Gaming Call of Duty: Warzone

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Bit odd there isn't a thread for it specifically. Never sure if people are talking about WZ or actual Vanguard in the other one.

Getting used to the new map a bit, but it's still all quite samey.

Whatever they've done to the mechanics feels like a step back. All feels a bit clunkier. Recoil and lead times being different was unnecessary too. The new map was enough of a change.

That's before we get on to the bugs, but they're to be expected and hopefully fixed.

Green_Red

I've found it's less buggy if you play the vanguard warzone vs the one where you can use your skins from the previous version.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've found it's less buggy if you play the vanguard warzone vs the one where you can use your skins from the previous version.
Oh really? Only problem there is you get shredded if you have no Vanguard guns levelled.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
The Vanguard only one is really buggy on Series X so wouldn't recommend that option. Half the guns I pick up are unusable.

Green_Red

Oh really? Only problem there is you get shredded if you have no Vanguard guns levelled.
The stg(?) Is pretty good for close range off the rip, and it's available for your loadout from the start too.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
In the process of trying to level up the vanguard guns. I quite like the new map, but not sure if that's just the fact it's a change after so long of the same map.

I don't like how hard it is to spot enemies though, far too much shrubbery to blend in to, and with all the bombs and planes flying over its impossible to use footsteps as a means of locating enemies.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s pretty solid on PC. Haven’t noticed any difference except the guns are shit, but it’s kinda fun when everyone has to use them

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It’s stupid that it’s crossplay. I don’t personally play WZ but I don’t crossplay either. A guy on PC with a mouse will be better than very good guys whom are playing on last gen consoles and tvs. It’s not a level playing field at all.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’m on PS5. It says I cannot play WZ unless I have crossplay turned on? :confused:
I think you can if you ignore that and force it. You used to be able to anyway. Can't on Xbox annoyingly.

In the process of trying to level up the vanguard guns. I quite like the new map, but not sure if that's just the fact it's a change after so long of the same map.

I don't like how hard it is to spot enemies though, far too much shrubbery to blend in to, and with all the bombs and planes flying over its impossible to use footsteps as a means of locating enemies.
Yeah it's really tough to spot people sometimes. Everything is the same kind of tone including people.

Deery

Dreary
Feck Warzone and feck everyone associated with it..

I’m really bad

Paxi

I think you can if you ignore that and force it. You used to be able to anyway. Can't on Xbox annoyingly.

Yeah it's really tough to spot people sometimes. Everything is the same kind of tone including people.
Still a lot of players will not know and it’s still an uneven playing field in my opinion.

I play Vanguard on PS5 casually but I miss high frame rate gameplay of MW on PC.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Still a lot of players will not know and it’s still an uneven playing field in my opinion.

I play Vanguard on PS5 casually but I miss high frame rate gameplay of MW on PC.
What's even more laughable is that not only did they not add the much needed fov slider for consoles, but they knocked it down from 120hz to 60 as well :lol:
Not an issue for me but I'd be pissed if I had a C1.

Paxi

What's even more laughable is that not only did they not add the much needed fov slider for consoles, but they knocked it down from 120hz to 60 as well :lol:
It goes further than that though. Some players play for pure sweat though. It’s like they’ll have a top of the range PC and they’ll have ‘competitive’ settings; it’s where all the settings that can be turned off.. are turned off.

You’re getting 200fps on average (as you can see in the video linked below) and if you’re doing that then I will bet you anything that you’re also using the best monitor. So letting PC players play with console players is completely laughable even if console players were hitting 120fps semi regularly which is the best case scenario.

Bosws87

It goes further than that though. Some players play for pure sweat though. It’s like they’ll have a top of the range PC and they’ll have ‘competitive’ settings; it’s where all the settings that can be turned off.. are turned off.

You’re getting 200fps on average (as you can see in the video linked below) and if you’re doing that then I will bet you anything that you’re also using the best monitor. So letting PC players play with console players is completely laughable even if console players were hitting 120fps semi regularly which is the best case scenario.

