Celebrity Allegations, #MeToo etc

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html

Has anybody been following this story which the New York Times broke on Thursday? Why are sexual assault, sexual harassment and other heinous acts so commonplace in Hollywood, and why are they covered up time after time? Weinstein, Polanski, Allen, Hitchcock, Cosby - to name some - all have had sexual assault allegations made against them, yet most are still protected, and revered, in their Hollywood bubble today.

Marcelinho87

Fame = power and money which = protection.

The norm is boring to these people so they engage in these acts instead.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not sure if Cosby or even Polanski is revered in Hollywood. I also don't think it is a problem symptomatic to just Hollywood as @Marcelinho87 has said money and power = protection. Look how long it took to take down Ailes and O'Reilly and most of Fox News is still in denial about it.

Least surprising sexual assault culprit ever.
Nothing can top Jimmy Saville. He just looks like one.

cyberman

Not worth a separate thread but Andy Signore from Screen Junkies is also accused of sexual assault so the entire channel is a bust.
Looks like YouTube Armageddon is on the way with whispers of further accusations to come

FlawlessThaw

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's well known by now that shady stuff goes on in Hollywood but when you make money for people they'll protect you.

FlawlessThaw

Not worth a separate thread but Andy Signore from Screen Junkies is also accused of sexual assault so the entire channel is a bust.
Looks like YouTube Armageddon is on the way with whispers of further accusations to come
Just been reading all the stuff coming out on twitter. I watch Movie fights weekly, and I know that Signore just did a show with the victim's boyfriend. Signore comes across as a real creep based on leaked private messages.

cyberman

@FlawlessThaw
Yeah, I can't understand how the boyfriend of a sexual assult victim could smile and crack jokes with the pervert who also threatened their livelihood.
I couldn't do it, I'd at least troll the shit out of him with DM jokes on a live feed just to feck with him.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The amount of protection you receive is directly proportionate to the amount of money people can make off of you.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal

kps88

I don't think the channel is a bust. They'll rightfully sack Signore and continue on. All the personalities associated with the channel have already sided with the victims.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

cyberman

@kps88
Apparently the management refused to act on allegations for months while various personalities (Jahns, Mundy) have refused to work with them for over a year due to the behind the scenes atmosphere.
I like the channel but they are funded by sponsors and not view counts. If this were Andy alone then fair enaugh but Screen Junkies itself is now in trouble for letting it happen.
Its a shame and I hope they survive but its looking like a toxic brand. Hopefully they branch out and start again, they'd be stupid not to

Silva

this could open up a whole can of worms that will make yewtree pale in comparison.
Seems unlikely. There's been much worse allegations of sexual aggression in Hollywood/American media that have come to nothing. Much like Yewtree it won't happen until the worst offenders are already dead and the protection money dries up.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
this could open up a whole can of worms that will make yewtree pale in comparison.
Read today an article about Corey Haim and Feldman's days as young actors in Hollywood. Depressing read. Feldman said that his relationship with Michael Jackson was the healthiest he had, that's how fecked up it was.

And Elijah Wood spoke something about abuses, not sure what came out of that.

Donk87

Supports
Arsenal
That would be quite an astonishing breach of professionalism by Bloom if that's her actual reasoning. Even her mother, Gloria Allred, seems to have problems with her representing Weinstein after he did stuff like this.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...stein-made-watch-masturbate-article-1.3546655
I wasn't commenting on her professionalism, simply highlighting that they had a working relationship of sorts (even if via intermediaries or agents).

Edit - Timing! Just seen your tweet on her dropping him.

Ace of Spades

@cyberman

I think it was only the people in HR who did not take the case seriously, when one of the victims went to complain about it. The other people from the show are not involved in this it seems, seem to be genuinely in the dark with the whole issue.

As for the toxic atmosphere, seems like that is a separate issue altogether about behind the scenes politics.

FlawlessThaw

What on Earth has this got to do with Trump?
Well he is also part of that Hollywood/TV elite isn't he, and in the same vein mentioned in the OP. He has been acccused of sexual assault and harrassment by at least fifteen women since the 1980s.

