should be our standard. Who the feck cares who chooses to turn up against us?

Realistically though, got a nagging feeling that we will receive a jammy 1-0 defeat. :(

red_de_pologne

It's how most of our successful players do end up making it. I'd argue the opposite that it's those who've had carefully managed minutes that end up disappearing. Lack of minutes damages potential its as simple as that.

You've either got the mentality to play for United or you don't it's not a gradual build up.
    absolute drivel.. you simply don't throw youngsters into a team under huge pressure and expect them to perform instantly, because "they've either got the mentality or they don't". It's a process, it's so obvious it doesn't need explaining, read some basics on coaching youth.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
    Would go with as many players who are too young or too new to the team to be fully jaded. Garnacho, Pellistri, Hojlund, Amrabat if he's healthy. If we start with a team that has many of Eriksen, McT, Martial in it alongside Rashford and Bruno, we're doomed from the outset.

Some quality with an engine and a point to prove is our best hope (ahem, Sancho :()

Banana Republic

What has it come to, when this fixture has become a must win ?
    Which it most definitely is after this dreadful start to the season.

Obviously like everyone, I’m hoping for a solid result, but I have no expectations, cannot bring myself to contemplate any sort of prediction and to be honest, I’m feeling quite numb about it all.

Spark

I reckon we will start with general intensity but not take our chances. Burnley will then score on the break against the run of play around the 17 min mark.

United will then huff and puff but ultimately go into half time 1-0 down, not being able to break Burnley down even though they’ve been spanked by everyone.

I back us to score in the second half, only to concede immediately. We might blag a draw.

In all seriousness, I do think we’ll win but the above wouldn’t surprise anyone would it?

M Bison

Supports
    York City
    I reckon we will start with general intensity but not take our chances. Burnley will then score on the break against the run of play around the 17 min mark.

United will then huff and puff but ultimately go into half time 1-0 down, not being able to break Burnley down even though they’ve been spanked by everyone.

I back us to score in the second half, only to concede immediately. We might blag a draw.

In all seriousness, I do think we’ll win but the above wouldn’t surprise anyone would it?
    Very possible, a bit like Forrest game.

Drizzle

It would be nice to score a early goal and then hold the lead for a while. We've spent hardly any time in winning positions this season. We desperately need to get into the rhythm of being in control of the flow of the game.

Smores

absolute drivel.. you simply don't throw youngsters into a team under huge pressure and expect them to perform instantly, because "they've either got the mentality or they don't". It's a process, it's so obvious it doesn't need explaining, read some basics on coaching youth.
    I don't care about your theory or your inability to debate with any substance. The fact is our successful youth products have nearly always been thrown in under pressure and benefited from it. Fletcher might be the only case I recall who was gradual but that was injuries.

Rashford got thrown in because of injuries to Martial and suddenly was starting in the CL then started against Arsenal.

Greenwood made a couple of subs against PSG and Arsenal and then found himself starting regularly despite our situation.

McTominay one sub appearance against Arsenal then started against Palace.

If we start to discuss Fergies record there's even more. Our youth tend to break out because there's a sudden gap that allows consecutive game time whether there's someone not performing (Giggs debut situation) or injuries (Rashford, Cleverley, Rafael).

The idea that players need cup games and a legion of sub appearances first is nonsense. It's about mentality and you'll see managers talk about the mentally of all young debutants.

Hannibal, Pellestri, Amad if he were fit don't need to be mollycoddled they just need testing and we have gaps in the squad that allow it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
    We'll come out angry and full of running, punch ourselves out after half an hour and Burnley will pick us off after that.

Expect a red card due to frustration.

The White Pele

An important game and opportunity to set the tone for our next run of winnable games before we play City on the 29th Oct:

Burnley A PL
    Palace H LC
    Palace H PL
    Galatasaray H CL
    Brentford H PL
    Shef Utd A PL
    Copenhagen H CL

5/7 home games with the two away fixtures being against newly promoted sides. If we play well there’s no reason why we can’t win all of those.

If we did we would hopefully claw back a chunk of the gap to the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and the other teams flying high due to some of their fixtures in this period: Ars v Tot, Liv v WHU, Tot v Liv, Bri v Liv, WHU v New, Ars v City, City v Bri.

Climb back into the top 6, put ourselves in a good position in the CL and progess in the Carabao and with a few players returning from injury and hopefully the mood will be very different when City come to Old Trafford at the end of October.

RuudTom83

Losing away to Bayern, Arsenal, Spur ver.2023 is one thing, but losing away to Burnley is a whole different level.

They need to sort themselves out and batter Burnley 3-0

Dannn411

If Mount is back he should play wide right. If he isn't fit, Garnacho should come into the team. Varane and Amrabat straight in as well if they are fit.

I have no idea how this one will play out. Burnley are awful but we are also pretty bad ourselves and we are a living breathing disaster away from home. I hope we win and get on a good run of form again starting here because I don't want ETH fired. The clear out is not yet completed and you just know that the likes of Maguire, Mctominay, Sancho and Martial will once again come back into the conversation for regular minutes on that BS of "giving everyone a fresh start" if a new manager comes in.

Statue of Limitations

Only realised I'll not see this match properly as will be watching the SA v IRE match.

Bound to be our best performance of the year so! More encouraged after our showing v Bayern that we are kicking on.

Marcus

We can't keep missing our chances. I predict a convincing 4-1 victory.

GregM40

Hoping for this line up:

Onana
    Dalot Varane Martinez Reguilon
    Amrabat Casemiro
    Bruno
    Mount Rashford
    Hojlund

Need to start controlling games in midfield, Casemiro has had a horrible start to the season and needs some legs next to him, Eriksen can't provide that week in week out. Must win game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Jonny Evans image Jonny Evans 48% of 313 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 292 ratings.

Score Predictions