Gaming Celeste

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Anybody else play this?

It's so good but at the same time so frustrating. It's a simple platformer but it's tough to master. If you watch speed runners play you'll be blown away but playing the way they do requires months of dedication. I recommend this game for whichever console you have. It has a nice soundtrack too.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's brilliant and tbh this game's really not that hard, maybe from mirror temple level to the end it becomes more like trial and error thing, but I had way more challenge with Super Meat Boy, and it's definitely more difficult than Ori and The Blind Forest.

The music was better than the pixel art style itself. They really pushed for ambient atmosphere.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It's on the list because it looks great and people tell me it's great. I just don't have the time at the moment.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Just finished it. Really charming game with beautifully designed mechanics. It had just the right difficulty spike for me. It looks and sounds amazing.

The only bad thing about the experience was the piece of shit, fisherprice lump of plastic, Xbox 360 controller I was stuck with. The thick circle of plastic, fake d-pad was unusable, so I did it all on the analogue stick and have about broken my thumb, plus the carpal tunnel from having my hand constantly stretched around the brick design. I would have been better off with a Power Glove. I don't know how I ever completed Super Meat Boy and Undertale genocide using it.

You need a real gaming controller for this one due to the precision nature of the mechanics and regular use of upward diagonals. When I get one I'll probably go back for the missing Strawberries.