Champions League Final: Liverpool v Real Madrid | Hala Madrid!

Who do you think will win the Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DickDastardly

the rule is playing the ball. he played it by slide tackling the ball away from valverde, which then fell to benzema.

i’ve seen goals like this 100s of times.

unlucky deflections are nothing new at all.
No. The rule is that it has be Deliberate.

A block is not. Simple.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The ref is bent, Liverpool players are apparently allowed to grab and pull opponents but you can't breath near them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No, the idea of a deliberate touch has been there for a while. I remember Kane scoring a goal at Anfield a couple of years back after a Liverpool defender tried to cut it out and touched it into his path and the debate afterwards being about whether it should have stood given the Liverpool defender deliberately made a play at the ball but obviously not to where it went. Deliberately playing the ball is quite subjective though, he's sliding in his area to try and avoid conceding a goal plus the more I see it the less I think Valverde touched it anyway which makes everything else academic.
Valverde definitely touched it.

It originally came off Fabinho's knee then it clips the top of Valverde's boot.

Sara125

Ah I see, saw someone mention it was because he's behind the 'keeper. Thanks for clearing that up.

It should be one player, not two I'm not sure why its two.
Because then offside wouldn’t even be a thing. If that’s the case, a player can play a ball to their teammate who in that moment that the ball is played is ahead of all the other opposition players as long as the goalkeeper (one player) is in between him and the goal

choccy77

It hit Fabinhos knee, no one tries to make a tackle with the knee, therefore it isn't deliberate play on the ball = correct decision, as much I wish it would have ruled in.
It came off the keeper, another Liverpool player and then it hit the guys knee... how much of a stretch do you want?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Even if it’s a block the moment the ball motion goes forward any offsides are not to be considered when it hits Fabinho. If it hit Fabinho when he was behind Konate then you might have a point.
That is just false. And not a rule. While it is same play, offside stays

Anustart89

Ref asks Henderson to go four times. Henderson's like "nah mate I'll stay here if I want"

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Casemiro is only 30 but he plays like he’s 35
Edit: he’s younger than both Thiago and Henderson!!

RedDevilQuebecois

Give him a yellow card, FFS! Turpin is such the useless git.

That was a move that would make a UFC fighter proud.

Withnail

If you shoot and your shot takes a double deflection before going in, it will still count as your goal. I can see the same logic applied when making a pass. If Valverde made a pass and it takes a double deflection, it should still count as his pass.

The debate should be whether Valverde touched the ball at all. If he did, then offside. If he didn't, then it's a goal. If you want to be objective, look at the situation but imagine that the team in red is United.

Again.

Havent missed it. But it's a block because Valverde touches it!

Really is simple.
Konate intentionally plays the ball backwards. He kicks it. It's not a block.

Strats

This Liverpool team are a bunch of freaks. Never seen fitness levels like this in football before and it's hard not to flirt with conspiracy theories about how they keep it up.
It's insane. Read that they have played 63(something like that) fecking games this season. Based on the intensity of the game nowadays especially in England, any other team would be either fatigued or riddled with injuries by this time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm actually bored :lol: This is not a good final

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
God if I was a ref I'd punch Jordan Henderson if he got in my face shouting like he does every game.

Such a cnut.

GwilDor

TAA should be on a yellow, based on the second galf alone. That pulling down of Vinicius… City and pool get away with that shit way too often.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Its not. The rule is fine.

Nothing subjective about a block.

Quite easy to distuingish a block from a pass.
it wasn’t a block. He slid in to tackle and won the ball, knocking it into benzema’s path. You keep rabbiting on about a block that never happened.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Referee is no longer being honest .
Bent too like most of the English refs

Rajma

Listen the ball off Kanate flies forward you can’t give offside for unlucky clearances into the players further away from the pitch than the player who initially made the pass.

Josep Dowling

Tactical fouling is such a huge part of Liverpool’s game. They have perfected the dark arts. Bastards.
Same as City. They suffocate teams by pressing then get away with fouls when teams have a chance to counter. That’s why I think fouls that stop counter attacks should be worth more than a yellow.