Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

I know he’s quality at all his defensive attributes but what’s he like with range of passing?
He gets the ball to a player in the same shirt. That is already a big improvement over McT. He isnt going to split defenses with his vision and passing though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Yeah I'm more annoyed by the lack of work on a new striker than not getting FDJ. Everyone in English football will make this about United but, as I understand it, the bigger issue is Barca trying to stiff him on tens of millions of euros so they can spend it on the best players from 2014.
Lack of work is bit worrying indeed, especially since August. I'm perplexed more than annoyed we decided to go after Rabiot first, while clearly the better player was there in Casemiro.

We just wasted one week of precious time dealing with mother of a player that lost place in French team for a reason...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He has always been an overrated money-grabbing fat prick. Put a traffic cone, or worse, McTominay in that Real midfield and they would've won the same amount of trophies.
I was clearly joking lads. Never doubted his integrity or ability. He is the best DM of all time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For United. It will be in the clubs interest not to have players around 35 years who are on 300k contracts. At that age, they probably cannot even play the full season without a lot of resting required.

But yeah, I get that the only reason he would consider to come is because of the longer contract. It's a deal with the devil we have to make.
But you accept that the is also making a deal with the devil?

One thing that we need to keep in mind is that United never had a divine right to impose its wishes? At the time SAF earned that privilege by being successful, no one else was in a similar situation everyone else at the exception of maybe Real Madrid(who offered Casemiro a contract that we likely wouldn't have) had to compromise and make deals that weren't ideal, that's Football for 99.9% of clubs. It will likely upset some but United isn't special, SAF was, now we have to operate like everyone else.

suhaylah

Casemiro seems more like a Glazer's signing (galactico one) rather than an ETH signing.

Raw

Incredible signing. Incredible how quick we've done it too. If only we didn't waste a whole summer on FdJ!

RedIan

Lack of work is bit worrying indeed, especially since August. I'm perplexed more than annoyed we decided to go after Rabiot first, while clearly the better player was there in Casemiro.

We just wasted one week of precious time dealing with mother of a player that lost place in French team for a reason...
nonsense, you go after several options knowing probably only one of three will work out. If you put all your eggs in one basket and that fails you have no where to go. I suspect once United realised that Casamiro was likely they dropped Rabiot as the Casamiro was the preferred signing.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Graham Hunter isn’t happy:

Bizarre video. Not that hard to realise that, just like Varane, a player has won it all in Spain and he's intrigued by the prospect of testing himself in another league and country.

If I was a top footballer, I'd want to either just play for United as long as they wanted me, or if they didn't I'd travel around Europe to play in all different leagues and experience different cultures.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
If rumours are true (if he signs) that we're paying €70m, giving him a 4+1 contract and putting him on a very high wage for a 30 year old player accustomed to playing at a far different pace to the PL and with far better players then we just haven't learned a thing on our past mistakes.

It took Rodri a year to become accustomed to the pace and he's a lot younger. Saul was also putting up fantastic numbers at Atlético but was a total failure at Chelsea even if his minutes where limited. Is Casemiro better than what we have? Of course he is and if it was the Casemiro of 5 years ago then I'd be all over the transfer but I don't think in todays market its worth forking out so much on a player coming from a very successful club into a shit storm where its going to be very hard for him to find motivation other than his paycheck. A big no from me.

saik

All the people saying Modric, Fernandinho, T.Silva, Makelele are all outliers for playing well into their late 30's do you all also agree that Cannavaro was an outlier for being world class CB despite being short or does that logic only apply to players and their ages ?

Status
Not open for further replies.