Champions League Draw | Group A: FC Harry Kane, United, Copenhagen, Galatasaray

Dansk

At what point will there be an investigation into the draws City get year after year?
It really is suspicious at this point, but at the end of the day, it's probably just luck. Liverpool have been unrealistically lucky for years now so why shouldn't City? Maybe incredible luck for our two main rivals is part of the Egyptian curse that this club has clearly been under for a decade.

PoTMS

What's Kane's goalscoring record against United? It wasn't great if I recall correctly, unless I'm mistaken.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How? PSG are not the PSG of 3 years ago. Only really Milan I see giving them a bit of a tough time because they have signed really well in the summer. They will dispatch Dortmund home and away.
All 4 will give each other a tough time, not sure when Newcastle became this super power in peoples minds

Cloud7

This is a fun group. Excited for the Bayern ties. This is the whole purpose of being in the CL

Oranges038

Decnt draw.

Feck Newcastle, hope they lose every game.

City will walk that group, 18pts and will score about 40 goals.

rk4utd

Decent group to be honest, should have a packed Old Trafford for all of these games as well which is a bonus.
Would be packed even if we played the bobbins city have drawn - I wonder if the reigning champions of Europe will sell out against their group opponents, though?

Telsim

How? PSG are not the PSG of 3 years ago. Only really Milan I see giving them a bit of a tough time because they have signed really well in the summer. They will dispatch Dortmund home and away.
Experience. The others are seasoned European contenders. Newcastle will have to manage the league and European competition for the first time. These things count. Newcastle are good, but they are not that good. I expect Dortmund to demolish them on both occasions.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
We should be finishing at least 3rd in this group.
At least 2nd. Honestly if I were to bet I would bet on United finishing first. Bayern Is a great team don't get me wrong but they aren't as good as they used to be.

PoTMS

At least 2nd. Honestly if I were to bet I would bet on United finishing first. Bayern Is a great team don't get me wrong but they aren't as good as they used to be.
Neither are United. Bayern are still a lot better than us. You're dreaming if you think United are finishing top.

Dannn411

United need to start playing well again and looking solid again for me to be comfortable. The way we've been playing, it is far from a guarantee that we finish in the top 2. Also think Bayern will get better and better as the season goes along. I expect them to contend for the trophy at the end.

AndyMUFC

Love they Newcastle group. That’s hot one to watch.

Our group is alright, interesting games with Bayern and Galatasaray but one we should still be getting through.

jadaba

I'm super excited for this. Can't take any of these games for granted but at least we'll have some exciting fixtures as opposed to Arsenal & City's Conference League groups.

Telsim

Lots of underestimating Bayern in this thread, it seems. They brought Kane, Min-Jae, and Leimer this summer. And Tuchel has had time to work now - a coach who has actually won the competition.

They won't be the Bayern of last season. I have them pegged as third-likely to win it, after City and Real Madrid.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Neither are United. Bayern are still a lot better than us. You're dreaming if you think United are finishing top.
Yeah I really have to chuckle when someone thinks we're guaranteed to top this group. But hey at least I'm happy they re not Spanish. We should be able to make it out this group without many excuses.

Hughes35

It's a decent draw tbh. If you can't at least finish 3rd in that group then you've got problems.

Looking forward to it. Need to get back onntrack this Sunday and finally arrive this season

doomy20

Bayern will top the group as they never shit themselves against smaller teams like we do. But after them, we should finish 2nd, even if we lose away to Bayern and draw in Istanbul

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Experience. The others are seasoned European contenders. Newcastle will have to manage the league and European competition for the first time. These things count. Newcastle are good, but they are not that good. I expect Dortmund to demolish them on both occasions.
Just no. Dortmund in their current state might somehow grind out a win, but I would rather bet on Union Berlin winning it's group then on Dortmund demolishining anyone in their group.

Arnold Layne

feck we have to go to Turkey.

Never a nice place to go.
Agree I remember the time with welcome to hell banners at the airport. Stories of constant noise outside and inside Utd's hotel. The players being assaulted by police with batons leaving the pitch.

Yanited__

Battle for 2nd between us and Galatasaray. They got a lot of tricky players, Zaha/Ziyech/Mertens/Icardi. It can be a banana skin. But this is what the UCL is about. Big European nights, all 3 teams great cities.

Dannn411

Have you watched Dortmund recently? Demolish? Having a laugh there.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's actually funny but we haven't had a properly exciting CL tie in ages. We got PSG a couple of times with Ole but that's not a fun team. We got Barcelona when we knew we had no hope in the quarters that one year. This season is the most I've looked forward to the CL since Sir Alex and how we test ourselves in it. Glad we got a big game.

izec

We have fallen so far behind. What is all this talk about third? We need to be 2nd, at least. Copenhagen and Galatasaray should not be close to us.

PoTMS

We have fallen so far behind. What is all this talk about third? We need to be 2nd, at least. Copenhagen and Galatasaray should not be close to us.
It's the reality. We are largely a joke away from home in Europe. There's no guarantee we'll beat either in Copenhagen or Istanbul.