Car ramming incident in Hessen, Germany

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea

The police are assuming now that it was an intentional action.
They assume so after talking with witnesses at the scene.
The police are now talking about several dozen injured people, some of them kids.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Depending on who the target was, it could entirely be a revenge attack for the shisha bar terrorist killings.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
First reports are suggesting now that the attacker is a German citizen.

muller

FFS. What the solution to the mindless violence everywhere? Aside from going back in time and stopping religion being a thing.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
FFS. What the solution to the mindless violence everywhere? Aside from going back in time and stopping religion being a thing.
People will find a way to polarise themselves, if not religion, it could be skin colour, ideology, national flag, football fandom etc.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't buy the argument that religion is just an excuse. It might be an excuse for the guys at the top, but the people who actually commit the deeds are true believers. It's true that they could be true believers of a political ideology as well, but in many cases they're not, and in many more cases they are intimately linked to each other.

Not that we have any idea if this is related to religion or ideology, mind.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I don't buy the argument that religion is just an excuse. It might be an excuse for the guys at the top, but the people who actually commit the deeds are true believers. It's true that they could be true believers of a political ideology as well, but in many cases they're not, and in many more cases they are intimately linked to each other.

Not that we have any idea if this is related to religion or ideology, mind.
Religion is fanatical because these clowns hadn't found anything bigger for them.

There will always be misfits looking to fit somewhere, it's either radical religion or gangs or football hooliganism. They get attracted to the thing closes to them.

Its just like junkies finding the drug that's closest to them. Right now religion is the least regulated affliction and the path of least resistance leads them there.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Religion is fanatical because these clowns hadn't found anything bigger for them.

There will always be misfits looking to fit somewhere, it's either radical religion or gangs or football hooliganism. They get attracted to the thing closes to them.

Its just like junkies finding the drug that's closest to them. Right now religion is the least regulated affliction and the path of least resistance leads them there.
True, but football hooliganism usually doesn't have the promise of eternal salvation as a reward for committing violent acts. People have sacrificed themselves for many causes, but I'm sure it's a little bit easier to convince someone, statistically speaking, if they believe in a literal reward after death.