Caretaker manager 20/21

Skills

Snitch
Who's available? Who'd be the best one to guide us into the top 4?

Last thing we should do is hire another permanent manager on a whim. Caretaker to take us through this season, director of football has the season to sound out a head coach for next season and then only once we've got a real structure in place should we make a permanent head coach signing.

BlueHaze

He won't be sacked anytime soon but hypotheticaly if he was why the feck bring in a caretaker when Poch is available? Although Poch would fail under these charlatans anyway.

Zoo

Um no, if Ole goes we hire a new manager. Simple.

Skills

Snitch
He won't be sacked anytime soon but hypotheticaly if he was why the feck bring in a caretaker when Poch is available? Although Poch would fail under these charlatans anyway.
Because the last thing we need is an another all powerful manager.

We need to hire a DOF in place first, so whoever we hire knows their place in the clubs structure. Which should be below the DOF and limited to coaching the players they've been given.

BlueHaze

Because the last thing we need is an another all powerful manager.

We need to hire a DOF in place first, so whoever we hire knows their place in the clubs structure. Which should be below the DOF and limited to coaching the players they've been given.
Yeah, good luck with that..

Blood Mage

Pochettino and Allegri are both out of work, either of them would do. We can't risk another caretaker coming in, doing well for a few games and then being handed a permanent contract by our clueless cretin of a chairman.

Ralaks

It'll be Nicky Butt, he'll win 8 games and we give him a 10 year contract

Skills

Snitch
Yeah, good luck with that..
It's a lot harder to hire a DOF when you're forcing a manager onto him. We killed any chance of getting one when we made Ole the permanent manager last time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Do we trust ourselves not to immediately call for the underqualified caretaker to get the job permanently after a good run of results?

Just appoint Poch, for all the good it will do.

BlueHaze

It's a lot harder to hire a DOF when you're forcing a manager onto him. We killed any chance of getting one when we made Ole the permanent manager last time.
When nearly 8 years have gone and they still havn't hired one I think it's a clear indicator they don't want one don't you think? There were talks about Fletcher or Rio being appointed in a similar role, you think that's good enough? And all the papers I read said Woodward/Judge would have the final say anyway.

Skills

Snitch
Do we trust ourselves not to immediately call for the underqualified caretaker to get the job permanently after a good run of results?

Just appoint Poch, for all the good it will do.
Whats with this weird obsession with Pochettino at this club? Is it because he lasted 5 years at Spurs, so our fanbase has a got a massive boner for him potentially nursing them for half a decade?

There's loads of young talented head coaches around.

dogwithabone

Why don’t we ever sign players like Watkins from outside the PL in this country ? We don’t have the foresight, we’ll pay Villa £100m for him next summer.

James Peril

The obvious pick is Pochettino and he is available tomorrow morning. I am 100% certain Woodward called him up before Covid-19, then results dictated he couldn’t sack Solskjær. Now the opening is here again and the latter should be sacked tomorrow. Losing 1-6 to Spurs is a result that dictates consequences.

BlueHaze

Whats with this weird obsession with Pochettino at this club? Is it because he lasted 5 years at Spurs, so our fanbase has a got a massive boner for him potentially nursing them for half a decade?

Name a few you would think could make a solid job then, Nagelsmann and Ten Haag excluded.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So a defensive manager or a attacking one? Brilliant
Ah, again that myth about Allegri being defensive manager. We hired Ole as attacking manager and look how that works for us. Allegri is pragmatic and i like that. I am not obssessed with "attacking style". I like to see when my team control the game

Skills

Snitch
When nearly 8 years have gone and they still havn't hired one I think it's a clear indicator they don't want one don't you think? There were talks about Fletcher or Rio being appointed in a similar role, you think that's good enough? And all the papers I read said Woodward/Judge would have the final say anyway.
Its because in our managers role, his job overlaps massively with a DOF. Had we hired a DOF when Mourinho was in charge or now that Ole is in charge, you're forcing a head coach onto a DOF while at the same time visibly demoting your managers job. Its why we were linked with the likes of Rio and Fletcher, because they were trying to ease that conflict by bringing in a DOF who would 'work with Ole'.

