Not open for further replies.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I won't get into this unless he's holding a United shirt.:drool::wenger:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Why are we "addressing the weakest area of our team" 2 weeks before the transfer window closes? :lol:
Not to put a spin that would make the club seem competent but Real Madrid don't need money they need players, so it is possible that United contacted them a while ago and Real Madrid either recently thought that it was a feasible idea or have been looking for a replacement that they lack and only found it recently.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This should put an end to any Declan Rice business.
He isn't even close to a 70m player let alone 100m. Sure West Ham might not need the money but lets see if them rejecting big offers will come to bite them later.

ForeverRed1

He’s a top player but this signing shows we haven’t learnt anything and we don’t have a strategy. We’re going to pay 60million for a 30 year old on big wages. It will be fine for now but why aren’t we finding the next Casemiro. Why aren’t we thinking long term. We constantly make these signings. Don’t get me wrong we could do with this guy and let’s hope he’s a modric who can play at the top level for the next 5/6 years but what if he isn’t? Then what?

anyone can pick Casemiro out of a crowd.. what the hell are our recruitment teams doing out there. Anyone of us could say sign this guy. we just keep buying superstars. Obvious transfers.

dont Get me wrong; he’s a top player, this post is more on the side of questioning our recruitment team. So many young and up and coming DMS have been sold this summer.. why didn’t we get one or two of them for the same price ? What are these guys doing?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Even with Casemiro, we still need a player that can dictate a tempo of a game.
Question is.. can Eriksen do that alongside Casemiro and Fred now with actual defensive solidity?
Rashford Martial Sancho
Fred Casemiro Eriksen
Malacia Martinez Varane Dalot
De Gea​

Burt saying we're still in for a few other positions, ideally we could get Ronaldo out, Morata in, a right back in, pulisic on loan to rotate with Rashford and Sancho and it wouldn't look so bad IMO. The annoying part would be - why not do it months ago.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
He’s a top player but this signing shows we haven’t learnt anything and we don’t have a strategy. We’re going to pay 60million for a 30 year old on big wages. It will be fine for now but why aren’t we finding the next Casemiro. Why aren’t we thinking long term. We constantly make these signings. Don’t get me wrong we could do with this guy and let’s hope he’s a modric who can play at the top level for the next 5/6 years but what if he isn’t? Then what?

anyone can pick Casemiro out of a crowd.. what the hell are our recruitment teams doing out there. Anyone of us could say sign this guy. we just keep buying superstars. Obvious transfers.

dont Get me wrong; he’s a top player, this post is more on the side of questioning our recruitment team. So many young and up and coming DMS have been sold this summer.. why didn’t we get one or two of them for the same price ?
This guy/gal gets it

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Fred and Casemiro the heart of midfield for club and country. The least Brazilian players to ever play for Brazil. Be great craic. Hope it happens.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No we should not pair him with Fred

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think a midfield of Fred-Casemiro-Eriksen ticks all of those boxes. You can also play Bruno there because you have the defensive cover.
Even if we don't get another player over the line, you'd have hope that that midfield can enable us to compete for 4th. Fred isn't a great, rounded midfielder, but in terms of being a harasser and terrier, he'll work opposition players into Casemiro's path all day long. It gives us a base that simply hasn't existed since Matic's first half-season here. Eriksen gets more time to work, although he really would have to be exceptional in terms of usage of the ball in that midfield given nobody else can use it creatively.

Still, tactically, it unlocks so many doors for us. It's a thread in itself, but that's for another time - where we aren't bluffed and missing out on signing him for whatever reason.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

dont Get me wrong; he’s a top player, this post is more on the side of questioning our recruitment team. So many young and up and coming DMS have been sold this summer.. why didn’t we get one or two of them for the same price ?
Its tough to make long term signings who can develop here with the team in disarray. So many of our other signings would have done better if we just had a solid base to build from. Guys like Martial and Rashford, who knows how they would've developed if they weren't forced to be the star players asap.

We missed out on Guimaraes who we should have gone for, but Casemiro in would be great for a few years, and then possibly we can go for Rice next when his contract is done at West Ham. Sometimes you need a high level stop gap, you just need to know how to transition. Cavani could have been a great stop gap for 2 years until Haaland. Instead we got Ronaldo ahead of City, went in turmoil and Haaland went to City instead. You have to follow through with the plan to make the stop gap worth it. Casemiro of course is a lot younger and in his prime still, could easily be key for 4 years. Gives Ten Hag a chance to do his thing and stop the free fall.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Paying this much for a 30 year old who would be a sub for most of the year until one of Fred/mctominay gets injured seems like a bad plan actually, I've changed my mind

saivet

Are there any compilation of him receiving the ball from the keeper and playing out from the back? I know winning the ball back is one of his core strengths but how do we think he will cope receiving the ball under pressure deep when playing out?

Madrid and Brazil play quite a different style to what ETH requires, so while he is a good player there is a bit of adaptation for him to do.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Is anyone going to be surprised if you suddenly see a shitty version of Casemiro in United?

Casemiro needs to be partnered with a playmaker who can operate from the back.

De Jong would need to be partnered with player who could hold position and could bring defensive stability.

No one alone would be the solution. Ideally we would need both to fix this dysfunctional midfield and I would not care if we could just sign loans for the other positions.

Tiki-Taka

Are there any compilation of him receiving the ball from the keeper and playing out from the back? I know winning the ball back is one of his core strengths but how do we think he will cope receiving the ball under pressure deep when playing out?

Madrid and Brazil play quite a different style to what ETH requires, so while he is a good player there is a bit of adaptation for him to do.
We would certainly need another midfielder, having Martinez should help a bit however.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No we should not pair him with Fred
I think that we shouldn't use pairings in the first place, a midfield three seems obvious to me. If only Bruno was able to be a competent CM.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
You're a bunch of moaners, I'm so excited. When is the last time we excited legitimately the best player in the world in their position?

That's right, Harry Maguire, THREE YEARS AGO!

Bring it on!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If we get this done tonight, is it possible Casemiro flys over tonight and has his medicals and registers tomorrow so he can go straight in against Liverpool?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
The trolling more than anything

Adding nothing to the discussion
You literally replied "how boring" to my points about his wage packet and our transfer strategy :lol: what have you brought to the discussion?

waza7111

Casemiro alone will not be enough. Still need another more creative option.

The1974s

If United sign Casimiro then it sums up us as a club under these rats . He's 30 and hasn't got the pace for the English game , if you were getting him for 10/15 million then maybe it's worth a gamble but for the money being talked it's pure madness .
It's another Schweinsteiger in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.