Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Tuchel is some character, jumping up and down on the sidelines, good exercise, I guess.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I'd have taken a 2-2 before kickoff but I feel a bit let down. Should have been a better result for Bayern. Real were they usual cynical self, not doing much, lot of game breaking fouls. Hope we can wipe that smug grin from Vinis face next week.

Marvin look out

Kim and Vasquez are dross. So are Tuchel and Ancelotti. Why do Real only play football when they're behind? Why did Bayern stop attacking at 2-1?

Redstain

Good game, some individual errors but they looked even matched in terms of clear cut chances. KMJ was diabolical was a former Maguire-esque performance in the sense of poor physicality and bad timing.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Don’t laugh damnit, it’s all we have. :lol:
Well, what's worse? Not buying a striker, or buying a new CB for >50m each season and then having to field Dier because he is the best of them?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'd have taken a 2-2 before kickoff but I feel a bit let down. Should have been a better result for Bayern. Real were they usual cynical self, not doing much, lot of game breaking fouls. Hope we can wipe that smug grin from Vinis face next week.
That guy grinds my gears, and not only when he scores against us. Not quite Ronaldo levels, but a decent ersatz.

RoyH1

Should be a cracking game in the return. But Madrid might just have the edge with Carvajal back.
They haven’t lost at the Bernabéu in more than a calendar year either.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Kim and Vasquez are dross. So are Tuchel and Ancelotti. Why do Real only play football when they're behind? Why did Bayern stop attacking at 2-1?
Because what's even the point otherwise? Gotta make it interesting otherwise where's the challenge

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Well, what's worse? Not buying a striker, or buying a new CB for >50m each season and then having to field Dier because he is the best of them?
To be honest De Ligt performs well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That guy grinds my gears, and not only when he scores against us. Not quite Ronaldo levels, but a decent ersatz.
Don't do this to yourselves dudes

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The result is good and Bayern reacted very well. We were overconfident and lost our composure. If they held on at the Ettihad for 2 hours they could have held the scoreboard perfectly.
Great goal by Sané and Musiala good match, is a crack.
However, I have the feeling that we were too insipid, too passive without being so necessary.
Kroos very well, obviously it was a special match for him.
Camavinga for several minutes did not know where he was.
Bellingham was very bad, I think it's time to send him to the bench.
Just kidding! But a slap on the wrist in the friendly press would not be bad.

eire-red

As if they're having top secret conversations, twats
"Let's discuss highly sensitive information in front of hundreds of cameras, I don't want people in the tunnell to see us. Don't worry, just cover your mouth with your hand so I can't hear you anyway."

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good game but the level seems a lot lower these days.

Todd

Sane's goal was pure class, and the ball Kroos played through to Vini was just lovely.

Overall a pretty exciting match, and I think Madrid have one foot in the final with the result.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kim and Upamecano either give you a 2/10 or a 9/10 performance. De Ligt and Dier give you a 8/10 and 7/10 every time. That is why the latter are starting.

BorisManUtd

You'd think Real Madrid have better chances in the 2nd leg being home side and being best at winning these kind of games in the last decade. Nothing decided yet though obviously, should be great game at Bernabeu.

criticalanalysis

Kim and Upamecano either give you a 2/10 or a 9/10 performance. De Ligt and Dier give you a 8/10 and 7/10 every time. That is why the latter are starting.
Wow has Kim really been that bad for you guys?

I didn't watch Napoli last year but had always assumed Kim was a mobile, physical defender with good speed that on paper had the tools to be both an aggressive player nipping at your heels playing in a higher line and also a good penalty box defender. He also looked like he's somewhat of a capable passer but overall he looked like he lack a bit of finesse and played on the edge/a fine line, sort of like a pre-Tuchel Rudiger.

What's your general assessment of him and would you give him give benefit of the doubt i.e new league, no chemistry with teammates/centre back partnership etc?

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Thought Kim had an 9/10 game for 95% yesterday but his two extreme clonkers may cost Bayern the final. Brutal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Calling the penalty a mistake is a bit unfair, honestly that was just magic by Vini, Kim was unfortunate but if he doesn't foul there Rodrygo has a 1vs1 on Neuer from a good angle. He acts on instinct, after Vini made the ball pass through a space that didn't exist

The first goal on the other hand is a perfect encapsulation of why Tuchel prefers Dier-De Ligt: poor communication. It's a stupid thing he does stepping up to cut a pass to Vini's feet in that situation, but he does it thinking he's covered in behind by Kimmich. Only he's not...

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Great game last night..both teams surprisingly very open for a semifinal. Madrid with a little bit cautious performance but that is typical for Ancelotti in the first leg of a KO tournament. Real are favourites to go through but I expect even more open game at the Bernabeu stadium.

RoyH1

Can de Ligt make it back for the return leg?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thought Kim had an 9/10 game for 95% yesterday but his two extreme clonkers may cost Bayern the final. Brutal.
That kinda sums up his and Upamecano‘s game. There is so much potential in those two, but…

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Real are favourites to go through but I expect even more open game at the Bernabeu stadium.
While the result could have been better without Kim's blunders a 2:2 at home isn't bad for Bayern. After all we lost our 3 last home games against Madrid.
Bayern normally very well in Madrid. I also see Madrid as light favorites as too many of our players are injured (Coman, de Ligt) or carry knocks thus aren't at their best (Sané, Musiala, Gnabry, Laimer).
Looking forward to the game.

The referee was excellent yesterday. No VAR needed! I can remember only one wrong corner awarded to us and a free kick for Real which wasn't a foul after a perfectly fine tackle of Kane.
Hope the one in Madrid will be as good.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
All left to play for.
Real Madrid haven't won either knockout game at the Bernabeu this season and didn't win the one against City last season so it's not out of the question that it'll be another draw + pens.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
All left to play for.
Real Madrid haven't won either knockout game at the Bernabeu this season and didn't win the one against City last season so it's not out of the question that it'll be another draw + pens.
Well, last time we had pens against Bayern & Neuer…no thanks :nervous:

Good result, not a great one. I honestly do think we will concede first in the return leg. We always do. Hope Jude and Rodrygo are healthy and no longer dealing with that stomach issue or whatever it was.

My hopes are on Vini bailing us out.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Today could be a really ugly result for Dortmund. They are currently a rubbish team and it would come as no surprise if they were completely without a chance today.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It was precisely the game I was afraid we'd have. Playing well and coming up with empty hands.

Laimer was loads of fun to watch.

Moriarty

All left to play for.
If they hadn't abolished the away goals rule, you'd be booking your ticket for Wembley. Silly decision in my opinion. I think Real on song will be too much for Bayern.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
It was precisely the game I was afraid we'd have. Playing well and coming up with empty hands.

Laimer was loads of fun to watch.
Is it really empty? Basically 0-0 with 90 mins to go and Tuchel is incredibly good in these types of matches. Not like we are most brilliant Madrid side in ages. League form doesn’t seem to count for much.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Is it really empty? Basically 0-0 with 90 mins to go and Tuchel is incredibly good in these types of matches. Not like we are most brilliant Madrid side in ages. League form doesn’t seem to count for much.
That is empty handed to me. We should have won that game. Instead we're entering the second leg with nothing to show for and have to play at the most difficult place in football.