Champions League 2018/19

legolegs

duploarms
Supports
Ajax
PSV better not bottle this tomorrow. Eredivisie still in a ridiculously poor 14th place on the UEFA rankings, behind countries like Austria, Czech Republic, Switserland and Belgium. But qualifying for the group stages of Champions League brings in a massive amount of extra money for a club.
If they lose they will play in the EL, right? I don't mind them in the CL but I suppose they could fetch us more points in the EL. At least in theory.

Attacking Midfielder

Supports
Ajax
If they lose they will play in the EL, right? I don't mind them in the CL but I suppose they could fetch us more points in the EL. At least in theory.
There is a 4 point bonus for teams that qualify for the CL. So they need to do really well in the EL to get these bonus points back.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Probably, but with a lucky draw they could also finish 3rd in their CL group and then still go to EL and get some results there. Last year their turnover was around €70 million, if they make it to the group stage CL this year it'll be close to €100 million so that's a massive bonus.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How have Salzburg managed to never qualify for CL all these years?

Blackwidow

Salzburg's Eleven

2006 - FC Valencia
2007 - Schachtar Donezk
2009 - Maccabi Haifa
2010 - Hapoel Tel Aviv
2012 - F91 Düdelingen
2013 - Fenerbahçe Istanbul
2014 - Malmö FF
2015 - Malmö FF
2016 - Dynamo Zagreb
2017 - HNK Rijeka
2018 - Roter Stern Belgrad

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ha ha Benfica nick the last Pot 2 spot in place of Liverpool.

Would like to get Lokomotiv Moscow, Ajax and Club Brugge.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Salzburg's Eleven

2006 - FC Valencia
2007 - Schachtar Donezk
2009 - Maccabi Haifa
2010 - Hapoel Tel Aviv
2012 - F91 Düdelingen
2013 - Fenerbahçe Istanbul
2014 - Malmö FF
2015 - Malmö FF
2016 - Dynamo Zagreb
2017 - HNK Rijeka
2018 - Roter Stern Belgrad
Valencia you’d expect them to go out against, Fenerbahçe and Shaktar are bigger than them too. They had no right to lose to all the rest.

RoyH1

Liverpool would probably top it
That's a bold, bold statement considering how Spanish clubs have absolutely owned Premiership teams in the Champions League over the course of the last decade. While Madrid is weaker on paper than it was last year, both Atletico and Barsa have added to their teams.

GledTheRed

That's a bold, bold statement considering how Spanish clubs have absolutely owned Premiership teams in the Champions League over the course of the last decade. While Madrid is weaker on paper than it was last year, both Atletico and Barsa have added to their teams.
Was tongue in cheek, Liverpool have a very good team though.

RoyH1

Was tongue in cheek, Liverpool have a very good team though.
oh, I see. Sorry. Emoticons have utterly removed my grasp of irony, sarcasm or the like.

Yes, Liverpool are the team everyone wants to avoid from pot 3. They're playing well. I hope they end up in Lokomotiv's group to balance things out a bit