Reiterates the point that money and fame provides protection.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
What on Earth has this got to do with Trump?
I've seen a few right-wing personalities/websites quote the Clintons on Weinstein so appears to be fair game, and bring up Weinsten's WH visits (unlike the current administration, Obama's WH released the visitors logs). It's an immediate hit job by right-wing trolls to point out Hollywood problems and apparent double standards due to the liberal ideology within; anyone with half an active brain cell knows Hollywood has some serious problems ongoing for decades. This stuff is not surprising yet gives one side the chance to create nonsensical (and often fake) news stories, aka hit pieces.

Basically, point the finger at another when yer top man admitted to being a sexual assaulter. Pot meet kettle, or predator/rapist meet predator/rapist in this case.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Thought it was Emma Watson.

Silva

Watson, so vocal on feminist issues before, is noticeably silent on this one. She's not alone in this regard either. The silence from the Hollywood elite is deafening.
Buchan, vocal liberal in his imagination, is notably silent on Trumps sexual abuse claims. He's not alone on this regard either, the silence from dipshits on 4chan is deafening.

I unfortunately wandered into your little circles just now and all of a sudden the tone of this thread makes a lot more sense than it did a short while ago. This case has been politicised by the far right. For anyone more fortunate than myself who doesn't wander into the internets dark corners - the logic is that Harvey donates money to the Democratic party. Which of course means that there's this massive conspiracy on the left to ignore his alleged sex crimes. Because that's what the left famously does, it hides the sex crimes of hollywood elites, like in Pizzagate. And obviously this has been met with obvious "But Trump, O'Rielly" from the left leading to a total online shitshow.

And for all their claims I haven't seen anyone defend Weinstein while notable so called hollywood elites like Lena Dunham have tweeted support for the women who have come forward. All the left leaning papers in the meantime have been publishing articles along the lines of "hollywood's open secret - how the industry was complicit in protecting sex crimes".

But you know, vocal feminist Emma Watson hasn't personally held a press conference in front of the world media, so silly feminist women are protecting him. What a load of shit.

Last edited:

Will Absolute

Buchan, vocal liberal in his imagination, is notably silent on Trumps sexual abuse claims. He's not alone on this regard either, the silence from dipshits on 4chan is deafening.

I unfortunately wandered into your little circles just now and all of a sudden the tone of this thread makes a lot more sense than it did a short while ago. This case has been politicised by the far right. For anyone more fortunate than myself who doesn't wander into the internets dark corners - the logic is that Harvey donates money to the Democratic party. Which of course means that there's this massive conspiracy on the left to ignore his alleged sex crimes. Because that's what the left famously does, it hides the sex crimes of hollywood elites, like in Pizzagate. And obviously this has been met with obvious "But Trump, O'Rielly" from the left leading to a total online shitshow.

And for all their claims I haven't seen anyone defend Weinstein while notable so called hollywood elites like Lena Dunham have tweeted support for the women who have come forward. All the left leaning papers in the meantime have been publishing articles along the lines of "hollywood's open secret - how the industry was complicit in protecting sex crimes".

But you know, vocal feminist Emma Watson hasn't personally held a press conference in front of the world media, so silly feminist women are protecting him. What a load of shit
Yes, a double standard is applied in cases of this nature. The entire American liberal community, including many prominent feminists, rushed to the support of Bill Clinton when he was under fire for sexual misconduct. Longstanding pontification about the horrors of sexual harassment was abandoned like an unwanted infant, and it was Clinton's accusers who came under scrutiny - the kind of reaction liberals had been condemning for years. When Kathleen Willey accused Clinton of molesting her on a visit to the Oval Office after her husband's death, the liberal magazine Newsweek published a story entitled: 'The trouble with..........Kathleen Willey'!!

As for all the women in the industry who have come forward, where were they for the last thirty years? It's safe to come down from the mountains to shoot the wounded now, there's blood in the water and all the sharks can safely join in the feeding frenzy, but why didn't anyone have the integrity and courage to speak out before?

This guy's behaviour was well known, so why weren't Hollywood feminists, now so vocal, prepared to support their sisters and bring Weinstein down in the past? Because the possible risk to their careers outweighed any inclination to protect other women from a sexual predator.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I'm actually surprised:

That said, it isn't a surprise that predatory behaviour could survive in a powerful position for so long. It seems to be quite universal.