As someone that plays on a 240hz monitor i can tell you the difference from 120/144 is very minimal.

Conor

Are you sure about this? The refresh rate counter on my monitor seems to say otherwise.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Felt a bit smoother today.

I don't know if it's the lead times or acceleration on aiming with sniping. It's not right though.

Conor

It would be really nice to be able to pick up a ground loot STG or MP40 and not have the majority of my screen turn into black shards.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It would be really nice to be able to pick up a ground loot STG or MP40 and not have the majority of my screen turn into black shards.
Not had an issue with those. The lmg (can’t remember the name) fecks up for me though. And I’ve been attacked by some absolute demons when people turn in to that massive shardy goo.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Apart from the fact they've broken the snipers and marksman rifles. Snipers are now semi auto and the marksman ones are fully auto
feck sake :lol:

Conor

Apart from the fact they've broken the snipers and marksman rifles. Snipers are now semi auto and the marksman ones are fully auto
Listen, you can't ask for everything.

Deery

Dreary
Seems like you can’t find anyone for ages, then get wiped out in the first gun battle rinse and repeat..

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Brilliant. 11 kills deep in a game. They’re coming easy. Then a rogue krampus decides to target us even though we aren’t being hunted. It doesn’t disappear at all like normal and just keeps chasing me while I plough bullets in to it, twatting me every time I have to reload.

We eventually get third partied obviously and they need to put about five bullets in to it to kill it.

Stupid af.

Deery

Dreary
Brilliant. 11 kills deep in a game. They’re coming easy. Then a rogue krampus decides to target us even though we aren’t being hunted. It doesn’t disappear at all like normal and just keeps chasing me while I plough bullets in to it, twatting me every time I have to reload.

We eventually get third partied obviously and they need to put about five bullets in to it to kill it.

Stupid af.
We beat a Krampus earlier on but it is annoying the way it uses all your ammo, not really sure the point of it really.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We beat a Krampus earlier on but it is annoying the way it uses all your ammo, not really sure the point of it really.
Yeah we beat the first one we encountered quite easily. The second one just kept coming though. Had another since that and we got it but nearly died to team third partying again. Managed to kill it then deal with the team with barely any ammo somehow. We then still kept getting the thaw thing for the rest of the game.

This game is bad enough for getting third partied, nevermind when you have to spend five minutes constantly shooting at a fecking krampus.

Conor

I've never played a worse game quality-wise than the 'new' Warzone. It's actually baffling how shit it has been since launch.

Massive Spanner

I've never played a worse game quality-wise than the 'new' Warzone. It's actually baffling how shit it has been since launch.
Just wondering, what are the issues you've been having?

I don't play it nearly as much as I used to but apart from a few bugs here and there and weird lag I've found pacific decent enough.

Conor

Just wondering, what are the issues you've been having?

I don't play it nearly as much as I used to but apart from a few bugs here and there and weird lag I've found pacific decent enough.
An incredible amount of UI bugs, nearly every single time I play(gun polygon glitch, non rendering map elements, see through floor, invisible gun, invisible reticle, the list goes on) since the release. Woeful server performance half the time, constant connection issues, even though I've 300mb broadband and use ethernet. Regular crashes and being kicked back to the starting screen too. I'm on console, I believe it's way worse for console players than PC, for the most part. I've genuinely never even played a beta in worse shape than Warzone since release, it's embarrassing.

Massive Spanner

An incredible amount of UI bugs, nearly every single time I play(gun polygon glitch, non rendering map elements, see through floor, invisible gun, invisible reticle, the list goes on) since the release. Woeful server performance half the time, constant connection issues, even though I've 300mb broadband and use ethernet. Regular crashes and being kicked back to the starting screen too. I'm on console, I believe it's way worse for console players than PC, for the most part. I've genuinely never even played a beta in worse shape than Warzone since release, it's embarrassing.
Jesus, fair enough, I'm on PC luckily enough.

Bosws87

You forgot flying cars. :lol:

Ricochet the biggest joke going.