Caf posters possibly infected with covid-19

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Hi wife appears to be fully recovered, daughter is still feeling pain occasionally but hopefully on the recovery path. Used your example of getting her out of bed and doing some light exercise.
As I feared, today wife is reporting a second wave in her lungs. Hopefully it's as mild as before and doesn't lead to complications. Very little change in daughter still though she's not struggling to breathe.

Last night I saw a video on FB about cutting onions, wrapping in a cloth and resting it against the chest/lungs. My wife just did that and said she got a burning sensation initially, followed by some easing off in her lungs. Daughter also reported pain at first but the tingly feeling in her tightened left lung has gone for now. Anyone else tried this or other old wives tales?

C3Pique

As I feared, today wife is reporting a second wave in her lungs. Hopefully it's as mild as before and doesn't lead to complications. Very little change in daughter still though she's not struggling to breathe.
Stick it out, it's a persistent bugger that seems to keep coming back. I'm day 2 pretty much symptom-free, bar a slight cough now and again, having first felt rough on the 17th March. Got back in my home gym yesterday and today, and lack of fitness aside, my chest and lungs felt back to normal, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Stay hydrated, and as someone else said, hot hot showers seem to help.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’ve just had to send my dad to the hospital. I’ve been looking after him last few days as he had mild symptoms but I noticed his breathing was getting really heavy and he was getting breathless But it was manageable, when he went to bed tonight I was taking him his water up like I’ve been doing and he was sat on the edge of his bed panting like he’d run a marathon. He was taking sharp breaths in and very quick. He’s been absolute fine today too so I absolutely crapped myself It came from nowhere.

thankfully he calmed down just before paramedics arrived, who were brilliant i have to say and they did all the usual tests on him at the home, heart rate, blood pressure, temperature etc and he was fine on them all, the only thing wrong was his oxygen levels were lower than normal (although not dangerous). They even gave him a choice wether to go to the hospital or not but I forced him to go.

They said it would be likely he gets discharged tonight and I can pick him up so it’s going to be a long night for me.

MrPooni

My fever broke a couple of days ago and my breathing is a lot better. Only thing I can't shake is this horrible cough but it's minor in the grand scheme of things.

Ludens the Red

Good to hear mate. How are your energy levels? Mine are still down in the dumps. I've slept all day and evening here but I'm up now. My sleeping pattern is really up the fecking wall here. It's a bollocks in an of its self.
Not to be intrusive but are you sure you have the corona virus and not something else? As you were displaying symptoms months ago too?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Not feeling my best today but I hope it's something else. Noticed it late yesterday as my face mysteriously started to hurt. Surmised it wasn't dental related but likely due to some lymph node inflammation.

Temp is WNL at 37.2 but quite a few lymph nodes in my head, neck, chest and armpit feel very swollen.

Art Vandelay

I’ve just had to send my dad to the hospital. I’ve been looking after him last few days as he had mild symptoms but I noticed his breathing was getting really heavy and he was getting breathless But it was manageable, when he went to bed tonight I was taking him his water up like I’ve been doing and he was sat on the edge of his bed panting like he’d run a marathon. He was taking sharp breaths in and very quick. He’s been absolute fine today too so I absolutely crapped myself It came from nowhere.

thankfully he calmed down just before paramedics arrived, who were brilliant i have to say and they did all the usual tests on him at the home, heart rate, blood pressure, temperature etc and he was fine on them all, the only thing wrong was his oxygen levels were lower than normal (although not dangerous). They even gave him a choice wether to go to the hospital or not but I forced him to go.

They said it would be likely he gets discharged tonight and I can pick him up so it’s going to be a long night for me.
Sounds like a scary episode, but they've probably been seeing a lot of breathing issues lately and if they aren't too worried then hopefully it's nothing.

dannyrhinos89

@Art Vandelay yeah it was upsetting seeing him like he was but he’s home now thank god, I’ve just been to A+E to get him. I only got a little out of him as he was shattered and is now sleeping but as far as I know they X rayed his chest, gave him oxygen and have done numerous other tests and thankfully he’s come out of it ok although he did have an infection on one of his lungs which they’ve given him tablets for Hopefully in time that should clear up any breathing problems.

Art Vandelay

@Art Vandelay yeah it was upsetting seeing him like he was but he’s home now thank god, I’ve just been to A+E to get him. I only got a little out of him as he was shattered and is now sleeping but as far as I know they X rayed his chest, gave him oxygen and have done numerous other tests and thankfully he’s come out of it ok although he did have an infection on one of his lungs which they’ve given him tablets for Hopefully in time that should clear up any breathing problems.
Happy days, at least it was just a minor incident and over in one night and he gets his own bed for the night. Hospitals are a nightmare to sleep in.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not to be intrusive but are you sure you have the corona virus and not something else? As you were displaying symptoms months ago too?
Yeah I'm not sure what it was to be honest with you. All I know is that I never displayed a fever but I sure as hell felt rough. It probably wasn't a coronavirus but if it was and it was a so-called mild case then I don't want to end up getting a severe illness.

klayton88

Thinking of you mate. Hope he's on the mend soon.

dannyrhinos89

@dannyrhinos89 how's your dad mate?

@golden_blunder how are you? Hope it was nothing too serious buddy.

