g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Can you develop box to box midfielders into the modern full back?

ghagua

It think Fred would make a very good Marcelo copy at leftback, when I look at their qualities it quite similar,the low centre of gravity, pace,dribbling skills and stamina even the lack of positional awareness,Ole wouldn't switch him over though
I think they can, to be honest. They should have money saved which they did not spend during their transfer ban, plus money from selling players. Will they spend all that money, who knows.
I was just going to mention Fred. He has the mobility and stamina to do the job. None of our other midfielders would remotely be capable.

Skills

Snitch
This is what would terrify me about Fred at left-back.
Meh, all full backs are consistently out of position anyway or get caught too far forward. You just need the energy to make it back while your CB/CM holds up the opposition.

wolvored

There is no answer to that question, it depends on the player, his physical, tactical and technical abilities. In theory you can develop any player into playing an other position if he fits it.
Thats it exactly.

Bwuk

Fred’s the only one in our squad who I’d try it out with.