Callum Hudson-Odoi | Signed a new five-year contract worth over £120k/week

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by charlenefan, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Sep 20, 2019

finneh Full Member

Like I said the point still remains... Going for the short term option over players who were more talented but would take a couple of years to mature.

Rashford was generally used on the right due to the board failing to agree terms with Inter for Perisic.

I can certainly see Chelsea bringing 5-6 players in next summer all of whom would reduce minutes of Abraham, Mount and Odoi. In truth though that's not a huge issue as they shouldn't be relied upon at their age. The problem is when the manager only plays the strongest XI due to the pressures of losing a few games.
  2. Sep 21, 2019

Ruufio New Member

Supports:
    Chelsea
    CHO and Reece James playing today against Southampton for the U23s. Will be ready for Grimsby in the League Cup.

Lampard on Hudson-Odoi and Reece James: "We have got them playing in the U23s tomorrow. We have a game in the week that they can certainly play a part in for the Carabao Cup. So they have been out.”
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2019
  3. Sep 21, 2019

predator Youth NITK

Chelsea ruining football. Obscene wages for a 10 year old.

Seriously though if you're good enough you're old enough and I think that should apply in every industry.

From what I've seen of CHO I'm impressed. Chelsea would've been crazy to let him go. To read comments slating this contract Is truly baffling. This is the same sport that allows Alexis Sanchez to be paid north of 400k a week, the same sport that see's agents get a 20 million cut.
  4. Sep 21, 2019

amolbhatia50k Sneaky bum time

Regarding the contract, how are people claiming this too be too much ? The Chelsea management have offered terms to him based on how highly they rate him. He's obviously highly regarded and hence the contract. The only way to be able to say that they've cocked up and overpaid is if going forward be doesn't justify it - unless those saying that now have seen tons of him and don't rate him highly (in which case take enoenoug).
  5. Oct 16, 2019

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Brilliant goals for the 21s yesterday, looks like his pace is still good.

6. Oct 16, 2019

blue blue Full Member

Supports:
    chelsea
    I hadn't seen this before.
    Two outstanding goals. He hasn't quite reached these heights with Chelsea just yet but I suspect he'll be in the starting line up against Newcastle at the weekend.
    Very exciting to see an 18 year old who can run with the ball and shoot like this.
  7. Oct 16, 2019

In Rainbows Full Member

Looks like he's bouncing back from that achilles injury. Is he still moving around as he once did or is there a slight noticeable difference in his athleticism?
  8. Oct 16, 2019

Classical Mechanic Full Member

Hard to tell so I'd say not significantly. He was leaving some of the Austrian defenders for dead yesterday but it's not just his pace, it's his touch and control that gives him an edge. He was motoring on that second goal.