Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
I’m the same- not really overly excited. We are like the MLS- Players that are just over their peak coming for a final payday.

Bring back the days of signing younger players on the rise.

Atheist

I’m the same- not really overly excited. We are like the MLS- Players that are just over their peak coming for a final payday.

Bring back the days of signing younger players on the rise.
Just like Sancho/Lindelof, right? That's worked out great so far.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
You are right but Erickson isn't bad at that either. Of course, someone with more playmaking would be appreciated. If only Bruno was more sensible with the ball he would be perfect against Casemeiro. Heck, he still might be!
With somebody who actually understands how to play the dm position, I think Eriksen could play that 2nd cm role tbh. He's very good at progressing the ball. Don't see us getting anyone else for cm before end of this window so best to just be happy we've finally got a dm.
I hope you guys correct but I feel we should aim for a midfield with Casemiro, Caqueret and Eriksen.

I'm happy we have Casemiro and maybe the plan is to introduce some of the younger players like Hannibal, Iqbal and Mainoo in the next few years as the player(s) who could develop into the creative #6/#8.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I hope you guys correct but I feel we should aim for a midfield with Casemiro, Caqueret and Eriksen.

I'm happy we have Casemiro and maybe the plan is to introduce some of the younger players like Hannibal, Iqbal and Mainoo in the next few years as the player(s) who could develop into the creative #6/#8.
Caqueret is going nowhere this summer.

AdNani

Is he fook, half the people fawning over this signing have probably never watched a game of his. He is a decent player but one of the best midfielders of the last decade :houllier:
I struggle to see how anyone who's watched Casemiro play over the last decade has come to the conclusion he's not one of the best midfielders.

He's the best DM in the world and has been for some time.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Another mercenary.

Dazzmondo

Didn't Caqueret just sign a new contract this season? If so don't think there's much chance of him moving this year.

Real Name

Really hard to get excited about this. He’s a decent player but the reported 70 mil + add ons is an absolute joke. Real laughing all the way to the bank and Casemiro making a quick exit probably realising his playing time was about to get reduced due to Camavinga and Tchouameni.

United are a complete joke. Recruitment is absolute piss. I hope he does well but see Him becoming another expensive mistake.
Decent player... Are you having a laugh? Might as well change your nickname to Andersons optician.

Withnail

Really hard to get excited about this. He’s a decent player but the reported 70 mil + add ons is an absolute joke. Real laughing all the way to the bank and Casemiro making a quick exit probably realising his playing time was about to get reduced due to Camavinga and Tchouameni.

United are a complete joke. Recruitment is absolute piss. I hope he does well but see Him becoming another expensive mistake.
Decent?? He's a million miles better than any midfielder we have and he's a DM at that. How anyone can be downbeat about this is baffling to me.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Is he fook, half the people fawning over this signing have probably never watched a game of his. He is a decent player but one of the best midfielders of the last decade :houllier:
Yep, you'd have to be a real football hipster to have somehow caught one of his games in (check notes)... MULTIPLE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINALS.

Suv666

Yeah its not like he has played in some sort of pan European competition which is watched by millions...

Doubt anyone has ever seen him play.

The Viper

I have no issues with his age, the money we paid for him or his wages as these will come into picture only if he doesn't perform per his usual (high) standards.
I just pray that he stays fit and turns out to be a brilliant signing for us. Even though he's one of the best DMs in the world, we've had so many terrible transfers in the last decade that any signing just doesn't fill me with much confidence anymore. Here's hoping for the best and change of luck this season.

DiceRoller

So what is the alternative?

Dont buy the best DM about and stick with the rubbish we have got?

I struggle to work out what they posts are about. Basically buy no one and stay shit forever is really the only option
don’t spend €70m on a 30 year old who thrives with better players around him unless you can acquire those better players before he turns 32.

Sort recruitment out so that we’re not buying piecemeal but adding multiple correct pieces simultaneously.

it’s quite simple really.

rbnZz

I am really happy with Casemiro, I think its crucial for us. Even more than Frenkie de Jong. We already had players who are comfortable at the ball like Eriksen and Fernandes but we didn't had a player like Casemiro, until now. Sometimes we compare our squad with Ajax to see how Ten Hag could play. Casemiro is like Alvarez.

Casemiro, with his experience, will help our defense a lot and he will stabilize it. If we have confidence that our defense is good, we can focus on attacking and scoring goals.

Reactions: Penna

wr8_utd

:'(
:houllier:Takes a redcafe poster to call Casemiro “decent”.
For those who have actually watched him play apart from the CL final last year, he most definitely is past his best. However, he's still multiple levels above what we have so it's a good deal for us.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
We used the Rabiot deal as a smoke screen.
Can he be registered on monday morning then play later that evening?

VivaRonaldo85

We’ve basically shit ourselves after the first two games so splurging millions on this guy but if we can get the version Madrid recently had, he’s top class and an instant high upgrade. Just hope we don’t get the Varane “sold down the river” version of a signing.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Didn't Caqueret just sign a new contract this season? If so don't think there's much chance of him moving this year.
He did sign a new contract but there's other players who I feel we can target of a similar profile. I don't believe Eriksen is a good fit in a deeper role and a additional midfielder with the mobility and requisite skillset is required to help us progress the play more effectively in the build up phase.

Someone like a Bennacer is another player who I feel we can target, and I'm sure there's quite a few other players of a similar profile that will be available to us who would make us a more functional team.

It has has also been reported in the Daily telegraph about United wanting one more midfielder before the window closes, so im hopeful.

George The Best

Absolutely thrilled with this. Up there with the best in the world in a position we’ve been lacking for so long. Now, if we could get Frenkie too that would be a hell of a midfield re-build.

Melvin Udall

Decent?? He's a million miles better than any midfielder we have and he's a DM at that. How anyone can be downbeat about this is baffling to me.
If he were coming on a 3-year contract for 30 million pounds, I’d be excited. But 60 million and a 4 year contract for a 30 year old is ridiculous. Even if the next few years show a lot of progress, he will need to be replaced by the time the club is ready to compete for trophies.

Amadevs

Supports
United
He's probably the best DM right now.
What concerns me is that not going for a deep laying playmaker but a natural DM basically means we are throwing all preaseason learning new Ten Hag's philisophy and tactics in the bin. I hope there will be another CM this window but I highly doubt it.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Excellent.
60 million on a 30 year old
This is good business
Delightful little appetizer to tide you over to the main course: antony for 100 million. Let me guess:

Excellent.
100 million on an unproven 22 year old
This is good business

Status
Not open for further replies.