Casare Casadei (Player of Tournament U-20 World Cup | Chelsea Player)

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Another exciting prospect to watch out for in the future. Under great management that he currently has, he could really turn out to be something special. Will be break out next season or will he be overlooked due to Chelsea needs to return to the top?

Irrational.

Another exciting prospect to watch out for in the future. Under great management that he currently has, he could really turn out to be something special. Will be break out next season or will he be overlooked due to Chelsea needs to return to the top?
Expect 3-4 back to back loans, an unsuccessful spell in the first team before being sold to Everton for £25 million.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Anonymous in the final. In fairness, they were all shite so maybe he deserves some credit getting them there.

redsunited

Did anything great happened recently?

Malkovich

It will be interesting to see how Chelsea ruin this guy's, Kendry Paez's and Andrey's career

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He had an up and down 6 month loan spell at Reading, who got relegated to League Two but perhaps it wasn’t a great loan destination for him.

People say he ready to be part of the first team next season. If he’s as good people say he is, then I think Poch should have a good look at him this summer and assess if he’s ready.

I haven’t seen a single minute of this U20 WC but in the youth games I saw him play in he looked like it was too easy for him - too quick, too strong, too good for that level of competition.

Inter fans were very upset to lose him. They said he was the standout talent in their academy.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
It sounds like he had a great tournament. It'll be interesting to see what happens to him.

I think CM is a very difficult position for big six clubs to bring youth players into the team. Obviously a player needs technical ability but the combination of physical and tactical requirements is just really high and unusual to find in a young player. And with the way the game works now, you can't let a young CM learn on the job or he will lose you points. Unlike a forward, there aren't many situations where you can bring the player on comfortably for 20 minutes at the end of a match and unlike a fullback you can't put him out there and give him a relatively simple job to focus on. If you're in midfield you have a ton of responsibility. You can obviously always loan the player but finding the right loan is difficult in terms of a team that plays football that will prepare them for being at a club like Chelsea.

The best "real CMs" - ie, players who could comfortably play in a double pivot (I don't count Mount there) - to come through at big six clubs over the last 10 years and really establish themselves have probably been MacTominay and Winks, which sort of says it all. Some of that is a lack of talent but even when clubs have had players with the requisite talent level who could be developed as CMs they've tended to shift them to other positions where its easier to integrate into the first team (Foden, TAA) or just sold them (Lavia, Guendouzi, etc). Its just much much easier and less risky (although obviously more expensive) to buy young midfielders who have proven and established themselves in the first team at other clubs.

I think Chelsea are facing this problem with Casadei, Carney, and Santos but also United with Mejbri, Arsenal with Patino, Liverpool with some of their young midfielders, City faced it with Lavia, etc. Its hard to create pathways for these players.

If I was the agent of a top young midfielder, I would rather my player be at a smaller PL club and only look to move to a big six club once they'd established themselves.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Looked decent in preseason. Just been announced he's going to Leicester on loan for the season. Will keep a keen eye on him.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He’s an incredibly progressive and creative passer. He’s also got quite a few goals in him. I think you will be thrilled.
hope so him and KDH both as the high 8 should mean goals from midfield in the championship

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
@mods can someone kindly correct the first name in the thread title? Keep calling him ka-za-ray in my head every time I see this thread and it's doing my head in.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
I’m glad he’s getting a lot of good minutes it will help. Part of me thinks he’s better than Carney right now though .