Celtic Horizons

B Cantona

Desperate
A thread which will particularly interest season tickets holders, especially those who get chubbed for away tickets time and time again...

Those who commit to their ticket for the entire campaign, even when doing so means tickets are no cheaper than if you bought on an individual basis as a member, that you are tied to the ACS for European and FA Cup games. You can opt out for Carling Cup, but it means you can't apply for away games any more...

Who here has heard of 'Celtic Horizons'?

Celtic Horizon Tours - Wigan Athletic v Manchester United Details

Apparently we have a 5000 allocation for Wigan, and this company has been given 1000 of those tickets for their operation

Doesn't it warm the cockles of your heart?

Decotron

I used to use them regularly. Wouldnt recommend. Think they are based in Kildare, they're around a long time aswell. The last match I went to with them was a few year back, dodgy 0-0 Lille at home in the champions league. Have a guess where our "direct" flights flew to? Yes thats right fecking Liverpool. Then threw us onto the worst minibus Ive ever seen. Whartons Travel (Whartons Travel - premiership football package tours, premiership football tickets, liverpool tickets, man united tickets, european coach tours) are alot better and are ran by a genuine United fan who travels to pretty much every match...

Name Changed

weso26
I've used them a few times for the day trips. I have no problem with them as such, but you do get what you pay for. The coaches are normally dirty and smelly.

It can go down to between €79 and €99 for the day trip which is great.

You're right Deco, they are based in Maynooth.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
I used to use them regularly. Wouldnt recommend. Think they are based in Kildare, they're around a long time aswell. The last match I went to with them was a few year back, dodgy 0-0 Lille at home in the champions league. Have a guess where our "direct" flights flew to? Yes thats right fecking Liverpool. Then threw us onto the worst minibus Ive ever seen. Whartons Travel (Whartons Travel - premiership football package tours, premiership football tickets, liverpool tickets, man united tickets, european coach tours) are alot better and are ran by a genuine United fan who travels to pretty much every match...
I've used them a few times for the day trips. I have no problem with them as such, but you do get what you pay for. The coaches are normally dirty and smelly.

It can go down to between €79 and €99 for the day trip which is great.

You're right Deco, they are based in Maynooth.
Completely missing the point here lads.......

I know UTA get about 20 tickets per away, and obviously they've been going for years. No idea how a company not linked to any executive sponsorship with us can claim to have 1000? Slight exaggeration I'm sure.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I dont really understand why they would get any - do they get tickets for all away games?

Ive never heard of them before this thread!

I'm always right

The fact they get any is wrong.
Well....

They are not official, as in they do not get the tickets from the club in the way ThomasCook do or Co-op before them.

So there is absolutely no truth in the OP's "rumour" that the club allocate an "extra thousand" to them.

This company obviously has a few hundred executive tickets and that's how they can get aways too. These companies also use touting websites like ticket2.se and unitedticketagency.com

B Cantona

Desperate
From newseasonticket in the newbies:

Just seen your thread in the mains, a few of us were discussing this in the ticket thread in the newbie section. Here is a copy of the email I sent the club earlier and the reply from them.

Once again we've been unsuccessful in a ballott as all aways are heavily over subscribed.

I am not the only season ticket holder who is becoming increasingly disillusioned the the away ticket ballott.

I have looked on the internet today and numerous sites are selling tickets for the wigan game in the united end here are links to 2.

Manchester United Away Game Tickets and Hotels, Man Utd Tickets

http://www.celtichorizontours.com/fi...er-united.aspx

United ticket agency have tickets for all united aways as well as choice of seats/stands for all united home games.

Celtic horizon tours have coach trips with ticket in United end at Wigan.

How can such companies be in possesion of so many away tickets when I am numerours other season ticket holders can't get anything from the ballott.

I look forward to your comments

Phil McCativity

And here is the reply

Hi Phil

Thank you for your email.

These websites are not official partners of our club, and we do not endorse or reccomend purchasing tickets from either of these sources. Most likely you will end up disappointed due to the fact that the tickets cannot possibly be real and you will be turned away at the turnstile after dishing out obscene amounts of money for them.

Kind Regards,
Stuart

Brophs

The One and Only
Where does it say they get 1000? That seems crazy. Would they be able to sell that many for Wigan away?

I'm always right

So basically what I wrote above!

Of course they are not official, it's touting. Many of your fellow reds and people in the loyalty pot are guilty of selling their tickets to companies like these.

I'm always right

I am not the only season ticket holder who is becoming increasingly disillusioned the the away ticket ballott
Hiya newbieseasonticket... suggest a better way of diving 2500 by 20,000 or however many applicants we have to every single away game....

I'm being serious here too, we all love to moan but I've yet to hear a better option.

