Cavani's header vs Roma and Rooney's header vs Milan

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

It's similar isn't it. Run, pass and the space.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Throw in Ronaldos and we have scored some great headers against them.

StBruno

Agreed. Another similarity is the feeling of ‘ near certainty’ you get from Cavani , that he is gonna bury chances

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Rooney was absolutely lethal in front of goal that year. If he hadn't got that injury in the Allianz Arena, we'd have likely have won our 4th PL title in a row and got to another CL final.

OverratedOpinion

Great ball from Fletcher that.

Bruno's was obviously class but I forgot that goal from Rooney.

Dolf

The Cavani one is better imo. The defender doesn't even know he got away from behind him.

Oranges038

Remarkably similar.

Wonder if there are many other goals out there that are almost the same like that.

BorisManUtd

Rooney was absolutely lethal in front of goal that year. If he hadn't got that injury in the Allianz Arena, we'd have likely have won our 4th PL title in a row and got to another CL final.
Agree, I loved that 2010 Rooney, he was unstoppable. We should've got through against Bayern even without him but still missed him. Lost title to Chelsea at Old Trafford as well without him.

bosskeano

both were fantastic finishes but i think Cavani's had a bit more difficulty in the finish due to the angle of his run

what that shows though is just how badly we've been missing just a world class goal scorer up top since the likes of Rooney and RvP left United. That finish just shows why Ole is so intent on keeping Cavani for another season.

Martial NEVER would have put that in the back of the net. Hell, he never would have made that blind back post run.