You need a fresh slate for it to happen smoothly. The DOF should get the chance to appoint a head coach - as the head coach is the guy who immediately reports to him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Whats with this weird obsession with Pochettino at this club? Is it because he lasted 5 years at Spurs, so our fanbase has a got a massive boner for him potentially nursing them for a decade?

I genuinely couldn't care less who we appoint. I have zero faith in us making the right choice and I have zero faith in them succeeding here under the current administration.

That said, I would imagine nearly all of the young coaches you mention aren't going to join us immediately. So it's either wait until the end of the season or hire someone else now.

As is Poch is free and I prefer him to Allegri so he might as well be the guy. Better that than wasting a season with another Solskjaer-type appointment. We already have a caretaker manager running the side full time as is.

Betson

We are the next year club , everything is next season , we will challenge next season , don't go strong for the cups so we will be fresher next season etc etc etc , so why not go manager less until next season. It has been next season with us now for the last 8 seasons and does not look like changing anytime soon.

starman

Ah, again that myth about Allegri being defensive manager. We hired Ole as attacking manager and look how that works for us. Allegri is pragmatic and i like that. I am not obssessed with "attacking style". I like to see when my team control the game
What do you mean look how its worked out, the target was CL and we got that, the front 3 has scored loads of goals.
We have started off crap but I am not reactive that he needs to be sacked even before the CL has started with two completely different managers as the options

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Is there even a whiff of a rumour he's getting binned? I don't see us pulling that trigger until things are looking utterly hopeless. Right now we're in the "this is a bit shit" stage, which is a fair way off utterly hopeless.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Great. Another manager who offers the idea of results, who will immediately be under pressure when he then doesn't get those results. Because being "results-first" is utterly meaningless.

It isn't a coincidence that the two best PL teams of recent years have attack-first managers and play attacking football. That is the best way to approach football. I have zero faith in us being the best but could we not at least keep aiming for those heights? Instead of settling for bullshit "pragmatism" that actually manifests as tumescent football. Even false hope is something.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
If Ole gets sacked why bring in a caretaker manager when Poch is free. I mean Poch was initially our origin target before the board changed their plans and hired Ole full time instead. Always maintain we should have stuck with our origin plan of Ole as caretaker manager until we got our hand on Poch but the board knee jerked over the back of some good results and gave him the job full time.

sp_107

Proper DoF and a manager with good coaching staff !! Then talk about players.

Our club is screaming for a good DOF and a good coaching setup.

Skills

Snitch
Name a few you would think could make a solid job then, Nagelsmann and Ten Haag excluded.
Stick Marco Rose on that list and you've got a good set of options who are not any of the top clubs in Europe. But then again, if we hire a competent DOF he might go for someone who's the 'next' Nagelsmann, Rose or Ten Haag.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What do you mean look how its worked out, the target was CL and we got that, the front 3 has scored loads of goals.
We have started off crap but I am not reactive that he needs to be sacked even before the CL has started with two completely different managers as the options
I mean; are we playing or did we played that "progressive, quick and attacking" football? No, we didn't. But nevermind.
Poch is solution and we should hire him tomorrow. But we will not

starman

"Why not bring in Poch"

Because he is unconvincing and we dont have that world class striker for him to fall back on.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Let's bring an ex legend player in, it'll be a great morale booster.....

BlueHaze

Stick Marco Rose on that list and you've got a good set of options who are not any of the top clubs in Europe. But then again, if we hire a competent DOF he might go for someone who's the 'next' Nagelsmann, Rose or Ten Haag.
Yes but it's all ifs and buts mate when you know just as well as I do that the chances of these charlatans hiring a solid DoF let alone hire one in the first place is slim to none. They can't get anything right, simple as that.