B Cantona

Desperate
This is from Tufty (official knob of Manchester United football club) via Boothy, and how I found out:

Out of a 5,000 allocation for Wigan, Celtic Horizon will get approx 1,000 tickets.
The advertised allocation that Utd will make (4,000-4,500 etc) does not include the allocation of tickets given to celtic Horizon.
On the last 2 visits, the tickets allocated to Celtic Horizon have been right in the centre of the United section and most people stood out like a sore thumb in it last season, women in fancy fur coats, people looking for their actual seats and moving others who were stood in them.

I wrote an article about Celtic Horizon earlier in the season that was published in rednews.
Its not a new thing, for the last 2 seasons at Wigan they have had an exec allocation of tickets.
Celtic Horizon (If you view their website) also advertise trips to every Utd away game, with tickets in the Utd end. At Bolton, the upper tier was only sold via Celtic Horizon. A supposed reduced allocation due to standing, yet the previous seaso, all the Execs in the upper tier stood.
Check out how much Celtc Horizon are charging for the Utd games at Anfield or Chelsea. Given its the same hotel, coach, flight etc thats being used, they mark up the big games by a few hundred pounds.

When most clubs play Wigan, they get use of the Marquee lounge, as an away fans pub/bar. This is located underneath the away end. When Wigan play United, this is used as an exec lounge for Utd fans who get tickets via Celtic Horizon."

I'm always right

This is from Tufty (official knob of Manchester United football club) via Boothy, and how I found out:

Out of a 5,000 allocation for Wigan, Celtic Horizon will get approx 1,000 tickets.
Nonsense.

The advertised allocation that Utd will make (4,000-4,500 etc) does not include the allocation of tickets given to celtic Horizon.
More bullshit, they have nothing to do with the club, it's a tout website ffs.

Check the fecking internet, there's thousands of them selling tickets to every game you can imagine. On ticket2.se tickets in the City end for the derby are cheaper than the United end.

I've no idea how someone has dreamt up that the club dish out 1000 away tickets to a 2bit company like that when they already have thomascook to use if they wanted, a MASSIVE REAL company.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
That (the exec lounge thing) makes it sound like it is a deal that Celtic Horizons have with Wigan rather than United - doesnt make any sense that they are given the tickets by the club.

B Cantona

Desperate
Granted its not the best source, but clearly this group exist, and there is confirmation people are getting tickets to aways in our end through them

Which is absolutely scandalous for my money

I'm always right

That (the exec lounge thing) makes it sound like it is a deal that Celtic Horizons have with Wigan rather than United - doesnt make any sense that they are given the tickets by the club.
It doesn't make sense cause it aint true.

I'm sorry to rip this apart Brad but I know A LOT about this area, and the claim of United giving tickets to a company like that belongs in Disney Land.

I'm always right

Granted its not the best source, but clearly this group exist, and there is confirmation people are getting tickets to aways in our end through them

Which is absolutely scandalous for my money
Blame your fellow reds for touting tickets, and to ticket touts in general of course.

I'm always right

Brad that reply is absolute nonsense. Im not a fan of theres but I never heard of them letting anyone down ticket wise. You're handed a season ticket on the coach in my experience
They didn't claim anything of the sort but what else could they say? All clubs advise people NOT to use touts as the risks of being swindled are high.

B Cantona

Desperate
It's still disgusting. They obviously have a guaranteed number of execs providing them on a regular basis then?

Why is Tufty being a prick giving it nonsense then? Or should I already know the answer to that...

I'm always right

It's still disgusting. They obviously have a guaranteed number of execs providing them on a regular basis then?

Why is Tufty being a prick giving it nonsense then? Or should I already know the answer to that...
feck knows why he's giving it nonsense, but I'm certain it is for the reasons I pm'd you about.

I mean seriously, we're the biggest club in the world, why would we be doing business with a shitty little travel agency like them when we have thomascook ready and waiting to pull everyone's pants down, but just in a more professional manner. :rolleyes:

No doubt these celtic thingys have a massive network of ST holders, execs, loyalty pot members supplying them with tickets.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
A thread which will particularly interest season tickets holders, especially those who get chubbed for away tickets time and time again...

Those who commit to their ticket for the entire campaign, even when doing so means tickets are no cheaper than if you bought on an individual basis as a member, that you are tied to the ACS for European and FA Cup games. You can opt out for Carling Cup, but it means you can't apply for away games any more...

Who here has heard of 'Celtic Horizons'?

Celtic Horizon Tours - Wigan Athletic v Manchester United Details

Apparently we have a 5000 allocation for Wigan, and this company has been given 1000 of those tickets for their operation

Doesn't it warm the cockles of your heart?
Can you please retract that claim (and also edit your OP). It's complete and utter bollocks.

B Cantona

Desperate
Can you please retract that claim (and also edit your OP). It's complete and utter bollocks.
It's not my claim to retract

The content of the thread speaks for itself. And if I may be so bold, on the list of folk connected with United who you wouldn't trust with a barge pole, you're right up there