Carrick testimonial | Sunday June 4th 14:30 BST

Gause

That Scholes pass to Wayne, good Lord..imagine if we had him and Pogba this season. We would've had a lot more of missed chances.

Fracture90

That Scholes pass to Wayne, good Lord..imagine if we had him and Pogba this season. We would've had a lot more of missed chances.
Sublime pass, great anticipation and run in from Rooney...dogshiit finish tho.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm still furious about this.

Yet another draw at home. When will things change? Genuinely believe Mourinho should go. I mean he wasn't involved yesterday but you could see the players were scared to attack and kept reverting to 6 at the back.

Simply not good enough.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Also, was this the best testimonial United have ever put on? I can't think of a better one.
most recently have been part of the preseason friendly schedule so were taken too seriously on the pitch - this kind of exhibiton match atmosphere works much better

Although I do remember than Ian Brown sang 'This Is The One' live at Gary Neville's testimonial so that was a highlight but I dont remember much about the match TBH

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Rooney didn't look a bit out of place with all the older lads who have retired did he? :lol: Enjoyed that yesterday.. Seedorf at 41 could definitely play football still. Baller he is

ROFLUTION

Rooney didn't look a bit out of place with all the older lads who have retired did he? :lol: Enjoyed that yesterday.. Seedorf at 41 could definitely play football still. Baller he is
Just a for fun match, but some of the big chances he missed :eek: You could see how naturally it still was for Park, Scholes, Giggs to do what they did.

Oldyella

Was a great testmonial. Sure some of the older boys could still do a job for some prem clubs. Park, I am sure, is some kind of robot.

The whole Rooney thing was bizarre though, like the one guy who turns up for a kick about on a saturday morning and you hope is on your team cause you cant be arsed with dealing with him launching people when hes forgotten how to trap a ball. The Begbie of football.

And Hargreaves? Very weird. As funny as it would be, I hope he was injured and asked not to play or thats awful making him sit there. The old man never forgets!

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Just a for fun match, but some of the big chances he missed :eek: You could see how naturally it still was for Park, Scholes, Giggs to do what they did.
Someone forgot to tell Rooney it was for fun, he was busting his balls and going mental at the ref :lol: completely agree, loved when the ball dropped for keane, looked like he has open net and somehow Park appears from behind VDS to block it!

Mr.Plow

I kept having to remind myself that it was a testimonial. Didn't seem strange at all seeing those players again. That was the team I grew up watching so I guess they're just ingrained in my brain.

Miscemayl

And Hargreaves? Very weird. As funny as it would be, I hope he was injured and asked not to play or thats awful making him sit there. The old man never forgets!
Yeah, very strange. Hope he's actually injured too.
Would be very small time to make him sit on the bench for 90 mins in a testimonial for charity.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yeah, very strange. Hope he's actually injured too.
Would be very small time to make him sit on the bench for 90 mins in a testimonial for charity.
If he was injured he'd have just withdrawn like Lampard or Gerrard. Makes no sense to make the bench for a testimonial. I think it was just Fergie being a dick to him.

SATA

I nearly pissed myself when Carrick thanked himself during his opening speech, and then went on to correct it. Got the crowd going as well

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I'm still furious about this.

Yet another draw at home. When will things change? Genuinely believe Mourinho should go. I mean he wasn't involved yesterday but you could see the players were scared to attack and kept reverting to 6 at the back.

Simply not good enough.
You are doing it right. Keep it up, lad.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Ahh. What a man Michael Carrick. Truly a legend of this amazing club. Lovely to see SAF. So many players, it seems such a short time ago, really. Great to see the appreciation Carrick has among his playing peers. Old people can dab all they like cos oldies are cool now. Didn't anyone tell ya? Thats all; only maybe to shout out to (the real) people in the caf; keep showing your class.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Had some work so watched it this evening... Class man and class player is our Michael. And it was great, fitting testimonial.

Denis79

Fantastic testimonial for a fantastic player. Man.. Scholes still has that magic touch.

Giggs86

Also, was this the best testimonial United have ever put on? I can't think of a better one.
Which one was it where the whole class of '92 showed up and Beckham's son got to play also? Was it Gary Neville's?

That one was also great.

Giggs86

Funny to see after the final whistle how Gary Neville and Carragher standing there laughing like two best mates.

I actually like Carragher after he retired and always enjoy his banter with Neville.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Hey I will have a go at Rooney:

He is shit and is not looking out of place when alongside retired/overweight, ex-professional footballers.

I'd love to see how you defend against that. :p
So he isn't our top goalscorer of all time? Refute that with your nonsense...

AdNani

Funny to see after the final whistle how Gary Neville and Carragher standing there laughing like two best mates.

I actually like Carragher after he retired and always enjoy his banter with Neville.
Never thought I'd say this, but Carragher actually is a likeable guy nowadays, banter between him and Neville is easily the best thing about sky nowadays

Yagami

Good post resistant
If we had Herrera and Pogba sandwiched between 12/13 Carrick at the base, and 02/03 Scholes at the top, we'd have the perfect diamond!