Can we stop believing everything the media is saying?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
When reputed journalist are writing about unrest then mostly its true. With media it is not surprising that some nonsense will be written but news about unrest cant be false in every major news outlet. Details may vary but its hardly important.

SirMattlives

The attention economy needs eyeballs. Cue up any story about United and let the traffic flow. Tiresome that so many second rate media ‘personalities’, particularly ex-players, pile in on us but they have to pay their bills too. Best ignore, hit them where it hurts, reacting just serves their purpose.

Marwood

Good thread.

It's an example of people wanting to believe a story and so switching their brains off for a bit.

The media have been doing this to United during bad times for decades. Don't let them fool you guys.

dal

We only lost one game 5-0 it’s not the end of the world.

Flexdegea

Yeah but, the media have sources close to people so you know it's legit

True :lol:

The whole everyone believing every story they are reading, even when they are contradicting the previous tweets........is starting to be more embarrassing than the thumping at the weekend,

studs

The media run the show, they only show you what they want you to see, read and hear.

red4ever 79

We're on the back page regardless. We're the biggest club in the land.
True, I agree with that. However, when was the last time it was through anything positive. Honestly, the Super league fiasco, the Europa final fiasco, and now the manager fiasco.

nmm85

I've had to unfollow so many football accounts on twitter. Social media has really impacted my enjoyment of football (he says writing on a forum!). There is so much bullshit everywhere with people trying to be ITK to get a few likes. Also the amount of one one-upmanship and jeering from fans trying to mock other teams/fans is tiring.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pogba himself could be lying to defend himself. That can be a possibility right? So that means you can't really trust both parties, just believe what you believe. Although, I am believing in Pogba since it comes from Pogba himself but if someone told me that Pogba is lying then I have no evidence to say he is telling the truth, thus we can't convince others based on not enough concrete evidence.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I've had to unfollow so many football accounts on twitter. Social media has really impacted my enjoyment of football (he says writing on a forum!). There is so much bullshit everywhere with people trying to be ITK to get a few likes. Also the amount of one one-upmanship and jeering from fans trying to mock other teams/fans is tiring.
The number of posts on here about Leeds fan singing Ole's at the wheel and people having meltdowns over it. Apparently we've lost all respect in the footballing world because some idiots mocked us. :lol:

wolvored

Pogba himself could be lying to defend himself. That can be a possibility right? So that means you can't really trust both parties, just believe what you believe. Although, I am believing in Pogba since it comes from Pogba himself but if someone told me that Pogba is lying then I have no evidence to say he is telling the truth, thus we can't convince others based on not enough concrete evidence.
I was thinking the same. Obviously some shit printed is untrue. Pogba has had loads of bad press and never reacted. He could have been told to deny this as it's gone too far, by either the club or his enterage. Who knows?

Flexdegea

I was thinking the same. Obviously some shit printed is untrue. Pogba has had loads of bad press and never reacted. He could have been told to deny this as it's gone too far, by either the club or his enterage. Who knows?

This not the first time Pogba has went onto to social media to deny media reporting of him.

Winrar

Don't have to listen to the media, all you have to see is the "performances" on the pitch that reflect such reports, even if not every story is accurate.

Hughie77

Utd are big news and after Sunday there even bigger news. As for Mills he's just saying what everyone thought and how most thought he was as a player and pundit. Utd biggest click bait football club in the world.