Cavani to Barca? | Expected to stay

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s gutting but I think he’s just generally fed up with the English FA and Premier League and the way they’ve treated him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
if we get a sizeable fee then yes but honestly we're far better keeping him as a backup this season. He's a great option off the bench.
We are not getting a sizeable fee for a 34 year old from Barcelona.

Wayne's World

feck, I'd be gutted If he left because with Ronaldo and Cavani, there's no doubt we'd bang in goals all season from the striker options we have with Greenwood, Sancho getting a few on the act too

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Fantastic player, sad if he leaves but I can understand it.

Does that make us slightly light at the top though? (I mean rotation wise)

Eddy_JukeZ

Ronaldo, Greenwood and Martial.

We should be fine.

I would prefer to keep Cavani, but he didn't want to stay another season in the 1st place.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think there’s enough time. Plus, Barca are skint & already have strikers. Cant see them dropping 250k a week on him

gorky_utd

Should be atleast 15-20m fee for a striker with so much quality. Even bankrupt, farca are trying to unsettle other club players. Didn't those idiots asked for Felix loan or something

Green Arrow

I don't want him to leave gives us that extra something up front against teams where we might be struggling.

We do have Martial and Greenwood but depends how well Ole rotates and what tactics he is going to use.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
We are not getting a sizeable fee for a 34 year old from Barcelona.
Then we keep him. There's a premium to be paid when a club is faffing around trying to buy a player in the last minute of the window. So either Barca pay up or we tell them where to go. Knowing our board though, we'll probably give into the player's wishes.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Can’t see it happening. How can Barca afford a fee and his wages?
It seems they are just reaching out to everyone (see Felix) in a last desperate attempt.

pascell

This would be great for the Glazers, the saving on his wages to help facilitate Ronaldos means less out of the clubs accounts, especially breaking even on transfer fees for the summer once James is sold.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If he wants to go, let him go.

The reality is that Ronaldo will be starting at CF for us in most games in the major competitions and we have Greenwood and Martial to fill in for the rest.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can’t see it happening. How can Barca afford a fee and his wages?
It seems they are just reaching out to everyone (see Felix) in a last desperate attempt.
I doubt there will be a fee

Utd77

You have to keep your quality players, not offload them, Cavani is quality and it would be a terrible mistake to offload him.

Rajma

Makes sense from his perspective he’s arguably a better number 9 than Ronaldo at this stage of their careers and offers more so to sit on the bench as a star player isn’t an option, unless Ole plans on playing both at the same but that would be mean constantly benching one of the Sancho/Greenwood pair. Also, all the unrelated stuff from EPL and England must be contributing too.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
£20 million or feck off. He they pay that then we have done fantastically, otherwise let’s keep him because he’s a top player.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Makes sense from his perspective he’s arguably a better number 9 than Ronaldo at this stage of their careers and offers more so to sit on the bench as a star player isn’t an option, unless Ole plans on playing both at the same.
Hes miles off Ronaldo even now but that doesn’t mean he won’t continue to contribute!

RUCK4444

Is this because they’ve realised Memphis is a bit meh after Aguero’s injury?

Tell em to feck off unless one of their decent midfielders is coming the other way. Tell em Murdoch

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Don't blame him wanting to go, we concinved him to stay this season by the skin of our teeth. The quarantine rules were probably the last straw.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Makes sense from his perspective he’s arguably a better number 9 than Ronaldo at this stage of their careers and offers more so to sit on the bench as a star player isn’t an option, unless Ole plans on playing both at the same but that would be mean constantly benching one of the Sancho/Greenwood.
How is he a better 9 than the GOAT goalscorer?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Aguero, Griezmann, Depay, Dembele. Keep on adding players Barca. Break those wage limits. Then when it all goes wrong sell them players like youre selling technology products on Alibaba.

ManRed

Lingard deal falling through is the only reason I see this go through. Not happy but can understand if this happens.

Rajma

How is he a better 9 than the GOAT goalscorer?
Ronaldo is not your pure 9 and he doesn’t offer much on the ball at this stage if you have seen him playing for Juventus/Portugal, he’s just a poacher right now.

jackal&hyde

If he wants to go, let him go.

The reality is that Ronaldo will be starting at CF for us in most games in the major competitions and we have Greenwood and Martial to fill in for the rest.
I don't want to see him go but this makes sense.