Carabao Cup 2020/21

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How can anyone dispute that? Deserved red and a slap too.

eire-red

Had to go there.. Could have been a leg breaker. Unintentional, but clumsy.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Spurs finals this millennium:

- 2002 League Cup (L v Blackburn)
- 2008 League Cup (W v Chelsea)
- 2009 League Cup (L v Man Utd)
- 2015 League Cup (L v Chelsea)
- 2019 Champions League (L v Liverpool)
- 2021 League Cup

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Was the spurs player not wearing shin pads? How do you get a cut there if you're wearing shinnies?
It's not cool to wear functional shin pads anymore - they have to be as small and useless as possible.

Irwin99

I think Hojbjerg has been a really good signing for them. It'd be a big loss to lose him for a few matches.

OneUnited24

I like that refs are now having a screen to view the decision, and I agree with the red, but feel most think they have to make a decision because they're being asked to have a look. I swear Mike Dean turned away before they showed a new camera angle

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Another game where Kane and Son play 90 minutes! I assume they'll both be rested for Marine but Mourinho is really pushing the most out of them and we're not even halfway through the season yet. Is this Vinicius guy no good?

Ah didn't realise you could make more than 3 subs in this competition, Son rested on 89th minute mark.

Kane's going to be exhaused by the time the euros comes round. Not Mourinho's problem of course.

Shiva87

Looks like a totally unintentional coming together but studs were showing and he went into hojberg. Harsh but red all day

lambnchips

Supports
Tottenham
Had to go there.. Could have been a leg breaker. Unintentional, but clumsy.
No, it was intentional. His foot does not match his pace or the situation, it's a concerted effort to lift his foot and put it into his shin for no apparent reason. It's the sort of nasty foul Suarez would get away with every week.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mourinho is embarrassing his own legacy further in my opinion. Sending out his strongest team in the LC against Brentford and playing fairly negative football, having 2% more possession with your strongest team in a Semi final against a Championship team.

The LC is the Micky Mouse cup of English top flight and everyone knows it and he tries his hardest in it so that he can say he won a trophy everywhere he went. It's a trophy below his legacy level and shouldn't give him the ability to brag about winning it with Tottenham, but we all know he is going to milk it to pretend he is still the special one.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Mourinho is embarrassing his own legacy further in my opinion. Sending out his strongest team in the LC against Brentford and playing fairly negative football, having 2% more possession with your strongest team in a Semi final against a Championship team.

The LC is the Micky Mouse cup of English top flight and everyone knows it and he tries his hardest in it so that he can say he won a trophy everywhere he went. It's a trophy below his legacy level and shouldn't give him the ability to brag about winning it with Tottenham, but we all know he is going to milk it to pretend he is still the special one.
What a load of old bollocks

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Do you throw darts at a picture of him mate?

spud u like

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Brentford are practically a top division side. It's been a solid display from spurs. They haven't had to get out of second gear, and have still won 2-0. I think if they needed to, they wouldn't have sat back, but they didn't need to so what's the problem?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
There's not much in it, but I rather Spurs face United than City in the final.

Irwin99

Ole and Pep seem to take it seriously enough too :lol:

It's a trophy i'd rather win than see other teams win, even if it's the lowest priority. I think even Sir Alex changed his opinion towards it at a time of increased pressure brought on by Chelsea's mega spending (2005)

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Brentford are practically a top division side. It's been a solid display from spurs. They haven't had to get out of second gear, and have still won 2-0. I think if they needed to, they wouldn't have sat back, but they didn't need to so what's the problem?
There is none ... but moaners want to moan, especially when they're obsessed with Mourinho.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
What a load of old bollocks
The likes of you and the other Spurs fans a few seasons back were sticking your noses up at this trophy because you were challenging for the PL and getting to a CL final. Don't pretend that because Spurs are in a final that it now means a lot to you when it wasn't of concern to you Spurs fans in the best seasons of Pochettino., it's a micky mouse cup, better to have than not but a fairly rubbish trophy to win.

We sacked LVG the same day as the FA Cup which is bigger and better than the LC. Looks like Spurs fans are finally accepting they are small time and not one of the big boy clubs x

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The likes of you and the other Spurs fans a few seasons back were sticking your noses up at this trophy because you were challenging for the PL and getting to a CL final. Don't pretend that because Spurs are in a final that it now means a lot to you when it wasn't of concern to you Spurs fans in the best seasons of Pochettino., it's a micky mouse cup, better to have than not but a fairly rubbish trophy to win.

We sacked LVG the same day as the FA Cup which is bigger and better than the LC. Looks like Spurs fans are finally accepting they are small time and not one of the big boy clubs x
Dude, did you just kiss him? :lol:

I think you will find that most Spurs fans where pretty pissed off with out performances under Poch when it mattered in QFs, SFs, and ultimately the final. Its a lower tier trophy for sure but its a trophy, and its far from won yet.

el3mel

They haven't won a trophy since 2008. When we sacked LVG it was just about 3 years since we have just won the league title.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Im pretty sure I didn't do that. What I did do was laugh at people claiming the charity shield as a trophy, not the league cup.

I haven't seen my team lift a trophy in decades, it would mean a lot.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Brentford won't even get promoted and everyone knows the step up from the Championship to the PL is gigantic, never mind the top 6 PL teams compared to the Championship teams.

Ole and Pep seem to take it seriously enough too :lol:

It's a trophy i'd rather win than see other teams win, even if it's the lowest priority. I think even Sir Alex changed his opinion towards it at a time of increased pressure brought on by Chelsea's mega spending (2005)
SAF won it 5 times in his 30 year career at United. For a manager that cleaned up domestically, the easiest trophy to win barely got won by him. It's evident that he didn't really care about it. He mainly used it for his youngster and squad/fringe players to get game time.

Dude, did you just kiss him? :lol:

I think you will find that most Spurs fans where pretty pissed off with out performances under Poch when it mattered in QFs, SFs, and ultimately the final. Its a lower tier trophy for sure but its a trophy, and its far from won yet.
I did, when I am fishing for bites putting a x tends to rile them up a bit more. It's patronising :D