Carrick testimonial | Sunday June 4th 14:30 BST

Art Vandelay

That's the most I've enjoyed watching us in months. The magic of a Scholes drilled pass to the wing never goes away. It was great seeing the old players again.

I just wish we'd signed Evra back when he was available. Even just as cover and to help provide a bit of leadership.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Does anyone know if this is being repeated or highlights? I missed it on ITV sadly and don't have MUTV anymore.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There hasn't been a queue for at least the last 6 years, as far as I know. Give them a call, you're pretty much guaranteed a ticket.
Although I got my first one 4 years ago as late as mid August, i'm pretty sure all season tickets have gone way way earlier the last 2 years, so very much a case of get in asap if you have any desire to get one.
And you may have to suck it up in some high and wide position for a year first

Unlikely lad

Although I got my first one 4 years ago as late as mid August, i'm pretty sure all season tickets have gone way way earlier the last 2 years, so very much a case of get in asap if you have any desire to get one.
And you may have to suck it up in some high and wide position for a year first
Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Zii

Man Rooney is so past it, It looked about it his level out there sadly , I managed to spot him when I was walking up to the ground, he was right next to me waiting to go in and I just noticed and gave him a wave :drool:, favourite player ever but he is so done at the top level sadly lol. Really enjoyed the event though! Security was top notch and put me at ease. Full searches and even carpark searches with mirrors under cars and armed police. Event was great and loved seeing the old group back together

Favourite moment was when this one guy had been trying to start a chant and nobody was joining in, eventually he start bellowing out "if your happy and you know it clap your hands" and we did haha.

Last edited:

redflash

Yeah was a good day. Took my 3 year old daughter and nephew to their first game at OT and the loved it.

Top moment was G Nevs volley

Happy Carrick scored such a good goal in Front of Stratford as well.

dogwithabone

I don't see any of it but was there anything from Rooney to suggest it was a farewell from him ? Im hoping so.

Acole9

Outstanding
That's how you put on a testimonial, excellent idea having the 2008 team back. It felt weird seeing them all back in United gear.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Got back a little while ago, what a fantastic day. Really enjoyed it. Well done to Michael and the club - 70,000 people!

Noc-Z

ffs
Too many draws this team, story of our season! :D

Nah I had a great day out. Thought Seedorf looked class and Park put in some effort!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Good day out, sadly lacking in enough people wanting to sing the songs especially after he asked for it. 70,027 though if I remember correctly which is a testament to how great he's been for 11 years.

Standard testimonial fare on the pitch but great to see so many great players both back in our colours and in the opposing team. Seedorf is still brilliant.

Had excellent seats in the NW quadrant.

Pavl3n

That Carrick goal, how good was it?
He couldn't hit it more clean and accurate. Amazing.

prateik

It was amazing. You could see why the 08 team was so good. Fantastic players.

Absolute joy to watch.

Best testimonial ever?

Josep Dowling

Seedorf was the stand out player for the Allstars.

Was a really good game to watch, shame the crowd was not at all interested in singing today though. I know it was a testimonial but is it always that quiet these days?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I haven't got time to go through the last few pages so sorry if this has been mentioned.

Did anyone notice how stressed Ed Woodward looked in the crowd ? Or does he always have a serial killer look going on.

bri2013

Does anyone know if this is being repeated or highlights? I missed it on ITV sadly and don't have MUTV anymore.
It's available to watch on the itv player hub on catch up tv if you have it.

Edit- You already know!

RedMilo

Scary to think Louis Saha looked more dangerous than current first team player Rooney!! How the mighty has fallen, he has to move in this summer for his own sake as much as ours.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good day out, sadly lacking in enough people wanting to sing the songs especially after he asked for it. 70,027 though if I remember correctly which is a testament to how great he's been for 11 years.

Standard testimonial fare on the pitch but great to see so many great players both back in our colours and in the opposing team. Seedorf is still brilliant.

Had excellent seats in the NW quadrant.
That looks like my season tickets view!!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's the most I've enjoyed watching us in months. The magic of a Scholes drilled pass to the wing never goes away. It was great seeing the old players again.

I just wish we'd signed Evra back when he was available. Even just as cover and to help provide a bit of leadership.
With the amount of games and injuries we had at the end of the season - and our tendancy to play 3/5 at the back - I don't think anyone could dismiss how useful he could have been. Shame it never happened really.