Can we get anything out of the Liverpool game?

BigRon1985

This is about getting revenge for our worst result at home for generations - players need to play for pride and the shirt.

Denying them the PL title would be perfect!

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
5 games ago, I'd say yes, but I think this bunch of players lack heart, courage, guile and a sense of sacrifice. That's all you need for a derby such as this one, even when you don't have quality.

-Supreme-

Sit back and counter, drop Bruno and play Fred, McT and Matic if they are fit.

Ole'sattheWheel

it's sad. When we were on top, ANY game v Liverpool was a horrid nailbiter, even when they were finishing 7th and 8th.
Now the tables are turned we just roll over for them

padzilla

Hipster
If current form Bruno plays then we could be in for a sobering evening.

That said if the lads genuinely have any pride they should be able to go there and give it a go.

Red_toad

Might as well go full Ole and play that cowardly back five that actually served us quite well. Mind you that relies on Varane being fit.
Also Eric or Jones, we’re pretty stacked in central defence. Jones must be scratching his head watching today’s performance and wondering how he can’t get ahead of the current 2 incumbents today.

Acquire Me

If we show up with true grit, everything goes to plan and they are not perfect, we might get a result. It is far fetched though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
If we park the bus, we might be able to keep the score down to only a 0-3 spanking!

If we get a draw there, it will be one of the shocks of the season considering the circumstances!
Liverpool are playing a lot of hard, exhausting games in succession and only get a couple of days to recover, same as us, but they have games across four fronts to concern themselves with and rotation has to be a factor.

If we can 'get in amongst them' and make it a miserable, disjointed game, it could be reduced to half-chances off corners and ugly scrambles in the box... at least I'd like to believe it can be.

If we try to play, I think it'll be even worse than last time, given the form of the respective teams.

MonkeysMagic

If we had 4 competent defenders in the squad, there may be some merit in parking the bus. But we are atrocious defensively and I can see the game all but done after 20 min.

BlueHaze

We all know this is a loss. Don't even bother imagining something else.

Djemba-Djemba

I legit think the best case scenario is they go 2-0 up early and then conserve energy for the rest of the game. Go easy on us.

If they're fully on their game it's going to be embarrassing for us.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
"we beat Man United on the way to the historic quadruple"

Vincent Kompany cries in a corner somewhere as it was only a matter of time until someone won a quadruple right?

DickDastardly

We'll batter them on the counter.

They'll lose the FA final, go out of CL semi against Villarreal and lose the title by a point.

Save this post for later.

DevilRed

We're going to get fecking demolished if we continue playing the same way.

Rangnick hasn't a fecking clue how to set us up to keep clean sheets.

Longshanks

This fixture is full of surprising results over the years. We have gone there many times in cracking form with our best sides of recent times against a poor Liverpool side in no form whatsoever and been rolled over. The same has happened vice versa before aswell.

Do I fancy our chances? No not really, but anything can happen and has happened in the past and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if we win 1-0 with a de gea shot stopping masterclass.

Irwin99

6-3-1 formation. Park the damn bus, don't give a feck :D

A point would be a bloody good result.

RetroStu

We cant defend so no. Even another Ronaldo hattrick probably wouldnt be enough to get anything.

Tiber

We couldn't even beat Everton nevermind Liverpool

croadyman

This fixture is full of surprising results over the years. We have gone there many times in cracking form with our best sides of recent times against a poor Liverpool side in no form whatsoever and been rolled over. The same has happened vice versa before aswell.

Do I fancy our chances? No not really, but anything can happen and has happened in the past and I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if we win 1-0 with a de gea shot stopping masterclass.
Yeah but most come from them not us

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
We need lots of energy and running.

DdG

Telles
Lindelof
Bailly
Dalot

Matic
McT
Fred

Sancho
Bruno
Elanga

Is how I’d line up.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
They will twat us into the middle of next week I expect unless at least one of McFred recovers. And even then.

But you never know in football.

hobbers

De Gea

Dalot - AWB - Lindelof - Varane - Maguire - Telles

McTominay - Matic - Fred

Ronaldo

Easy.

kelvinwong2026

We need McFred.

Bench Ronaldo. Sitting deep. Park the bus. False nine. Two quick wingers. Everyone on form. Pool make mistakes. Then we have 5-10% chance of getting something.

Infra-red

It's not impossible - upsets do happen all the time. The gap in quality is enormous, though. They should really win by two or three.