Can we afford to dawdle around again?

SteveW

Poch will turn a midfield of Fred, Pereira and Mata into winners.

Can't wait to see this magic trick

lysglimt

Scout
I like him as he's shown he's been able to get the best out of players, has created a good attacking side, likes Youth - without winning a trophy he's been really successful in getting Spurs to punch well above their weight

who would you look to appoint?
If OGS is gone - I would take Brendan Rodgers over Poch any day. Poch is overrated

monosierra

Doesn’t matter who is appointed with the current management in place. The role is a poisoned chalice for any smart manager.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'm not convinced on Poch in the slightest. I also don't like the idea of taking a manager after a bad season. Done that before.

I've lost all patience with Ole though. Even with the injuries our team should be performing at a better level than it is. More worryingly our defence is atrocious despite us spending money on it and it looking pretty good on paper. It looks weak in every area, every game.

Our 'strongest' area on the pitch is costing us games. Yet we only seem to focus on the odd missed chance or penalty.

It's not how many we concede, it is how we concede them that is so worrying.

DOF & Ten Hag. Put Ole as Head of Youth Development.
Poch is good in getting us back to top 4 though. We need to be realistic, we are miles behind title contender, we are currently only a mid table club, top 4 is something we struggle hard to reach.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Don't think the manager really matters at this stage. Just the way it's the manager's job to the get the best out of his players, it's the board's job to get the best out of the manager. Both are failing simultaneously right now, and we can't have the former without the latter. We need changes at the top before changes down the chain really start having impact. Poch can walk in right now but there's jack shit he can do with the squad we currently have. He'll be incompetently backed with a couple of overpriced players and then we'll pull the plug on him before he can really turn things around.

However, I agree that Ole's not the right choice, and we should get Poch as soon as possible - as minimal an impace it may have for us in the present, it will improve our chances to compete in the future, if the board get their act together.

Bestietom

Just came across an article saying Pochettino isn't keen on working with a DOF structure, well that would suit our hierarchy to a tee then as they seemingly have absolutely no intention of ever appointing one, all we get is that clown Woody putting out leaks that Utd want to bring one in, usually a tactic he likes to employ when Utd have just had a bad result and he wants to deflect criticism away from himself again.
Yes, that and the promises we have the money to bring in anybody we want. He's pulling the wool over our eyes season after season, and the longer he is here the worse we will get.

bsCallout

Poch is good in getting us back to top 4 though. We need to be realistic, we are miles behind title contender, we are currently only a mid table club, top 4 is something we struggle hard to reach.
Do you think Poch gets us into top four with a midfield of Periera, Fred & Mata/Lingard?

Treble

I'm pretty confident we will look to bring Poch in over the summer.

1) SAF is a big fan
2) It's alleged Poch would be keen on the job - his head was turned last season
3) Ole wouldn't make a fuss and would be cheap to remove
Fergie had something to do, more precisely a lot to do, with appointing Moyes and Ole. Sadly, wouldn't trust his judgement any more.

Eric's Seagull

When was the last time Woodward made a sensible decision? Don't hold your breath on this one, he's too incompetent to run a bath let alone a football club!
Well said. I don't have have faith in Woodward making the correct decisions and that is why I think he should have brought a DoF in to help him.

Treble

Think Poch is a good option.

My worry is whether he has overcome the disappointment from last season and especially the Cl final loss. There were reports that he was utterly depressed and stayed home for 2 weeks. I guess one of the reasons Spurs suffered this season was that Poch wasn't at his best. He might suffer from a burnout or something.

These are important things. A season might break a manager, e.g. many agree that Mourinho's last season at Real broke him and he was never the same after that.