Sorry not been on much lately. Yeah he is good cheers. They put him on oxygen gave him more tests and sent him home same day they Gave him some tablets to fight an infection and he's much improved since he started taking them. His breathing is normal now Thank god.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sorry not been on much lately. Yeah he is good cheers. They put him on oxygen gave him more tests and sent him home same day they Gave him some tablets to fight an infection and he's much improved since he started taking them. His breathing is normal now Thank god.
Good to hear

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Excellent news.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

Last night I saw a video on FB about cutting onions, wrapping in a cloth and resting it against the chest/lungs. My wife just did that and said she got a burning sensation initially, followed by some easing off in her lungs. Daughter also reported pain at first but the tingly feeling in her tightened left lung has gone for now. Anyone else tried this or other old wives tales?
Finally, an article which reflects what my wife and specially daughter are still going through. Seems like this covid is an insidious git. There is a support group on Slack in the article if anyone else needs help:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...to-coronavirus-recovery-long-lasting-symptoms

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I got tested yesterday morning, got the result last night and it turns out I'm positive. Which is surprising given I have few to no symptoms until now. However, it fits quite well. My partner and I moved home to Denmark from Saturday to Sunday so we came through the airport then. We went into quarantine when we got here so we haven't really seen anyone since the weekend. The Danish rules say that if you test negative on the fourth day (so yesterday) you can go out of quarantine when you get the result.

Given we haven't got our own place yet it's gonna be a bit of a hassle. I've stayed in the room since we found out and my partner who hasn't tested positive yet has the rest of the place we've rented. Originally we had it till tomorrow but we called the owner yesterday to hear if we could stay until Thursday at least. Luckily that was fine so now I'm sat in this room for the next while. At least it gives us time to figure something out.

Denis79

Had 2 weeks of hell with covid, ended up in the hospital on day 10. Much better now thankfully, only thing i still feel is fatigue when I do everyday things like taking a walk, shower etc.

Maagge

I got tested yesterday morning, got the result last night and it turns out I'm positive. Which is surprising given I have few to no symptoms until now. However, it fits quite well. My partner and I moved home to Denmark from Saturday to Sunday so we came through the airport then. We went into quarantine when we got here so we haven't really seen anyone since the weekend. The Danish rules say that if you test negative on the fourth day (so yesterday) you can go out of quarantine when you get the result.

Given we haven't got our own place yet it's gonna be a bit of a hassle. I've stayed in the room since we found out and my partner who hasn't tested positive yet has the rest of the place we've rented. Originally we had it till tomorrow but we called the owner yesterday to hear if we could stay until Thursday at least. Luckily that was fine so now I'm sat in this room for the next while. At least it gives us time to figure something out.
Small update on this: It's seems like I'm quite clearly asymptomatic. I'm still absolutely fine but we found out I had the option to go into an isolation home, which I did yesterday evening. It's basically a repurposed care home as far as I can see, but it's fine. I have a room, my own bathroom a small kitchen with a fridge, a microwave oven and a kettle. Food is brought to my room three times per day.
I could have stuck with the hassle of being in the summerhouse with my partner but she's still negative so we hope to keep it that way and this obviously makes it more likely. If she tests negative tomorrow and on Wednesday she's free to leave the summerhouse. I can leave my isolation on Thursday if I stay symptom free until then.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Small update on this: It's seems like I'm quite clearly asymptomatic. I'm still absolutely fine but we found out I had the option to go into an isolation home, which I did yesterday evening. It's basically a repurposed care home as far as I can see, but it's fine. I have a room, my own bathroom a small kitchen with a fridge, a microwave oven and a kettle. Food is brought to my room three times per day.
I could have stuck with the hassle of being in the summerhouse with my partner but she's still negative so we hope to keep it that way and this obviously makes it more likely. If she tests negative tomorrow and on Wednesday she's free to leave the summerhouse. I can leave my isolation on Thursday if I stay symptom free until then.
That’s amazing. Are those facilities available to everyone living in Norway? That’s how you keep numbers down!

Maagge

That’s amazing. Are those facilities available to everyone living in Norway? That’s how you keep numbers down!
Denmark. But in theory, yes. It's up to the individual municipalities to figure it out as far as I can see. In this case it seems like it's three municipalities collaborating around this facility. And then it depends on whether you are eligible, which appears to be a subjective thing. They look at stuff like whether it's manageable to keep the infected person(s) isolated from the rest of the household and so on. So if one of my parents had caught it they probably wouldn't be eligible as they could quite easily isolate since their bedroom has an ensuite bathroom.
In our case we were on borrowed time in a summerhouse with just the one bathroom.

I think I might have to pay something per day for food although I'm unsure whether that's covered by my municipality in the end.
In any case it's way better than the very small bedroom I stayed in the last couple of days. Premier League football on the TV all day as well (which has been difficult to watch back in Ethiopia). :drool:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Denmark. But in theory, yes. It's up to the individual municipalities to figure it out as far as I can see. In this case it seems like it's three municipalities collaborating around this facility. And then it depends on whether you are eligible, which appears to be a subjective thing. They look at stuff like whether it's manageable to keep the infected person(s) isolated from the rest of the household and so on. So if one of my parents had caught it they probably wouldn't be eligible as they could quite easily isolate since their bedroom has an ensuite bathroom.
In our case we were on borrowed time in a summerhouse with just the one bathroom.

I think I might have to pay something per day for food although I'm unsure whether that's covered by my municipality in the end.
In any case it's way better than the very small bedroom I stayed in the last couple of days. Premier League football on the TV all day as well (which has been difficult to watch back in Ethiopia). :drool:
Sorry. Thought you were Noggie. Good to hear it’s an option in countries that aren’t oil rich too! Seems like such a sensible way to keep numbers down. A pity it’s not more widespread.

Maagge

Sorry. Thought you were Noggie. Good to hear it’s an option in countries that aren’t oil rich too! Seems like such a sensible way to keep numbers down. A pity it’s not more widespread.
Yeah especially with the more infectious variants knocking about. I was told I had "a variant", but I wasn't told which one. Don't know whether the lady I spoke to didn't know the exact one or wasn't allowed to say.