Cavani sticking up for Greenwood

When he tackled someone they stayed tackled and he had a very serious scowl.
This is getting increasingly exaggerated over time. Yes he wasn't great at tackling and occasionally left a boot in - but he wasn't some kind of hard man midfielder and his poor tackles were not something that happened every game either, way just an occasional thing and over time became a narrative.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Herrera used to get involved like that a lot to be fair to him
He did, but he also got carried off the field by Mark Noble. I'm not saying we need to become utter bastards but exuding an attitude that makes people think twice before they push our players around is very welcome.

Gator Nate

With 20 minutes to go, Edi's got a yellow to give. It was worth it in the situation. I was actually a little surprised the ref didn't just drop it but at least he carded both.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
3 players getting involved who are relatively new to the club (even though it feels like Bruno has been here for ages).
What the hell were the rest doing? Softies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I love this. A bit of the United of old. But let’s be realistic here, it’s better to just walk away. Modern football is different now, a slight touch can be very dangerous according to VAR.
Agree. I love it because we need more of that and we got away with it, but if there's anything that I've always found flawed with Edi is how he gets red carded for things like that with absolutely nothing to gain from it. I can recall a few off the top of my head and was going "no, no, no, no" as it happened.

There was the ass-fingering one which basically gift-wrapped the Copa America for Chile, and even our last WCQ game, 71st minute, when 2-0 down to Brazil. What's the point? Should be thinking about the 3pts from the next qualifier first and foremost.